Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton over Pearl Cohn 26-12! David Lipscomb over Dyersburg 42-10! That being said this is my pre-game analysis!

Fulton has just proven they can stop the pass, we all know they can stop the run. Fulton's D is very solid and may prove to be too much for DL and their high scoring offense.

Fulton- 30

David Lipscomb- 14

hey guys i think that lipscomb is going to lose

oHey everyone im here to school you all on the Lipscomb Fulton game! It will be a hard faught battle between both squads! But the boys in the Purple HELMETS are comin to the burro and gonna role go MUSTANGS!!

Nasty.

Hard fought battle or DL rolls? Not picking @ you, just interested in which......and if you have some info, why?

Thanx

Lol im not sure. Pretty good question though...

what happened to all the lipscomb people?

I know it. Will the real slim shady...or I mean DL posters please stand up, please stand up?

I'm not sure about all this slim shady business, but I'm from Lipscomb and choose to keep my seat while I post this.

As a former Mustang, I would like to extend my congratulations to the coaching staff and players on their accomplishments so far. The great memories of this last week together, win or lose, will be cherished for a long time. Speaking of win or lose, as a player on the '02 and '03 State Championship and Runner-Up teams, respectively, I experienced both sides of the spectrum. Regardless of what happens on Saturday, be proud of what you have done and your contributions to the program because you have carried on the Mustang Tradition with great class. When we played as Seniors, we knew every week to look in the endzone for Matt and his cowboy hat, Ben and Connor being Ben and Connor, and even had Dale on the sideline with us. Now, its our turn to travel to the Boro and watch you guys shine on the big stage of high school football. Don't waste a snap and go get the ring that you have worked for.

A side note, the Mustang Radio Crew deserves a thank you for their hardwork over the last few years. While they might criticize play calling occasionally, we appreciate them being "the homer, biased" crew that loves Mustang football.

2Aguru decides to unveil the softer side of CoachT. What he said is true and I think can be voiced to some extent from people on both sides of this matchup. It is good to see a post like that on here. However, if you're the guru of 2A, you're out of your jurisdiction. Keep moving. Nothing personal, I just couldn't keep the peace and love tone throughout an entire post... It's against my nature.

Here's my prediction on this one:

David Lipscomb: 21

Fulton: 14

Both of these defenses are very good and have some tremendous talent on the field. Fulton's two big tackles (Higgins & Hamilton) will be a force and limit the Mustangs offense when they try to run the trap repeatedly. The Falcons speed on defense isn't going to allow Lipscomb very many big plays on the sweep. With that having been said I do see the Mustangs getting two scores (probably one on a long drive and one set up on a short field by their defense) the old fashion way and the other score will come on a long pass from Hunt to Rogers. Lehning will convert on all of his PAT attempts. Fulton's Dennis Rogan will be contained BUT NEVER SHUT DOWN!!!! With that said I do see him busting one TD run in this game. Outside of that they'll allow him to 3-4 yard them to death just as long as he doesn't bust off a big one (like he did a few times last week in the win at Pearl-Cohn). The other score will come from Dennis Freeney, who is a great talent, either by a kick return or a TD reception from Stinson. The Falcons will convert just 1/2 of their 2-POINT ATTEMPTS.

There is this one in a nutshell folks :thumb:

I guess that you can't get over that David Lipscomb owns a 5-1 record over your beloved Smith County Owls. You're almost 30 years old and you really need to get over your bitterness toward the Lipscomb program. Most people age gracefully and mellow over time. I'm sure the folks in Carthage are very proud of your posts here on Coach T.

That is because people like glover and Antwan are just losers that have nothing better to do than get on here and start a bunch of B.S. with others and they can't say anything positive to a school that beats the brakes off of their beloved boys :thumb: Now with that said I hope that everyone in the city of Carthage hates me because I pretty much hit the nail on the head about their team this year. I told them that Westmoreland would win the region AND THEY DID!!! On my Class 2A playoff prediction I had Smith beating Westmoreland then getting hammered by Alcoa AND IT HAPPENED!!!!

Now I know one of them will respond with something NOT VERY SMART about either Sycamore High School OR Cheatham County Central High School. Go right ahead and do it because over in these neck of the woods we know how to WIN & LOSE WITH RESPECT TOWARDS THE OPPOSITION!!!! We don't go out and call people "cheaters" or anything else that's an excuse for just being worse than the opposition.

Good Luck David Lipscomb and to coach5 I'll have you know right away that I'LL BE THE MUSTANGS #1 FAN ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON ;)

I don't know about everyone else, but the word that jumps out at me is "classy". Lipscomb just goes out and takes care of their business on the football field, and even opposing fans admire that in a program at the end of the day, even if you've spent 4 quarters pulling for your team to knock them off.

Exactly the words I would use describing Entire DAVID LIPSCOMB football team,coaches,fans !!I truthfully dont know if they played their Game of the Year last week against DHS TROJANS ,but were very Impressive to say the least ;) Should be a good one with FULTON having a size advantage and a passing game DL has not faced before mixed with the running of Rogan. Positive note is DL is more Disciplined with TEAM PLAY==Excusation,Excusation,Excusation!!. MUSTANGS Get PUMPED We"re Pulling For Yall From West Tennessee ! ! :thumb:

While I am normally the cheerleader for positivity and all players going injury free... yada yada yada... I must say I have to give some strong motivation to the Mustangs on this post. You are very outmatched size-wize on the line... they've got Rogen, etc... All I can say is...remember those years in 5th and 6th grade when you were busting your tails to get game time with the Colts??? Bring that intensity to this game!!! I truthfully think this game could be the best game of the Blue Cross bowl. Two teams that have not faced each other... two teams with seniors that WANT THAT RING!!! Mustangs... keep that discipline (no stupid penalties). Kyle - make EVERY extra point and field goal. Offensive line... you may be smaller...but you've been playing together since you were kids... use that teamwork to your advantage. Defense.. make losing that Calvin Klein (pretty boy) model physique during high school for the extra weight WORTH IT!!! You know what I am talking about:-) GO MUSTANGS!!! We've had to suffer three weeks without our basketball players that also play football...WIN THIS GAME!!!! (I can't help it... no injuries to either team, and safe trips for families, friends, and fans)