Centennial/Independence

CHS 2007

Let's get this rivalry fired up!

While the boys are fighting for possible district supremecy, the Centennial girls are just trying to survive this season. They're slowly making progress, but will it be enough to get past some of the tougher District teams? Independence has had a great year so far, coming of a massacre of Hillwood. Thoughts?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the boys are fighting for possible district supremecy, the Centennial girls are just trying to survive this season. They're slowly making progress, but will it be enough to get past some of the tougher District teams? Independence has had a great year so far, coming of a massacre of Hillwood. Thoughts?

I don't think anyone can judge Independence based on the Hillwood game. Should go INDY's way but you never know how it goes since there will be some high emotions in this game. Wonder how INDY would have been if Annie Kelly played at Independence thoughout her high school years. Could have put them right up there with the best this year.

I don't think anyone can judge Independence based on the Hillwood game. Should go INDY's way but you never know how it goes since there will be some high emotions in this game. Wonder how INDY would have been if Annie Kelly played at Independence thoughout her high school years. Could have put them right up there with the best this year.

Independence is doing just fine without Annie Kelly.

I was just curious how does a team score 5 points in a game? Are they really that bad? I have no clue about players/coaching but seeing 5 points in the paper sparked my interest.

Actually they weren't outplayed all night. It was an 8 point game after tree quarters. Centennial couldn't match Indy's agressiveness on the boards and got beat with second, third, and fourth shots. They are getting better and it will continue throughout the season.

Sounds like to me Coach maxwell is doing the same thing as she did as an asst at Siegel. She really understands post play.