State Championships

h2odog

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...it was a "team championship" ...managers, injured players, etc....they all deserve a ring if anyone does!

Sad situation. Every girl who practiced and helped the team become state champions should be rewarded with a ring. To deprive the kids of a lifetime memory seems pretty cold hearted. Someone is surely not thinking the situation through carefully.

If the players parents are paying for the rings, then why would a single player be left out, managers, everyone. If the school is paying for them, then of course its up to the school. All players were offered the option of getting a state ring at Father Ryan for the volleyball state title, of course the parents have to pay for them. Hope everything works out. A true team would include everyone who in some way contributed to the team and that is usually every single person involved with the particular program. :thumb:

I will go with everyone else on this issue. Everybody should get a ring that played throughout the season, especially the ones that were injured and could not attend. If it is not a question of money, this is the only appropriate thing to do.

The reaction the girls are having is natural, but from my experience, over time their feelings might change. One of my players was left off the varsity squad for the state tournament due to injury and had the same reaction. He did not recieve a ring and felt left out. Odds are he would not have seen the field over the weekend anyway, but still wanted to be a part of it. He did end up playing the following year and is going to finish his senior year this spring.

Hopefully the powers that be will come up with the right solution.

I would like thank each and everyone of those who replied to my question above. If you ever want answers and are not affraid of a few tossed in opinions, post it on CoachT. Your replys gave me the courage to advise the school of how the soccer world feels about high school soccer and how the girls should be treated as a team.

In an assembly today, it was announced that all the girls who had not been fitted for their State Championship rings stay after and they would be measured. That's the entire team, as it should be. Those of you who took the time to address my post have made 10 girls very, very happy and re-energized their enthusiam for next season. While I am sure there were many factors that entered in to the change of plans for only part of the team being honored, it's hard to argue with facts from coaches and concerned parents that you were willing to share. Thanks again and as soon as I can figure out the procedure, I will be a Plus Member. :D:D:D:thumb:

I would like thank each and everyone of those who replied to my question above. If you ever want answers and are not affraid of a few tossed in opinions, post it on CoachT. Your replys gave me the courage to advise the school of how the soccer world feels about high school soccer and how the girls should be treated as a team.

In an assembly today, it was announced that all the girls who had not been fitted for their State Championship rings stay after and they would be measured. That's the entire team, as it should be. Those of you who took the time to address my post have made 10 girls very, very happy and re-energized their enthusiam for next season. While I am sure there were many factors that entered in to the change of plans for only part of the team being honored, it's hard to argue with facts from coaches and concerned parents that you were willing to share. Thanks again and as soon as I can figure out the procedure, I will be a Plus Member. :D:D:D:thumb:

Great! All the best to all the kids!

For once we have used our powers for good! So glad that things worked out. While we just posted our opinions, you had the guts to face the administration, and they had the hearts to listen.

To become a plus member (which HOYA needs to do, as well!) click on "My controls" then on the left onto "Purchase paid subscriptions"... then just follow the directions. If you have any difficulty, please let me know.

Once again, congrats!

In an assembly today, it was announced that all the girls who had not been fitted for their State Championship rings stay after and they would be measured. That's the entire team, as it should be. Those of you who took the time to address my post have made 10 girls very, very happy and re-energized their enthusiam for next season. While I am sure there were many factors that entered in to the change of plans for only part of the team being honored, it's hard to argue with facts from coaches and concerned parents that you were willing to share. Thanks again and as soon as I can figure out the procedure, I will be a Plus Member. :):):D:thumb:

Congrats to you and the girls and kudos to the school for doing the right thing!

I have a question. Is the answer to this that all J. V. players at a school that wins State get rings also ?

I think it depends on how your school runs your JV program. Ours at CAK is a totally seperate program, while Bearden takes everyone everywhere. My personal opinion was stated above... if a player is listed on the varsity roster at any time during the season, I think they should reap the rewards.

I think it depends on how your school runs your JV program. Ours at CAK is a totally seperate program, while Bearden takes everyone everywhere. My personal opinion was stated above... if a player is listed on the varsity roster at any time during the season, I think they should reap the rewards.

Big G , thats cool but what if your brought up for a couple games so you can get playing time in a varsity game because the team your playing isn't as skilled and you don't want to run the score up?