Anderson County Basketball

orcat

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the athletes AC has surely they will win alot more games than just Kingston?

I dont know about the "great athletes" part, and I didnt say they would beat Kingston, I said they would have a chance. I do agree they should win a few other games, they should beat Carter and possibly Catholic also. Might be able to pull out a win over Scott County but it wont be a gimmie.

Wow, with what they had returning I really expected them to win 20 games and compete for the region title. I am a little red faced.

I've read your previous post where you stated losing the Dupree sisters shouldnt make that much of a difference. I disagree with you even though I believe the biggest problem they are currently facing is the head coach. When you lose the type impact players that the Dupree Sisters are, you are going to struggle until someone steps up. So far, no one on their current roster can fill that void.

Bratman, please tell me the truth is in you? I thought you were a man if honesty and integrity. Wow you went from playing Anderson Co. in volleyball, to reading the paper, to living in Iowa, and referring to Anderson Co. as "we" all in one post. Did Anderson Co. travel to Iowa to play a volleyball game? Lets be honest here bratman: Anderson Co. was not as good in volleyball this year as they have been in the past and they are way down in basketball. When was the last time an Anderson Co. volleyball team did not beat Clinton? Yes they made the state but exactly how hard is the road getting there in A-AA. And yes Anderson Co. always has a solid team in volleyball no one will disagree on that, but the athletes are thine at the current time. You are wanting to talk about all the great athletes when was the last time Anderson Co. produced a division 1 athelte in volleyball or basketball. Do you see one coming soon? You are smarter than that bratman. There is no Coach that could make this Anderson Co. basketball team a contender in there region. This thread is starting to be a joke.

Bratman, please tell me the truth is in you? I thought you were a man if honesty and integrity. Wow you went from playing Anderson Co. in volleyball, to reading the paper, to living in Iowa, and referring to Anderson Co. as "we" all in one post. Did Anderson Co. travel to Iowa to play a volleyball game? Lets be honest here bratman: Anderson Co. was not as good in volleyball this year as they have been in the past and they are way down in basketball. When was the last time an Anderson Co. volleyball team did not beat Clinton? Yes they made the state but exactly how hard is the road getting there in A-AA. And yes Anderson Co. always has a solid team in volleyball no one will disagree on that, but the athletes are thine at the current time. You are wanting to talk about all the great athletes when was the last time Anderson Co. produced a division 1 athelte in volleyball or basketball. Do you see one coming soon? You are smarter than that bratman. There is no Coach that could make this Anderson Co. basketball team a contender in there region. This thread is starting to be a joke.

WOW!

Rachel Templin is currently playing division 1 volleyball. Lori Purkey went to a D-1 school before transferring to work on pre-med. Amy Eckerly also had D-1 offers but chose to stay at home. Those girls graduated in 03. Mai Ferry had a D-1 offer but chose to play close to home, she graduated in 05, which was when my daughter graduated. And yes, there are D-1 prospects there now. The Sain girl is a definite D-1 player, and may be the best soph in the state. Likewise, Pittman and Hopi's daughter could play D-1. Bollinger and Dew will also play college.

As far as how tough is it to get to state, that shows your ignorance. AC finished third at state, Catholic, who is in their district finished second. CAK (who had Catholic on the ropes for a first round district knock-out and Stone Memorial make it the toughest volleyball district in the state for A/AA. Also, unlike basketball, only 2 teams go from the district to the region, where AC had to beat a powerful Seymour team which had only lost 3 matches all year. They did all of this with a freshman MB who had never played replacing 6'4" All Region Faith Dupree and a soph MB that had never played replacing 6' Emily Dupree who was the best returning player. This loss hurt the volleyball team worse than basketball because they also lost to graduation two other front row players Brittany Carter who is playing in college, and 6' Megan Seiber who could have played in college. The volleyball was much younger than the basketball team, and they made their 9th straight trip to state, and made their 7th final four in 9 years.

The difference is coaching. Anderson County IS loaded with athletes. There is no way AC should be winless at this point in the season. To be fair I don't live there anymore, but my daughter goes to college in TN, and I visit and have friends and family there.

Don't attck the girls on the basketball team, because they ARE talented. They will win games.

I am done with this thread.

Good luck girls, I believe in you!