Best Player In The State

KnightTime05

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Peppers

The best player in the state is B.J. Coleman hands down. He won the Mr.Football for D2-AAA while Tate only won it for D2-A/D2-AA. I would rather have Coleman on my team than Tate, but thats just me.

Coleman FTW.

The best player in the state is B.J. Coleman hands down. He won the Mr.Football for D2-AAA while Tate only won it for D2-A/D2-AA. I would rather have Coleman on my team than Tate, but thats just me.

Coleman FTW.

Tate won the 26th Annual Charles Greenhill award given to the BEST player in the entire State in ALL classifications. He also won the Middle Tennessee Player of the year in all Classifications. Can Coleman play RB? could he play Receiver? or Punt returner? or kickoff returner? or Defensive back? or punt?-- Coleman is a GREAT Quarterback, but Tate can do so many things. That's what makes him so deserving of these two awards as being the BEST in the State :thumb:

Ok, this is just a ? dont get affended because Tate is awesome but do you think if he moved to 5a that he would have had the same resluts..?

Yes. He would have 5A players around him.

The best player in the state? well, who is # 2 in College football, lots of opinions.

Lets talk about the awards, Who cares if someone gets awarded best player in the state, He may be and he may not be. Lets take college football and the Heisman, If Brady Quinn played at Ohio State, he would be the Heisman favorite. The Heisman is suppose to go to the best player in the country, if I am not mistaken, Major Harris won the Heisman trophy or was at least a finalist, did he ever make an NFL squad, he must have been one of the best players if he was a finalist. I have never seen Golden Tate play, He is obviously a great talent with great numbers, but my point is, there are several great players each year in the state and because of the team they may be on, they get more publicity, or less publicity. Awards like the best player in the state are awarded to the people who have had their name spoken by the right people x number of times. Is the best player always on the best teams?

Look at his career stats 89 TD's 8,000 total career yards.

That will not last long. Marco Dailey from Mt Pleasant currenty has 82 TD for his career & 5266 yrds rushing. 2812 of those yds & 42 TD came in '06. And he plays qb, tb, kr, pr & safety. Tate nmybe a senior and win those awards but Marco has another year to go.

26th Annual Charles Greenhill award I am sure is given to senior. Tate maybe recruited by all the big time colleges. We all have are opinion and mine is that Tate is not the best palyer in the state of Tnnessee.

The kid over at Maryville is as good as they come.

Edited by wholder

The best player in the state? well, who is # 2 in College football, lots of opinions.

Lets talk about the awards, Who cares if someone gets awarded best player in the state, He may be and he may not be. Lets take college football and the Heisman, If Brady Quinn played at Ohio State, he would be the Heisman favorite. The Heisman is suppose to go to the best player in the country, if I am not mistaken, Major Harris won the Heisman trophy or was at least a finalist, did he ever make an NFL squad, he must have been one of the best players if he was a finalist. I have never seen Golden Tate play, He is obviously a great talent with great numbers, but my point is, there are several great players each year in the state and because of the team they may be on, they get more publicity, or less publicity. Awards like the best player in the state are awarded to the people who have had their name spoken by the right people x number of times. Is the best player always on the best teams?

Watch a highlight film on him and you will change your opinion. He is a freak. He can play tailback, receiver, even lined up at QB some, returned punts, returned KO, played DB, and he punted. He is a Reggie Bush type player. There are great RB, Great Receivers, but not everyone in the State can play as many positions as Tate and be as successful as he was at it :rolleyes: