Knox Catholic !

Bravey

Let me first say that this was a great game ... if Catholic could have a madea first down or two the gamw would have been over ... I dont know how many Catholic fans will read this afterwards but i want to say that they handled this loss with class ..fans , players and coaches ..they are a class bunch for sure ..these young men while I know they hurt .. stood tall and was proud of their play and the sportsmanship ... I being close to the Fulton team know that they have the utmost respect for KC ... great heart by the KC guys ... I know Falcons have few guys that may have shown off a bit and for that I apologize .. but again what a great bunch of classy players from Harrison on down .. if KC had won I would have followed them all the way to Murfreesboro ... Good Luck to allthose Seniors and whatever they decide to do in life ...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the replay of that game and Catholic did everything right in the 1st half but in the 2nd half it looked like they were playing not to lose than playing to win , IMO. Fulton did a great job of adjusting to the inside run that worked for Catholic in the 1 st half . Both are good teams and you hate to see someone lose but that's the way it goes. I believe that Fulton will win the 3A title .

It's a shame that either one of these teams had to lose. I have really enjoyed watching Catholic play these last few years and Harrison Smith good luck to you and the rest of the seniors.

I read on another thread that Catholic was leaving this region anyone know? Also heard that Austin East was trying to get in region 1 with Cater-Gibbs etc. Appreciate any info !!

First off I would like to say Catholic had a great team this year and that I believe Harrison Smith is the best player in the state and one of the best football players I have ever watched play. Second off, I believe that Catholic will have a strong team again next year and along with Fulton, Austin East, Kingston, and Anderson County, they make up the strongest region in 3A football in the state. Catholic showed great sportsmanship after the loss and I was very impressed with that. Cannot wait until 2007 when Fulton and Catholic square off again. So far in the 4 times they have played in the past 2 years have been great games to watch, with each team winning 2 and lossing 2, could be the beginning of a great rivalary for years to come. But for now Fulton bring that gold ball back to K-Town. So holla at cha boy.. ShaneC

It's a shame that either one of these teams had to lose. I have really enjoyed watching Catholic play these last few years and Harrison Smith good luck to you and the rest of the seniors.

I read on another thread that Catholic was leaving this region anyone know? Also heard that Austin East was trying to get in region 1 with Cater-Gibbs etc. Appreciate any info !!

Rumor has it that Gibbs and I think Seymour(forgive me if I am wrong) have to move up to 4-A because of enrollment. I being a parent of a Carter Hornet have heard (from the Rumor Mill so take it with a grain of salt) that we will be playing Austin East but have never been told that it was a Region game. Whether we do or don't it will be a learning experience for Carter that is exactly what they did when playing Fulton. Carter has great coaches and even greater players and from each game played whether it be a Region game or not Coaches instill in the players that they should learn something from each game. :D

Edited by dana112369

First off I would like to say Catholic had a great team this year and that I believe Harrison Smith is the best player in the state and one of the best football players I have ever watched play. Second off, I believe that Catholic will have a strong team again next year and along with Fulton, Austin East, Kingston, and Anderson County, they make up the strongest region in 3A football in the state. Catholic showed great sportsmanship after the loss and I was very impressed with that. Cannot wait until 2007 when Fulton and Catholic square off again. So far in the 4 times they have played in the past 2 years have been great games to watch, with each team winning 2 and lossing 2, could be the beginning of a great rivalary for years to come. But for now Fulton bring that gold ball back to K-Town. So holla at cha boy.. ShaneC

hey shanec dont leave out scott county :thumb:

Edited by shs66

Let me first say that this was a great game ... if Catholic could have a madea first down or two the gamw would have been over ... I dont know how many Catholic fans will read this afterwards but i want to say that they handled this loss with class ..fans , players and coaches ..they are a class bunch for sure ..these young men while I know they hurt .. stood tall and was proud of their play and the sportsmanship ... I being close to the Fulton team know that they have the utmost respect for KC ... great heart by the KC guys ... I know Falcons have few guys that may have shown off a bit and for that I apologize .. but again what a great bunch of classy players from Harrison on down .. if KC had won I would have followed them all the way to Murfreesboro ... Good Luck to allthose Seniors and whatever they decide to do in life ...

Tadvols, thanks for the post. I have particularly enjoyed watching the development of mutual respect that has grown between these two very fine teams over the last two years. Goofy fans and posters aside, the players at Fulton and Catholic have demonstrated a tremendous amount of respect for each other. It definitely showed up on the field and it is an fine example of what high school sports are supposed to be about. The Falcons got the best of the Irish the other night and, even though I wish the game had been about 30 or 45 seconds longer to see if Catholic could answer Fulton's last minute heroics, I and most Catholic fans are now pulling for the Falcons to bring the 3A title home to Knoxville where it belongs.

The Falcons are a great team that beat a great team. The best of luck to Fulton----until next year, of course! :thumb:

This is a little off the subject but I was just informed that Bearden just dropped Catholic and will not play them in week 0 next year!

Was Catholic scheduled to play Bearden next year and just now dropped them. The reason I ask is that Catholic and Smith Co. have played the last 2 years in week 0.

Now Smith Co. has dropped Catholic or vise-versa. B/c we LA will play Smith Co in week 0 next 2 yrs. to make room for Stone Memorial that will join region 2 next season.