UNAKA

superman 23

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i see it seems to me that they need to play harder. i heard the unicoi game was good... much better than any other game this year. that was a big win. what they need to know is they better bring that every night no matter what. the conference starts soon.... better get it in gear.

unaka has some major problems right now. i heard point guard quit and backup got hurt. moving two freshman up. and to think only three seasons ago they won the state and went back to the state the next year.

some of the boys said at the weight lifting event they hated playing on this team. is this true?

No. the back-up from last year quit before the season, and this years back-up had surgury the other day. When did you talk to anyone on the team. I just can't see them being at a weight-lifting event :ph34r:

Its better to be silent and be thought a fool, Than to speak and remove all doubt.

You can tell your from Hampton LOL! That come back dosen't work there. I haven't made myself a fool. What I said is common knowledge to anyone in Carter County...

And now back on topic; Unaka won tonight by about 13 at Mitchell County, NC. Jordan Lewis had at least 20. Hunter Taylor played well tonight also.

Edited by Rangerbook06

So last night they weren't playing hard. In your opinion what was lacking?

They were playing hard but they havent found that grit inside them that everyone knows they have and the teams in the past have had but its early in the season and who am i to say anything. Jon Grindstaff(the point guard) did not quit he was kicked out of the gym because he was going hard and playing defense. Highschool basketball is all teams getting hot. A team doesnt have to be great all season as long as they bring their A game come tourney time. Heck look at Cloudland last year, who in the world would have guessed that.

They were playing hard but they havent found that grit inside them that everyone knows they have and the teams in the past have had but its early in the season and who am i to say anything. Jon Grindstaff(the point guard) did not quit he was kicked out of the gym because he was going hard and playing defense. Highschool basketball is all teams getting hot. A team doesnt have to be great all season as long as they bring their A game come tourney time. Heck look at Cloudland last year, who in the world would have guessed that.

They played well inside tonight.

Maybe now we'll have everyone playing. Lewis finally makes his debut and Grindstaff is suspensed for the game. Taylor played tough down low last night and its about time. Roper is just being Roper and Lewis show everyone what he's capable of. Now if they can just put it all together it might turn out to be a long run for the Rangers. Big game tuesday night at home against University High. I believe they will be ready.

Maybe now we'll have everyone playing. Lewis finally makes his debut and Grindstaff is suspensed for the game. Taylor played tough down low last night and its about time. Roper is just being Roper and Lewis show everyone what he's capable of. Now if they can just put it all together it might turn out to be a long run for the Rangers. Big game tuesday night at home against University High. I believe they will be ready.

I don't know if Hunter played the best game of his life (he did play very well AFTER the first 10 or so minutes though,) but having Lewis down there in the post playing a good game helped Hunter because he was able to loosen up a little and play HIS game. (those little jumpers from the 10-12 foot range realy improves his game.) He didn't have to play with the pressure of being the lone post player...

Edited by Rangerbook06