David Lipscomb Mustangs @ Dyersburg Trojans

treefitty74

First of all, congradulations to the Trojans for a great season. The Mustangs look forward to a great game this Friday night. The Trojans can be assured that they will get everything that the Mustangs have got, but when the game is over, we will all shakes hands and congradulate each other for a great year. This mustang fan wishes both teams a hard-fought, injury free game. See you Friday night! Go Mustangs!!

Thank you. You can echo that for the Trojan fans. We will be there in numbers and we will be hospitable. I have been working with Mr. Binkley at the Lipscomb website to provide as much useful information about our facilities, our statistics, our eating places and other things to make your visit a good one. Forecasts are for good weather and the crowd should be huge, notwithstanding that it will be one day after Thanksgiving.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the posters from Crockett County, Covington, Milan and other West Tennessee communities for their support. Ever notice how, back in July and August, many of us were a bit smart-alecky and cocky, given to abusing our future opponents, declaring war on the enemy, etc. Now, after a season of games, some losses, we are nearly all more calm, more tolerant and more respectful of the other fans?

Edited by Augielio

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, congradulations to the Trojans for a great season. The Mustangs look forward to a great game this Friday night. The Trojans can be assured that they will get everything that the Mustangs have got, but when the game is over, we will all shakes hands and congradulate each other for a great year. This mustang fan wishes both teams a hard-fought, injury free game. See you Friday night! Go Mustangs!!

Great post..Looking forward to a Great game from both teams that will surely bring their A game..Win or Lose The Trojans will meet the Mustangs after the game is over mid-field for a Friendly Good-game Handshake ..Have a Great Thanksgiving, safe trip over,enjoy our Hosipitality, Class meets Class !! GO TROJANS !! :lol::D

Get Ready, West Tennessee. You'll feel it...... The ground shaking, the rumble. You''ll look around, not sure what you're hearing or feeling.........

BOOM.

You've just been run over by Mustang Stampede.

Get ready.

Actually I believe that will be the sound of the 4 BOSS HOSS V8 Motorcycles leading the players onto the field.. Scotty bagpipe player better get a lot of lung power to be heard over the roar of THAT :unsure:

Get Ready, West Tennessee. You'll feel it...... The ground shaking, the rumble. You''ll look around, not sure what you're hearing or feeling.........

BOOM.

You've just been run over by Mustang Stampede.

Get ready.

the ground will be shaking, and you will not be able to hear.....but it will not be because of a mustang stampede.....

the only horses you will SEE, FEEL, AND HEAR will be the more than 1,200 horses that will lead the trojans on field......

All I see here are people making assumations about teams they dont really seem to know anything about,,,This is trojansfan_04. and i cant lie to you, I dont know alot about DL, I asked questions about them early in the board to get an idea about them and think I got something to go by now so...

Throw the rankings out the window for this one,,,,Two weeks ago, 13th ranked rutgers rolled into into 3rd ranked Louisville, and the reminded them Y anyone can win a football game, but the Rutgers got rolled on byt Cincy so,,It just goes to show it doesnt matter what rank ur D is or you O, You have to get it done....I know that DL hasnt played well against alot of the things we like to run, That has seemed to be one point that has stayed constant...DL runs a wingT, which is an offnese that D'burg has gotten better at defending but WHO KNOWS, and DL has a very good athletic QB..That may be Dyersburg biggest down fall,,,Its goin to be a awesome game, I could see it goin either way although Liscomb is prolly heavy favorites, but from now on lets talk football,,,I hope that when Liscomb leaves here wIN or LOSE, they know trojan football mean business,,,,,,BUT hopefully they leave wih a lose.........

I think I have been selling Dyersburg a little short. I just read that they have a Missouri comminttment as well as a few other big lineman. If Dburg controls the line of scrimmage, then they certainly should win the game.

Can you give me some more info on Dyersburg?

Now more than ever, Dyersburg will need to see their primary offensive weapons healthy. The QB Taylor is a real burner, but has been hobbled for 4 weeks with a real problem ankle. He starts the game looking relatively fit, but by the second half he is visibly slowed. Also, Caldwell was running alone last week down the field, and nobody has caught him from behind for two years, when a hamstring tightened up at the 15.

The reason this is critical is that Dyersburg is very effective with the option attack when both legitimate 4.4 players can execute the play on healthy wheels. DL seemed to have problems with the GC option, and I don't believe that they can run with Taylor and Caldwell (when healthy no one has).

Another reason they need to be healthy is that they are an upgrade (or at least a change of pace) at the defensive safety and conerback positions. If DL is all that we are to believe offensively, Tettleton, Beasley, Taylor, and Caldwell better gut it up and be ready to stay on the field, they can rest on December 3'rd!

As far as the ability to defense the wing-t, DL does not have a Jarvis Perry and I don't know if the two backs are as effective in pass plays as the Johnson twins are over at Crockett. Will that make enought of a difference, the game will tell us. Dyersburg struggled mightily against Crockets version with their horses, even with knowledge of what was coming.

Here's to a great game, looking for a punt block or a big play to make the difference for the Trojans!

Edited by WingedHelmetFan

I cant say anything bad about Dyersburg because i know nothing about them. But what I do know is that Lipscomb's defense has really stepped it up in the last few games when they needed to. Lipscomb's offense is also being run with four great backs(Davis, Elrod, Holt, Moneypenny). Not to mention that lipscomb has a great sophmore wide receiver(Rogers). They are all being led with a leader, senior quarterback Brad Hunt. I pick Lipscomb pulls this one out in a nail-biter.

DHS TROJANS..REV IT UP..ACCORDING TO NEWSPAPERS,POLLS,FANS FROM MIDDLE AND EAST TN YOUR NOT EVEN IN CONSIDERATION TO WIN ??..BUT I NOR "ANY" OF YOU FANS,SCHOOLMATES,OTHER 7-3A FOES AND COACHES HAVE NEVER DOUBTED YOUR ABILITY,CHARACTER,ESPECIALLY YOUR "HEART"..FRIDAY NITE BELONGS TO YOU YOUNG MEN..BRING IT HARD EVERY PLAY WITH DESIRE AND INTENSITY !!..GO TROJANS :):):)

Edited by FOOTBALLFAN1960

Under 24 hours till gametime....Hope for a safe trip from the Lipscomb people over to Dyersburg...Good luck to the Trojans, and you've already represented 7-3A well...Let's just keep it going and Go win tomorrow night, and win state next Saturday....

This is my upset special....

Dyersburg 24

Lipscomb 21...

GO D-BURG!!!!