Which 1a team will hurt the most next year because of lose of players

lvsupporter12

Any time a team has the ability to go out and get several transfers, they can have a great team, I'm not so sure its suppose to happen this way. Iknow of three teams who have pick up several good players over the last couple of seasons. I thought the Multiplier thing was supposed to make things more equal. It seems to me like its gotten even worse, a few certain schools are getting transfers ,more than ever before. They are not trying to hide it, they are actually proud. If I were Temple and I didn't get a bunch of transfers , I would forfeit to Trousdale . This feller takes this stuff serious. Don't blame him one bit.

I hope they don't think SP is gonna take it easy on them either ;) .

If Temple has 12 +/- transfers just coming in most if not all will have to sit out a year unless they are coming up from Jr High or moving in from elsewhere. (Silverdale had 6 or 7 transfers who sat out this year). Out of those 12 some will be players, a few will not. If they are coming in as Freshman they most likely won't be making an impact for a couple of years. There are also rumors about 1 or more of the returning players transfering to McCalllie or elsewhere. So with all that 2007 may be the year to schedule Temple for homecoming :lol:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they don't think SP is gonna take it easy on them either ;) .

If Temple has 12 +/- transfers just coming in most if not all will have to sit out a year unless they are coming up from Jr High or moving in from elsewhere. (Silverdale had 6 or 7 transfers who sat out this year). Out of those 12 some will be players, a few will not. If they are coming in as Freshman they most likely won't be making an impact for a couple of years. There are also rumors about 1 or more of the returning players transfering to McCalllie or elsewhere. So with all that 2007 may be the year to schedule Temple for homecoming :lol:

I think Temple may have stepped in DOO DOO

I hope they don't think SP is gonna take it easy on them either :lol: .

If Temple has 12 +/- transfers just coming in most if not all will have to sit out a year unless they are coming up from Jr High or moving in from elsewhere. (Silverdale had 6 or 7 transfers who sat out this year). Out of those 12 some will be players, a few will not. If they are coming in as Freshman they most likely won't be making an impact for a couple of years. There are also rumors about 1 or more of the returning players transfering to McCalllie or elsewhere. So with all that 2007 may be the year to schedule Temple for homecoming :thumb:

I dont care if they get recruited in the 5th grade. If a school, by whatever means, has 12 good athletes come in when they're young, works with them for another year, and then plays them the next year, THAT IS RECURITING. It makes no difference if they play the year they transfer. They could just do that every year and always have new talent avaliable next year.

I dont care if they get recruited in the 5th grade. If a school, by whatever means, has 12 good athletes come in when they're young, works with them for another year, and then plays them the next year, THAT IS RECURITING. It makes no difference if they play the year they transfer. They could just do that every year and always have new talent avaliable next year.

This is BulldawgDynasty's attempt at getting a thread closed......... :angry:

Not trying to get into recruting, the topic is 1A teams hurting because of player losses...just pointing out that if Temple has 12 transfers most probably won't help them next year so it will be Muffin city for them :thumb: Now 2008 may be a different story

Edited by zonepirate

We have had a 15% enrollment increase so far this year which equates to over 50 new students and the administration is already planning for another 50 more by fall of 2007. Mr. Eldridge was hired to help with this transition and it appears he is doing his job well. Families are coming to our school because of the excellence we offer in academics, fine arts and athletics and because they want a better environment for their kids to grow up in and around. They are tired of dealing with and worrying about gangs, drugs, sexual issues, etc. and want a safe and enriching environment for their kids to learn in and are willing to sacrifice to provide that for them. Our school has a rich history of excellence and with the new adminstration at the helm, including the Development Director, who is new and finding his way, we are looking forward to the future. It is a proven fact that when subjected to positive environment people perform better.

So when he is "misquoted" that 12 people may transfer in next year, he is actually being kind. Yes, misquoted. Has that ever happened before? the media misquoting :ph34r: And by the way, these people aren't all transfering in to play sports but at the rate we are expanding and growing....who knows? I personally think you all make this recruiting issue a lot bigger than it is. I've always thought that there would be no comparison when a public school has access to 300-600 students in grades 10-12 to I would like to think that one could find 15-25 good football athletes in that number year after year whereas us private schools have to struggle to field teams and our seasons are always based on athletes staying uninjured. Even if we did "recruit", it shouldn't make a difference. The sheer numbers and system that public schools offer should win out everytime as proven by the very successful and long standing winning programs of SP and Trousdale. By the way, we don't offer scholarships unlike those in D2, so what incentive does a family have to come to our school other than the reasons I mentioned earlier? There is no guarantee of a winning athletic program and the family that makes a decision to go to a school based on that decision alone is making a mistake and a shallow decision in the long run.

Let's keep this thread going so let's watch what is said about the misquoted article regarding Mr. Eldridge and stay on track with what this thread is about and not turn this into a "Eldridge trashing" thread. Haven't you guys beaten this "dead horse" long enough? We, yes, I am a parent at Temple, are going to keep moving forward and plugging away just like we always have done and pray that God continues to bless our school and protect our students. Right now, it looks like a tough road ahead in the football department.

This is BulldawgDynasty's attempt at getting a thread closed......... :ph34r:

Yes i secretly begrudged this thread and hoped to systematically get it closed...Whaaa haaa haaa. (sarcasm for those who didn't catch it) I think mine was the 10th statement made about the subject matter, so no I did not make an attempt to get this thread shut down.

We have had a 15% enrollment increase so far this year which equates to over 50 new students and the administration is already planning for another 50 more by fall of 2007. Mr. Eldridge was hired to help with this transition and it appears he is doing his job well. Families are coming to our school because of the excellence we offer in academics, fine arts and athletics and because they want a better environment for their kids to grow up in and around. They are tired of dealing with and worrying about gangs, drugs, sexual issues, etc. and want a safe and enriching environment for their kids to learn in and are willing to sacrifice to provide that for them. Our school has a rich history of excellence and with the new adminstration at the helm, including the Development Director, who is new and finding his way, we are looking forward to the future. It is a proven fact that when subjected to positive environment people perform better.

So when he is "misquoted" that 12 people may transfer in next year, he is actually being kind. Yes, misquoted. Has that ever happened before? the media misquoting :thumb: And by the way, these people aren't all transfering in to play sports but at the rate we are expanding and growing....who knows? I personally think you all make this recruiting issue a lot bigger than it is. I've always thought that there would be no comparison when a public school has access to 300-600 students in grades 10-12 to I would like to think that one could find 15-25 good football athletes in that number year after year whereas us private schools have to struggle to field teams and our seasons are always based on athletes staying uninjured. Even if we did "recruit", it shouldn't make a difference. The sheer numbers and system that public schools offer should win out everytime as proven by the very successful and long standing winning programs of SP and Trousdale. By the way, we don't offer scholarships unlike those in D2, so what incentive does a family have to come to our school other than the reasons I mentioned earlier? There is no guarantee of a winning athletic program and the family that makes a decision to go to a school based on that decision alone is making a mistake and a shallow decision in the long run.

Let's keep this thread going so let's watch what is said about the misquoted article regarding Mr. Eldridge and stay on track with what this thread is about and not turn this into a "Eldridge trashing" thread. Haven't you guys beaten this "dead horse" long enough? We, yes, I am a parent at Temple, are going to keep moving forward and plugging away just like we always have done and pray that God continues to bless our school and protect our students. Right now, it looks like a tough road ahead in the football department.

I believe that this IS Mr. Eldridge. :D