Details on Ooltewah/Smyrna

etcoach

you are looking for something that would be like the cliff notes to moby dick you know like

a whale bites a mans leg off and he can never get over it

so here we go

ooltewah good moved the ball in the air

smyrna good moved the ball air and land

both made big plays

smyrna made one more

you are looking for something that would be like the cliff notes to moby dick you know like

so here we go

both made big plays

smyrna made one more

maybe a little more??? Like did someone score at the end or what?

so here we go

both made big plays

smyrna made one more

Excellent atmospehere Friday night. I know that Sonny and Rod get all the press for Smyrna, but there is no doubt in my mind that Croach is the most valuable player on the team.

Hey ET! This was a great game. Back and forth. Jeremy Woods threw for over 400 yards! They were slowing Marshall down on the ground so we started throwing the screen to him and he put on a show. He had almost 200yards total offense. Their quarterback is the REAL DEAL. He has a cannon for an arm. Their runningbacks were fast and their defense tough. It was a war. It was fourth and goal with almost no time left and if our reciever catches the ball we win. Their player made a great play on the ball and knocked it down. Bulldogs win. One of those nailbiters. The Smyrna fans were great. There are still some good articles and recaps of the game Coacht. Hey sorry to change the subject but how is the Walker kid? I hope he is recovering well. I saw the film and that is one of those injuries that makes you sick. My prayers are with him. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Say hi to Govman for me. Can't wait for next year :lol:

#5 for Smyrna caught 3 touchdown passes and had a 18 yard run on a second half fake punt. He was definately a playmaker. Their recievers outplayed our secondary, he beat three different corners on the 3 TD's. Ooltewah receivers dropped at least 6 passes during the game, which was very unusual. a couple were at cruial times. First half score was 21-14 Smryna. Ooltewah's defense did a better job stopping Smyrna in the second half. Their only second half score was on the drive that was kept alive by the fake punt. Ooltewah had apparent TD pass stopped in the second half when #14 was tackled at the goal line by a Smyrna defender, fumbled the ball thru the endzone resulting in a touchback. I have not seen the film, some think he was in the endzone, before the fumble, I am not sure. The Owls also turned the ball over on downs inside the Smyrna 25 in the second half. Ooltewah scored their last TD late in the 4th, Smyrna recovered the onside kick, fumbled on their 2nd play. Ooltewah drove to the Smyrna 30. Last four plays, don't remember what happened on 1st down, 2nd down, QB slipped down rolling away from pressure, had to use last timeout, (probably out of FG range) 3rd down QB got sacked by a blitzing #45, can't believe he didn't fumble, 4th down pass broken up at the goal line, Game over. Smyrna was the best team Ooltewah had played all year IMO. Exciting game to watch, terrible ending to a great season for the Owls. I am very proud of their effort they never quit, played hard to the very end, they just came up a little short on the scoreboard. Good Luck to Smyrna go win it all. :rolleyes:

Edited by cooterhooter

Hey ET! This was a great game. Back and forth. Jeremy Woods threw for over 400 yards! They were slowing Marshall down on the ground so we started throwing the screen to him and he put on a show. He had almost 200yards total offense. Their quarterback is the REAL DEAL. He has a cannon for an arm. Their runningbacks were fast and their defense tough. It was a war. It was fourth and goal with almost no time left and if our reciever catches the ball we win. Their player made a great play on the ball and knocked it down. Bulldogs win. One of those nailbiters. The Smyrna fans were great. There are still some good articles and recaps of the game Coacht. Hey sorry to change the subject but how is the Walker kid? I hope he is recovering well. I saw the film and that is one of those injuries that makes you sick. My prayers are with him. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Say hi to Govman for me. Can't wait for next year :blink:

He has not been in school since the week before last. He has been in a wheelchair riding around.

He has not been in school since the week before last. He has been in a wheelchair riding around.

Found out today he has been placed on homebound for the rest of the semester as I have him in Alg/Trig. He just could not maneuver around this overcrowded school in his wheelchair so he will finish the semester at home.

Best Game I've Ever Been To In My Life....It's A Shame Ooltewah's Season Had To End They Were One Of The Best Teams I've Ever Seen And The QB Definatly Lived Up To The Hype...Has He Signed Anywhere? He Should He's Freaking Amazing

He is unsigned, not sure how much interest he is getting and from which schools. B.J Coleman from McCallie has gotten most of the publicity in the Chattanooga area. Don't get me wrong BJ is a fine QB and I am glad he is committed to Tennessee, but Jeremy is not to far behind him. BJ has started at the varsity level for three seasons. I agree Jeremy should get a chance to play at the next level. The amazing part he had not seen any significant game time prior to this season at QB. He led our freshman team to a Region 2 5A championship defeating Oak Ridge in the Championship game three years ago. This past season was the first time Ooltewah played a JV schedule, so he had zero JV time at QB. He did great job considering his preivious game experience. He will probably be the ace of the Ooltewah baseball team this spring, and should get an opportunity to pitch at the next level also. Following his dad's foot steps at UT Chattanooga is a thought. Maybe Coach Allison has been watching, Who Knows. :thumb: