Hampton @ Eliz. Who wins

bulldog2000

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

I had to keep reminding myself that it was only the first game of the season and that they will improve. My goodness, what an awful exhibition we were treated to last night. I know the football players have had an extremely limited amount of practice time, but the guards looked like thay had never seen full court trap zone before in their lives. You can't spend 8-10 passes just to get to half-court. You waste time like that, you're doing the defences job for them. Lyons looked the best of the entire team, and HE'S been on football! I can only hope they improve as the season goes on, or it could be a long one. As for McClain being a bad coach, he's still new to the coaching biz, really it's too early in his career to be bashing like people have. We need stability at HHS, and someone who knows what they're doing. Hampton used to be a beast in basketball, a team that no matter where or when you played them you knew you were in for a game and a half. It seems like it's been forever since those days, and I really miss them. :D

Once the Guy kid gets back and the football boys get a little practice, they may be a little better, I only watched Hampton once last season and Igot to see the best win of the season,they beat Unicoi. Does Hampton have any good post players or shooters. Offense has to come from somewhere. Sounds like they played pretty good defense to hold Elizabethton to 46, but you can't win if you can't score. Hope they get it together. I think people need to be a little more positive, if everyone tells them ,they don't have a coach, they might start believing it. Idon't even know the coach , but give the feller a chance, I hope Lyons has a good year, he's my hero.

Once the Guy kid gets back and the football boys get a little practice, they may be a little better, I only watched Hampton once last season and Igot to see the best win of the season,they beat Unicoi. Does Hampton have any good post players or shooters. Offense has to come from somewhere. Sounds like they played pretty good defense to hold Elizabethton to 46, but you can't win if you can't score. Hope they get it together. I think people need to be a little more positive, if everyone tells them ,they don't have a coach, they might start believing it. Idon't even know the coach , but give the feller a chance, I hope Lyons has a good year, he's my hero.

I heard that the game was 8 on 5.

I heard that the game was 8 on 5.

Well, it's true that the three refs were "3 blind mice", but they missed stuff all over. It didn't really make any difference if they had called it correctly, Hampton just didn't play good AT ALL. They showed a flash or two, but that doesn't win games. I think they'll improve, and then we'll see come tournament time.

Well, it's true that the three refs were "3 blind mice", but they missed stuff all over. It didn't really make any difference if they had called it correctly, Hampton just didn't play good AT ALL. They showed a flash or two, but that doesn't win games. I think they'll improve, and then we'll see come tournament time.

:lol: Three blind mice. Thats pretty good.