Giles County Football 2007

norespect

Giles County football returns 12 seniors for next year, mainly on the defensive side of the ball along with a good looking Sophomore class. I believe getting so close to going to Murfreesboro will drive these seniors to work harder than they ever have before, then harder than that. I've heard rumors of players moving to Giles County but none of them seem to be true. What have you heard?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles County football returns 12 seniors for next year, mainly on the defensive side of the ball along with a good looking Sophomore class. I believe getting so close to going to Murfreesboro will drive these seniors to work harder than they ever have before, then harder than that. I've heard rumors of players moving to Giles County but none of them seem to be true. What have you heard?

Moving from where?

Is your coach going to stay another year. Rumor has it, that if the Lincoln County job opens, he'll take it.

Moving from where?

Is your coach going to stay another year. Rumor has it, that if the Lincoln County job opens, he'll take it.

I am one of those who believe that O'Connor is going to Lincoln Co. if the job opens up this year. There have been two coaching changes in Region 5-3A already this year and I believe that there could be at least two more changes on the horizon :thumb:

I am one of those who believe that O'Connor is going to Lincoln Co. if the job opens up this year. There have been two coaching changes in Region 5-3A already this year and I believe that there could be at least two more changes on the horizon :thumb:

I can tell you that the L.C. job is not about open up anytime soon. Coach Thompson will be here as long as he want's to be, and I don't see any reasons why he would be fired, and he hasn't said or given the hint that he is quite ready to go just yet.

Now when he does decide to step down, when ever that is, I'm sure that David, or as he is know around here "Punk" Oconner will definetly will be considered for the job, but , I don't think that will be no time soon. ;)

I can tell you that the L.C. job is not about open up anytime soon. Coach Thompson will be here as long as he want's to be, and I don't see any reasons why he would be fired, and he hasn't said or given the hint that he is quite ready to go just yet.

Now when he does decide to step down, when ever that is, I'm sure that David, or as he is know around here "Punk" Oconner will definetly will be considered for the job, but , I don't think that will be no time soon. :thumb:

That statement is NOT completly accurate. if it were...then why did LC folks talk to Palmer about coming there????.....two years in a row!!

That statement is NOT completly accurate. if it were...then why did LC folks talk to Palmer about coming there????.....two years in a row!!

You heard it here first bullpup....... Louis is not going anywhere for, at least, a couple of years. That is out of his own mouth, not even 24 hours ago, into my own ears so there is no misconception. Whatever rumors are floating around that the Lincoln County job is going to come open are as worthless as the hot air the spreads them. You can bank on it!!!!!! :thumb:

Edited by LCstatman

Well...Palmer is from there and Money is the biggest reason he won't come there. He also will not disrespect T. But if think that people who are decision makers have not "reached" out to others...then you are sadly mistaken. I don't have a dog in that hunt.....just plain facts!

I know Coach P as we call him and he is an excellent coach, one that we would be proud to have if the job opened up, but, I thought that Coach P was wanting to get out of coaching all together after he left Page this year?

I know for a fact that after the 03 season Coach T wanted to retire but was talked out of it by the school and others, if that is the time frame that you are talking about then you might be correct because a lot of people thought that was it for Lewis, but he was talked into staying for a few more years.

Now when he does decide to step down, when ever that is, I'm sure that David, or as he is know around here "Punk" Oconner will definetly will be considered for the job, but , I don't think that will be no time soon. ;)

When it does open up I'll tell you right now that O'Connor will be one of the prime candidates for the position (as will Alvin Palmer & possibly even Tim Johnson) :lol:;)

Well...Palmer is from there and Money is the biggest reason he won't come there. He also will not disrespect T. But if think that people who are decision makers have not "reached" out to others...then you are sadly mistaken. I don't have a dog in that hunt.....just plain facts!

Palmer has not been approached about being the head coach at Lincoln County. He was in the running back in 88 when Meadows decided to retire when Coach Thompson was originally hired. After he wasn't given the head coach job at LC, he took the Franklin job a few years later. Those are your facts. Don't get me wrong, the Falcon faithful would be proud to have Alvin calling the shots, but the position is currently occupied. :lol:

OK..then...I will tell Palmer that the conversation that I saw and he had with LC was all a figment of his imagination in 05 and it never happened. I must have been in a dream sequence. I know all about L wanting out and people wanting him to stay......and others who still want him to quietly and graciously move on.