Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

Can't live in M'boro for 11+ years and not know how to pronounce Lebnun. It is also Shebvill, and Woodbur.

C Y go ahead and tell um, tell them how stingy you're defense had been all year long. I'll have to admitt, Iwas a little concerned about running the ball on you guys. You're numbers were very impressive

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on Pujo, who did Coalfield play?

Hampton. their backs were studs, actually their whole team was strong as bears. Trust me ,They were a fine looking ballteam. They were really a better team than I thought they were. That Coalfield bunch evidently works their butts. Two years in a row ,we have put them out of the playoffs, and both times I left feeling bad for their guys, kids who put the amount of effort in the weight room, like Coalfield does, deserves to be winners. They will be in the long run ,because those kids know how to work. I;m a Coalfield fan.

Hampton. their backs were studs, actually their whole team was strong as bears. Trust me ,They were a fine looking ballteam. They were really a better team than I thought they were. That Coalfield bunch evidently works their butts. Two years in a row ,we have put them out of the playoffs, and both times I left feeling bad for their guys, kids who put the amount of effort in the weight room, like Coalfield does, deserves to be winners. They will be in the long run ,because those kids know how to work. I;m a Coalfield fan.

Well I meant OTHER than you folks. Sorry bout that. Hey we know ya'll are good. The film don't lie.

pujo how did practice go yesterday? OJ going to be back at 100%? Whats the plans for everyone leaving for the game

Couldn't be better, evertones healthy ,excited and ready to go. As far as Adam goes , I'm not sure, but you can believe, he will do everything in his power ,be it run the ball, pump the other guys up, be a vocal leader. He is a huge part of this Bulldog team. Momma says ,he might run for about 200 yards and teach this bunch a little manners.

C Y go ahead and tell um, tell them how stingy you're defense had been all year long. I'll have to admitt, Iwas a little concerned about running the ball on you guys. You're numbers were very impressive

Ok, aside from not playing anybody (Harriman and Midwayx2 two play off teams and Hampton) Coalfield only had 136 points scored on them through 13 games. Hampton did not score as much as Greenback but those scores came during substitutions of younger players. The highest score on starters came from Oliver Springs (a 2a school in a region with ALCOA that usually is in the playoffs) until Hampton.

In the Hampton game there was a defensive breakdown after two unfortunate happenings, an interception on the Coalfield 19, and a snap over a the punter's head. At that point the air went out until half and by then it was too late. In the first half Hampton had approximately 205 yards total offense. In the second half Coalfield held them to approximately 90 yards total offense (adjustments were made that worked) until 40 seconds left Hampton still had their starters in and were threatening. They took a knee though.

Hampton is a big strong physical team. They have some speed and are pretty decent at passing for a power football team. However, if FCS is about the same as last year, and after giving a fit to TC last year, Hampton may have some problems. If FCS has the team they had last year they will be near what TC had last year. That could add up to problems for Hampton but I don't know. Did not see TC or FCS last year nor FCS this year. Just like no one from FCS saw Coalfield but the scout I talked to at the break in the bathroom. :thumb:

Edited by CYJacket

54 hours.....55 minutes....13 seconds before kickoff.......Man I'm excited. Nothing like a big high school football game with two good teams trying to get to next week.....Should be a great atmosphere Friday night.........Awesome Baby!

I'm just hoping you guys take it easy on us and don't run up the score.