I Believe...

CoachGonyeaSHS

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B/c the graphics were TOO big, and the discussion immature. The racial remarks were uncalled for and against the rules. Get a clue.....one locked, 2nd deleted, this one is ready for the Coacht graveyard. Follow the rules of the board. SIMPLE. Football forum.......discuss FOOTBALL>

Edited by 2priceless

Well as a current student at SHS i start to wonder do we really believe, because this is like the first time the football team has made it to state and of course the papers are making a big deal out of it but what about the students surlly their must be some loyalty to the school but where I dont see any around the school no posters telling students to support our team of course there is the ocasional annousment to tell where the game will be held but where is the school spirit

Well as a current student at SHS i start to wonder do we really believe, because this is like the first time the football team has made it to state and of course the papers are making a big deal out of it but what about the students surlly their must be some loyalty to the school but where I dont see any around the school no posters telling students to support our team of course there is the ocasional annousment to tell where the game will be held but where is the school spirit

The students of Smyrna High request that you make no more post. Especially a thread! Some periods please!!!

DONT GET ME WRONG I AM ALL FOR SMYRNA I HAVE MY SCHOOL SPIRIT BUT WHERES EVERYONE ELSES THERE IS NOTHING HUNG IN THE HALLS OR ANYTHING

Dude Honestly The Entire School Has Always Been Fairweather Fans...Sorry Gonyea.

You Know It's True I Graduated Last Year And Got Elected Most School Spirited And I Can Tell You Right Now The Fans Who Are Loyal Are Great. However The Rest Of The School Is About Worthless I Bet Not Even Half Show Up For State It's Really Sad. I Would Love It If I Was Proved Wrong Come Saturday Though. :angry:

thats great to here cuz ravenwood is decorated like crazy! and the school vibe is incredible this week..music between the periods and postors hung. its great!

wow i almost feel bad for the smyrna football team....as a ravenwood student i can tell you since the beginning of the playoffs there has been posters and all sorts of things put around the school....now that we are back to the Champioship, we are playing songs in between classes over teh PA system, making posters in many classes, having anouncements daily, and having a massive pep rally on friday....making it to STATE is a HUGE deal and your football team deserves to be supported better than that....

Dude Honestly The Entire School Has Always Been Fairweather Fans...Sorry Gonyea.

You Know It's True I Graduated Last Year And Got Elected Most School Spirited And I Can Tell You Right Now The Fans Who Are Loyal Are Great. However The Rest Of The School Is About Worthless I Bet Not Even Half Show Up For State It's Really Sad. I Would Love It If I Was Proved Wrong Come Saturday Though. :angry:

I have to agree on the "Fairweather Fans" however I think "Bandwagon Fans" is more accurate. We have loyalty in a lot of people but more than that there are others who just disappear when we are down but come around and act like they are the biggest fans on the planet when we are winning. I LOVE going to football games and there are tons of people there and only like 10% of the people there even stand up and cheer for the team! Drives me BONKERS!!!!

As for the students, well what do you expect when you have cheerleaders who lack school spirit to begin with? And yes, they lacked school spirit all year long until we got to the playoffs. If you don't believe me watch them during the games, they stand around and wait on the band to play so they can dance, I usually hear the same fans in the same area start cheers that the crowd can yell with during home games. Regardless of all of this, I hope every fan, bankwagon, fairweather, and loyal show up to this game Saturday night! It will be awesome!