BEST DEFENSIVE COACHES IN TENNESEE

RANDY SAVAGE

Terry Anderson from Overton. His defense rarely gives up a lot of points. Usually Overtons defense is one of the best in middle tennessee and he does it with average players. I know that this is a 1-3A page but its title is best in tn

AGREED! AGREED! AGREED!

They routinely hold poweful offenses to very few points. When RA was at Hillsboro, Overton's defense NEARLY ALWAYS held the Burros to very few points.

I watched Overton every year when my brother played at Shelbyville and the two teams were in that great region that included Hillsboro, Overton, Tullahoma, Shelbyville, and Columbia. I saw some GREAT Overton Defenses!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHO ARE SOME OF THE BEST DEFENSIVE COACHES IN THE STATE.ANY CLASS AND WHAT DEFENSE DO THEY RUN?

How about tony lambert look at his D the last 2 years at oneida. then you can look at them great defenses he put together at A.C.

he runs a 50 most of the time, but he will disguise his looks so offenses stay off balance. :thumb:

Slick Rick will be Deffensive Coach of the Year next year :lol:

The Real Geno says that it will take more than one year for Slick Rick to get earned respect in football. If Slick Rick can take that Temple bunch and win after how many seniors they lost, therealgeno will have much respect for Slick Rick. If Slick Rick can go 5-5 this year, he would probably earn defensive coach of the year for 2007.

What about Nix and Gambell, i think that is how you spell it, out of Alcoa holding GP to 3 points when they were averging 43 points a game, and holding Maryville just to 17 points.

Nix at Alcoa is a good guy and a good coach. He has some middle TN roots having played at MTSU. He was up for the head job, but still humbled himself and stayed as Rankin's D coordinator. Results speak for themselves...they have won a lot of games with him as D coordinator.