Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

I don't post much, but I believe I should get my opinion in here. I am not defending the actions of the players at the end of the game because I don't believe that they should have gone to the opposing sideline in the first place. That being said, the taunting during the game is not an issue here. The taunting during warm-ups by the "Raptor Nation" was what ultimately led to the actions at the end of the game. Even on the opposite side of the stands, with the music blaring, I could hear most of the nasty comments and chants coming for the RHS student section. That is all well and good, but if the students for Ravenwood can dish it out, they should be able to take it as well. Ravenwood players and coaches were very classy. The Ravenwood students, however, were anything but respectful the entire game. Congratulation to the Raptors for back to back trips to the Blue Cross bowl and for their silver ball. Go DAWGS!!! Great job guys.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for my oversight, and offending you by grouping you as a Ravenwood fan. Sorry if I hit a nerve, little sensitive aren't you. Hope your team won...feel better now?

You still failed to answer my question. Where was the taunting. Nevermind what was said on hear. From where you were at in the Smyrna stands, what taunting did you see or hear from the Ravenwood fans?

Ravenwood players and coaches were very classy. The Ravenwood students, however, were anything but respectful the entire game.

Thanks for complimenting our coaches and players. Both Smyrna and Ravenwood fans did say some wrongs things. I admit it. If you think our "Kill, kill, kill!" chant is offensive, I apologize, though we've been using that chant since the beginning, no other teams seem too offended. Although, when I was walking to the stadium someone told me, "Go home!" and walking back to my car a bunch of Smyrna teenagers informed me that, "Ravenwood f***ing stinks," I'm not really too upset about the Smyrna fans. Fans are fans. The school can't control what they do or say except while they are at school. The thing that disappoints me was the actions of the Smyrna football players.

Well, that's the last thing, I'm going to post for awhile. Doesn't look like any Smyrna fans are going to be apologizing for their players' actions any time soon.

Edited by RHSRaptor08

You still failed to answer my question. Where was the taunting. Nevermind what was said on hear. From where you were at in the Smyrna stands, what taunting did you see or hear from the Ravenwood fans?

Now you are idiotic, do you want row and seat numbers too? How bout I tell you what they were wearing too. Even Ravenwood admits there was taunting.

Now you are idiotic, do you want row and seat numbers too? How bout I tell you what they were wearing too. Even Ravenwood admits there was taunting.

Just what I thought. You cannot answer my question, so you just say I'm idiotic. Like I said, nevermind what was said on hear. I want to know what you saw or heard at the game. You were at the game right?

This is coming from an unbiased fan who could care less about either of these teams. As many have pointed out you can not control what fans do, if Ravenwood fans or Smyrna fans are making fools of themselves then that is there problem. Football players are different though. Like someone said earlier, you are representing your school, coaches, and community. For the minority of Smyrna football players who actied immaturely, you forgot that you were representing these people, and you were in the wrong. If Ravenwood had done the same thing I am sure that angry calls would be going out against them also. Congratulations to Smyrna on a great run this year. The same goes to Ravenwood as they had a very good season also.

Just what I thought. You cannot answer my question, so you just say I'm idiotic. Like I said, nevermind what was said on hear. I want to know what you saw or heard at the game. You were at the game right?

Ticket number 008639

I'll end by saying Congrats to the SMYRNA FOOTBALL TEAM! SMYRNA IS PROUD!

This is coming from an unbiased fan who could care less about either of these teams. As many have pointed out you can not control what fans do, if Ravenwood fans or Smyrna fans are making fools of themselves then that is there problem. Football players are different though. Like someone said earlier, you are representing your school, coaches, and community. For the minority of Smyrna football players who actied immaturely, you forgot that you were representing these people, and you were in the wrong. If Ravenwood had done the same thing I am sure that angry calls would be going out against them also. Congratulations to Smyrna on a great run this year. The same goes to Ravenwood as they had a very good season also.

I was at the game and yes that did happen!!! I can even confirm with my own eyes that there was one player that made an obscene gesture to our fans and students along with all the other taunting from about half of their team right on our sideline. In defense of the Smyrna coaching staff once they realized what their players were doing they ran over in disbelief to try and stop it. Now I will give props when props are due and yes Smyrna put a whipping on us in the second half. But please explain to me why those kids had to embarrass their parents and coaches like that because that is who really should be mad. I don’t understand why the Smyrna players came running over to our sideline instead of going over to their fans and soaking up their win. Let's face it their 17 yr. old kids they don't know squat about squat. But if I had knowledge of my son doing something like that I can promise you one thing he and I would probably have to take a trip out behind the wood shed after he made it back home last night. I would probably even make him be man enough to get on this thread and publicly apologize. I will congratulate Smyrna on there victory but I think unfortunately the coaching staff should make a public apology in the Tennessean and on this thread for what their players did last night even though they had absolutely no control over it. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that agrees or disagrees with my comments.

I was at the game and yes that did happen!!! I can even confirm with my own eyes that there was one player that made an obscene gesture to our fans and students along with all the other taunting from about half of their team right on our sideline. In defense of the Smyrna coaching staff once they realized what their players were doing they ran over in disbelief to try and stop it. Now I will give props when props are due and yes Smyrna put a whipping on us in the second half. But please explain to me why those kids had to embarrass their parents and coaches like that because that is who really should be mad. I don’t understand why the Smyrna players came running over to our sideline instead of going over to their fans and soaking up their win. Let's face it their 17 yr. old kids they don't know squat about squat. But if I had knowledge of my son doing something like that I can promise you one thing he and I would probably have to take a trip out behind the wood shed after he made it back home last night. I would probably even make him be man enough to get on this thread and publicly apologize. I will congratulate Smyrna on there victory but I think unfortunately the coaching staff should make a public apology in the Tennessean and on this thread for what their players did last night even though they had absolutely no control over it. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that agrees or disagrees with my comments.

The kind of kids that would do that were taught that by their parents. Or "mentors" most likely.

no one from smyrna is embarassed by anything our state champions did period

So now ravenwood folks move on you may not realize this no one died and made you king

no one from smyrna owes that arrogant bunch of cry babies anything much less an apology

as I said earlier you can dish it out but you can't take it