David Lipscomb Mustangs @ Dyersburg Trojans

treefitty74

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you are not playing us I will always pull for Lipscomb. Show them that it don't matter how much they multiply us we will always be better than the rest.

Cougars and Stangs the best rivalry ever

Stangs- 35

Trojans- 14

This crockett county fan is pulling for the trojans!!! Whats the trojans status are they healthy???

Daburg is just another alias of bombsquad. I heard he likes to argue with himself on these boards. No one be as dumb as daburg sounds. I wish this could just stick to football!

I love what people hear about. While conversations with myself would be funnier and more intelligent than conversations with most people on here, I have not reached that low point in my life just yet. I am not saying I have not had other screennames... Those were used in times of special need and never to talk with myself. Might I add that I also love the insinuation that no one can be as dumb as BombSquad. Thanks for that.

I'm sorry, Daburg, that my legendary status has not allowed you to be recognized for the individual you are.

Check their record and see how many points they have given up. Their defense is definetly above average. Last years defense gave up less than 10pts a game. This year's defense is giving up only slightly more points.

Why would we compare it to last year's defense? The same defense which was trounced by Livingston in the state championship? The mark of a good defense is one that can shut down the good teams, not the bottom-feeders of their regions. As I just finished "checking their record", they have given up 21 to Goodpasture and several touchdowns against teams that I didn't know had an offense. Looking at the film, I see a front seven which looked confused all night against Giles Co. for such a disciplined machine. Just my thoughts and I will continue to stick by the original post that Lipscomb is an average defense.

I love what people hear about. While conversations with myself would be funnier and more intelligent than conversations with most people on here, I have not reached that low point in my life just yet. I am not saying I have not had other screennames... Those were used in times of special need and never to talk with myself. Might I add that I also love the insinuation that no one can be as dumb as BombSquad. Thanks for that.

I'm sorry, Daburg, that my legendary status has not allowed you to be recognized for the individual you are.

Thank you BS, you are truly a legend in your own mind. As for the altercation at the end of the Giles Co. thread, have Vandy1 and bulldog dropped the gloves yet?

Caldwell and the Trojans in the rout .... 27-7

Having read the board and talking to some people, the Lip'scum' defense is average at best.

WE READY

BomXXX Oh,,I mean DaBurg. Lipscomb had the top rated Defense for Region 5 which easily took care of Region 6..Actually the Lipscomb Defense is ranked 3rd in Class 3A.

mustanglogob3.jpg

The Mustangfanpage is now updating the site for the Dyersburg Game.

BomXXX Oh,,I mean DaBurg. Lipscomb had the top rated Defense for Region 5 which easily took care of Region 6..Actually the Lipscomb Defense is ranked 3rd in Class 3A.

mustanglogob3.jpg

The Mustangfanpage is now updating the site for the Dyersburg Game.

Who are ranked #'s 1 & 2????? Fulton & Catholic????? I'll say Dyersburg has to have a good defense to have shutout Covington twice. David Lipscomb's defense has came a long way since a couple of their earlier games on that side of the football (Goodpasture & Cheatham County). They held one of the state's elite backs to just 38 yards on 20 carries last week and despite the great efforts from the GC quarterback the Mustangs won the game by holding that high powered GC offense in check for the second time this year. Pearl-Cohn has had an absolutely stingy defense looking at their numbers since week seven.

Region 6 was a bit terrible this year (sorry I tried to put it nicely). Looking at the numbers Region 7 isn't much better on paper but that means nothing as both Jackson South Side & Crockett Co. would tell you right now.

I'm taking David Lipscomb to win this one and I wouldn't be shocked if it's an easier win than most people expect. The Mustangs really survived a scare last week against Giles and most teams do play their best after they avoid elimination the week beforehand. Look at whay Dyersburg did last week against Covington after they were almost ousted by Haywood the previous week.

David Lipscomb: 28

Dyersburg: 14 (the second of those two TD's may come late when it's already decided)

Who are ranked #'s 1 & 2????? Fulton & Catholic????? I'll say Dyersburg has to have a good defense to have shutout Covington twice. David Lipscomb's defense has came a long way since a couple of their earlier games on that side of the football (Goodpasture & Cheatham County). They held one of the state's elite backs to just 38 yards on 20 carries last week and despite the great efforts from the GC quarterback the Mustangs won the game by holding that high powered GC offense in check for the second time this year. Pearl-Cohn has had an absolutely stingy defense looking at their numbers since week seven.

David Lipscomb: 28

Dyersburg: 14 (the second of those two TD's may come late when it's already decided)

Big Country: FYI

Here are the Current Defensive Rankings. (The opponents records are counted in this computer calculation and Ranking.)

1. Fulton

2. Knoxville Catholic

3. David Lipscomb

4. Knoxville Carter

5. Covington

6. Austin East

7. Giles County

8. Pearl Cohn

9. Haywood County

10. Notre Dame

Other Notables: 14. Dyersburg 17. Sycamore

Here are the Current Defensive Rankings. (The opponents records are counted in this computer calculation and Ranking.)

1. Fulton

2. Knoxville Catholic

3. David Lipscomb

4. Knoxville Carter

5. Covington

6. Austin East

7. Giles County

8. Pearl Cohn

9. Haywood County

10. Notre Dame

Is this the BCS? This is highschool football, what do computer rankings mean? What a joke. Tell Wilson Cates about those rankings. I saw the linebacking crew out of position all night vs. Giles Co.

Is this the BCS? This is highschool football, what do computer rankings mean? What a joke. Tell Wilson Cates about those rankings. I saw the linebacking crew out of position all night vs. Giles Co.

It may not be that the linebackers were out of position. You remember the calls. They may have been in the right spot on the call and the others may have been out of whack.

Last year was last year. They approached Livingston Academy differently and it came back to bite them. Mustangs couldn't recover in the amount of time that was left.

Its all just computer calculations, just like odds on college and Pro games...just for entertainment purposes only.

1. Fulton

2. Knoxville Catholic

3. David Lipscomb

4. Knoxville Carter

5. Covington

6. Austin East

7. Giles County

8. Pearl Cohn

9. Haywood County

10. Notre Dame

So basically out of the four teams left, which is truly all the matters, we'll say the following about those teams rankings defensively:

1.) Fulton

2.) David Lipscomb

3.) Pearl-Cohn

4.) Dyersburg

How do they rank offensively????? Also can you give me the exact numbers on these four teams this year both offensively and defensively???? I have induvidual statistics on David Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, & Fulton but don't have anything on Dyersburg really. Any info on the Trojans would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

stats are nice to look at but looking at the stats livingston wasnt suppose to be state champs last year but they were, if everyone east of the river believes dyersburg is going to roll over and take a wooping they are wrong, dyersburg is a hit you in the mouth team and it will be that type of game, get ready caldwell dropped 212 yrds on covington's d-fence and exspect him to be running well all night.... THE TROJANS ARE HEALTY!!!!!! EXSPECT TAYLOR TO AIR IT OUT AGAINST THE MUSTANGS!!!!!!