Maryville Parking

extremefury

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the parking around the Maryville Stadium. Any suggestions, I'm sure it will be a packed house for the game Friday?

There are several places to park. If you get there early park in the school parking lots which are south of the school. You can also park in the marked spaces on the street in the neighborhood around the school. If it is really crowded you could park at Sam Houston Elementary which is south of the high school between Melrose and Cunningham Streets. Davis Drive also dead ends at a parking lot at Sam Houston. I have never seen it that croweded where too many people park that far away, but there is plenty of free parking there. If it is that crowed just drop your crew off at the stadium and then let one person hike. Just a note: When you are facing the front of the school (Lawrence Ave. side) walk around the school to the left and you will come right to the visitor's gate on Cedar Street. (Last year I started around Mo-East the wrong way and never thought that I would get to the stadium.)

You can pay to park at New Providence Presbyterian Church (big stone building) 703 West Broadway Avenue Maryville, Tennessee. They are located right across broadway from the practice field and there is a gate on Broadway. This is easy to pull into off of US 321 (Lamar Alexander Pky.)

There is plenty of parking at the City of Maryville Municipal Building which is located SE corner of 321/Broadway. This is a short hike but there are plenty of spaces. Be careful crossing 321.

Be careful parking in the shops on Broadway west of the stadium. They have made announcements during past games for people to move their cars per the shop owners (flower shop). Miller Funeral home should be ok to park in if they are not conducting business this Friday. If it is lit up I would check first.

This might be too much info, I always get there early enough to park at the school. For the WB game we were running late and parked on Mtn. View which isn't too far to walk.

Another good thing about MHS is, you can pretty much carry in as much food as you want. Just don't bring sticks for your flags or laser pointers or.... there is a list at the gate.

There are several places to park. If you get there early park in the school parking lots which are south of the school. You can also park in the marked spaces on the street in the neighborhood around the school. If it is really crowded you could park at Sam Houston Elementary which is south of the high school between Melrose and Cunningham Streets. Davis Drive also dead ends at a parking lot at Sam Houston. I have never seen it that croweded where too many people park that far away, but there is plenty of free parking there. If it is that crowed just drop your crew off at the stadium and then let one person hike. Just a note: When you are facing the front of the school (Lawrence Ave. side) walk around the school to the left and you will come right to the visitor's gate on Cedar Street. (Last year I started around Mo-East the wrong way and never thought that I would get to the stadium.)

You can pay to park at New Providence Presbyterian Church (big stone building) 703 West Broadway Avenue Maryville, Tennessee. They are located right across broadway from the practice field and there is a gate on Broadway. This is easy to pull into off of US 321 (Lamar Alexander Pky.)

There is plenty of parking at the City of Maryville Municipal Building which is located SE corner of 321/Broadway. This is a short hike but there are plenty of spaces. Be careful crossing 321.

Be careful parking in the shops on Broadway west of the stadium. They have made announcements during past games for people to move their cars per the shop owners (flower shop). Miller Funeral home should be ok to park in if they are not conducting business this Friday. If it is lit up I would check first.

This might be too much info, I always get there early enough to park at the school. For the WB game we were running late and parked on Mtn. View which isn't too far to walk.

Another good thing about MHS is, you can pretty much carry in as much food as you want. Just don't bring sticks for your flags or laser pointers or.... there is a list at the gate.

Thanks for the update. Would you or someone from Maryville be able to provide a list of what is allowed and/or not allowed into the stadium? I'd appreciate it and would be happy to provide it to the folks in Morristown to prevent any delays at the gates and/or issues trying to enter.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update. Would you or someone from Maryville be able to provide a list of what is allowed and/or not allowed into the stadium? I'd appreciate it and would be happy to provide it to the folks in Morristown to prevent any delays at the gates and/or issues trying to enter.

Thanks!

No flags on poles, no lazer pointers, no air horns, no artifical noise makers and no hand held signs. The band can have flags on poles.

The Mairvul administration will let you watch the gaim fer $7.00 and allow an occasional polite little golf clap every now and then.

Anything more than that, will get sum of thair panties in a twist.

Anothur note: Any Tennessee fans plannin' on wearin' thair Volunteer coonskin caps to tha gaim at Mairvul, bettur leeve them at home. If not, sumone might rite into the Mairvul Misprint 'bout seein' one at a Mairvul gaim. Adhear to these rules and everyone should bee o.k. Well Maybe...... :D

Edited by STARSNBARS

Last time I went to Maryville I was charged $5 by someguy to park in his driveway. He was a pretty cool guy, I am fine with with a little entrepreneurship. PS throw all trash including bottles in the proper dispoal barrels and ask your band to only play before and after the game as well as halftime.

Edited by goldenbird

Last time I went to Maryville I was charged $5 by someguy to park in his driveway. He was a pretty cool guy, I am fine with with a little entrepreneurship. PS throw all trash including bottles in the proper dispoal barrels and ask your band to only play before and after the game as well as halftime.

We just weren't used to the Region 4 tradition of playing while the other team had the ball. Now that we know your customs we are more accepting. I don't know if Region 2 has this same tradition. I think the bottle was aimed at a trash receptacle. The thrower just had a littel too much on it.

Now about paying to park. With tickets being $7 dollars each and me having a house full of little Rebels. I'll just walk a little farther.

Are you coming back up here for this game 'Bird?

We just weren't used to the Region 4 tradition of playing while the other team had the ball. Now that we know your customs we are more accepting. I don't know if Region 2 has this same tradition. I think the bottle was aimed at a trash receptacle. The thrower just had a littel too much on it.

Now about paying to park. With tickets being $7 dollars each and me having a house full of little Rebels. I'll just walk a little farther.

Are you coming back up here for this game 'Bird?

Going to try but I am supposed to have plans..... I will try and bring my golden lesiure suit, I figure since you guys have taken the golden birds to the wood shed once I should be safe!

The Mairvul administration will let you watch the gaim fer $7.00 and allow an occasional polite little golf clap every now and then.

Anything more than that, will get sum of thair panties in a twist.

Anothur note: Any Tennessee fans plannin' on wearin' thair Volunteer coonskin caps to tha gaim at Mairvul, bettur leeve them at home. If not, sumone might rite into the Mairvul Misprint 'bout seein' one at a Mairvul gaim. Adhear to these rules and everyone should bee o.k. Well Maybe...... :unsure:

ha that made me laugh....all of that...