Thanks

TheGreatLineJudge

We're nearly a month removed from the state tournament now. I'm a bit past due, but I've been busy :lol:.

Thank you to everyone who participated on the volleyball forums this season. We had a lot of good discussions, a few crazy ones, and hopefully, some new folks have been turned on to our beloved sport. It was a long season for me, personally, but I really enjoyed getting out and going to as many places as I did.

There were several changes this year - new rules, new coaches, retiring coaches, etc. There are going to be some dramatic changes in the mid-state before next season. But, the best interests of our sport will be served and, hopefully, the best is yet to come.

I enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time this season and seeing others on return trip. I hope to continue to see the same good folks at matches and tournaments in the years to come. Volleyball is a relatively small community, but there are a lot of good people out there. I'm honored to call some of you my friend.

Thanks to all, again, for posting. If you know someone who is interested in officiating, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. We continue to need officials who know the game; without knowledgeable people, the officiating quality will never improve.

I'll be seeing some of you in the off-season. Otherwise, we'll be seeing you in August. The best is yet to come!

TGLJ

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

• 2 weeks later...

Before you go, Ha, a question has come up on filming and videotaping that does not seem to be in the TSSAA rules for volleyball but is in the Basketball. What regulations for taping and videotaping matches are there in volleyball? What about at Tournaments? Where is this found?

If a school can do it ( which they can), can the school they are playing do it also at the same time?(Yes) Can someone who is filming to make a profit or to resell be allowed to film?

Edited by PHargis

Before you go, Ha, a question has come up on filming and videotaping that does not seem to be in the TSSAA rules for volleyball but is in the Basketball. What regulations for taping and videotaping matches are there in volleyball? What about at Tournaments? Where is this found?

If a school can do it ( which they can), can the school they are playing do it also at the same time?(Yes) Can someone who is filming to make a profit or to resell be allowed to film?

Just curious, what are the rules for basketball concerning this?

BTW, good question.

a question has come up on filming and videotaping that does not seem to be in the TSSAA rules for volleyball but is in the Basketball. What regulations for taping and videotaping matches are there in volleyball? What about at Tournaments? Where is this found?

VIDEO CAMERAS - Video taping or filming is permitted as long as the taping or filming is for private use or use by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. Video taping or filming must be done from the individual's seat. Individuals will not be allowed to use tripods. A school taping or filming its own game may use a tripod. A school will not be allowed to tape or film a game unless its team is involved in the game. All taping or filming by a school may be approved by the local Game Director, and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, from which to tape or film.

I found this at: Girls Volleyball Instructions

Hope that helps.

Nice find,KCdaddy, on the guidelines for the State tournament. As far as regular season play and tournaments, I'd check with the folks hosting the tournament. There's nothing in the rulebook or casebook about video taping, so for officiating purposes, nothing is there. I don't think anyone will ever mind a person filming for personal use.

I'm not sure they could stop you from filming for profit, but have fun marketing that one! :)

P.S. If you decide to do that or know someone who is, the Nashville officials may be interested. E-mail me if so. We've talked about making our own training video/still photographs.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

Announcements