Giles County Football 2007

norespect

OK..then...I will tell Palmer that the conversation that I saw and he had with LC was all a figment of his imagination in 05 and it never happened. I must have been in a dream sequence. I know all about L wanting out and people wanting him to stay......and others who still want him to quietly and graciously move on.

This is a waste of time. The truth is, Thompson is the head coach at Lincoln County, and plans to continue. Alvin was an awesome assistant and I , personally, would love to see him get the head coaching job when Louis does decide to stop, but "it ain't happening this year".

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been two coaching changes in Region 5-3A already this year and I believe that there could be at least two more changes on the horizon

Which two opened up and what are the other two possible changes?

The two changes were William Johnson out at Marshall Co. and Don Thomas is in ALSO at Page Alvin Palmer is out and Jack Daniels is now the man in charge.

The other possibilities????????????

David O'Connor (Giles Co.) is obviously one of them because I honestly believe that Pulaski is just a stopping point in the road for him that will eventually lead to his being the head coach of the Lincoln Co. Football Program. I'm not saying that it's a certain that Thompson will step down this year BUT what I will say is that if/when it does eventually happen David O'Connor will be one of the prime candidates to replace him.

THE OTHER ONE WILL HAVE TO JUST WAIT.................

The two changes were William Johnson out at Marshall Co. and Don Thomas is in ALSO at Page Alvin Palmer is out and Jack Daniels is now the man in charge.

The other possibilities????????????

David O'Connor (Giles Co.) is obviously one of them because I honestly believe that Pulaski is just a stopping point in the road for him that will eventually lead to his being the head coach of the Lincoln Co. Football Program. I'm not saying that it's a certain that Thompson will step down this year BUT what I will say is that if/when it does eventually happen David O'Connor will be one of the prime candidates to replace him.

THE OTHER ONE WILL HAVE TO JUST WAIT.................

Coach Thompson has no intentions of stepping down at Lincoln County any time soon. I spoke to him myself this week and he told me that himself, so I did not hear it "through the grapevine." I have also spoken to him about who he thinks might be his replacement when he does decide to hand over the reigns, and Although Coach O'Conner, Coach Palmer, and Coach Johnson would be obvious, and very good successors to the throne, you would be suprised at who else is at the very top of the list. (For those of you thinking it is his son, Jay, YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!) :thumb:

I am new to this coacht thing but from what ive heard MAYBE some of the star players from marshall county are coming to giles county

Sad to say there might be some merit to this. IF there is some truth to this I'd say it hinges on how the "prima donas" receive Coach Thomas. (And, yes, I've played with these guys and there are CERTAINLY some prima donas on the roster......too many, which contributed greatly to the program being in shambles this year.....but anyway.....)

But I hope that the ship is righted (and I have a feeling it will be after all the great things I've heard about Coach Thomas :thumb: ) Watching MC play this year and hearing about how wild and undisplined the players were was extremely dissapointing and disheartening.

As for Giles County......they always have better athletes, now they've got coaching. Look out.....This season was probably a sign of what the next few years will bring!!

Edited by eaglefan

Coach Thompson has no intentions of stepping down at Lincoln County any time soon. I spoke to him myself this week and he told me that himself, so I did not hear it "through the grapevine." I have also spoken to him about who he thinks might be his replacement when he does decide to hand over the reigns, and Although Coach O'Conner, Coach Palmer, and Coach Johnson would be obvious, and very good successors to the throne, you would be suprised at who else is at the very top of the list. (For those of you thinking it is his son, Jay, YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!) B)

For what it's worth:

I don't think the Lincoln County job is very attractive right now. First, you would be surprised how little Coach Thompson makes! Second, if he is not making much then the assistants get even less. Third, the talent is not near as deep as it used to be (when you call your two white running backs that run 4.8 40s "fast" its getting pretty bad)!

Look for Coach Thompson to finish his 30 years in Tennessee and then head north of the border to join his wife. I would expect Coach O'Connor from Giles County to do the same. Coach Thomas or Coach Johnson are great choices as well to be the next head coach at Lincoln County, but there would have to be a recommitment to football in order for that to happen!