Red Boiling Springs

basketballnut

DANG...Jake..you sound like a scalded dog....Sleep must have taken you to the hoop more than once................ :thumb::D:D

all that talkin and i didnt even see it. :lol: guess some ppl never grow up.

Sleep, Dan better do it right, or she may not play at all for a couple of yrs.

isnt the rule if u move and ur address changes u can play after 3 days and if u dont move addresses and jus change schools u have to sit out that year??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding of the rule. If you move and change residents, you are automatically eligible. If no move takes place you are not eligible until the next year, when you enrolled at the new school.

Have the Sleepers moved or is she just going to school and waiting until next year?

right now she is jus enrolled. i think they r decidin on whether to move or not.

its my lil sister and had nothin to do wit ferris. shannon loved havin her on the team. it was a personal decision made due to some problems wit her relationship with the coach. jus wasnt good. but she is goin to a good team and hopefully she'll be happier there.

"the offense is ferris. no one else does anythin except get her the ball. take her out show's over. dont get me wrong i think she is a great player but other ppl r gonna have to score if they plan on winnin anythin. shannon is movin schools. i'm not gonna get into details but it wasnt pretty. good luck to smith county from here on out. i guess i gotta say go RBS. haha."

This was posted on another thread by sleep23. I know for a fact Shannon has never been told not to shoot. I would hate for this all to have come from worrying who was gonna be the star, night in night out.

Not sure what the reason was she left, and really don't care, just hate it for Shannon.

I believe if a player isn't playing to their ability then they shouldn't be in the game, let someone who is on and focused be in there until up recover and get it all together. Shannon has a pretty shot and when she is on she will light it up, and her defense is awesome, but everyone has an off night, and maybe Shannon hadn't gotten lit up yet and got fustrated with herself. With that I think you should stop and think before you jump to conclusions and do something in the heat of the moment. I would have like to seen Shannon wait till morning light to see if she still felt the way she did that night, or if when she really thought about it she calmed down. And every parent loves their child and believes they are the best, even though we love our children it is our place to praise them and tell them by morning light it will be different or wait until we calm down to talk to the coaches. I know I would fight a circle saw for my children, but there is always a time and place for everything. I know I have wanted to tear a head off over mine myself.

I really hate this for Shannon, because whether or not Ferris ever becomes a great ballplayer she is 6'8 and will bring alot of recruiters to Smith County, more than have been there in many years. Shannon could have gotten several good offers from Colleges other than small ones to play ball maybe even a DI school if she continued to progress. I just hope this didn't hurt her in the long run.

Good Luck in RBS

Good Luck Owlettes this season, play hard, play together.

"the offense is ferris. no one else does anythin except get her the ball. take her out show's over. dont get me wrong i think she is a great player but other ppl r gonna have to score if they plan on winnin anythin. shannon is movin schools. i'm not gonna get into details but it wasnt pretty. good luck to smith county from here on out. i guess i gotta say go RBS. haha."

This was posted on another thread by sleep23. I know for a fact Shannon has never been told not to shoot. I would hate for this all to have come from worrying who was gonna be the star, night in night out.

Not sure what the reason was she left, and really don't care, just hate it for Shannon.

I believe if a player isn't playing to their ability then they shouldn't be in the game, let someone who is on and focused be in there until up recover and get it all together. Shannon has a pretty shot and when she is on she will light it up, and her defense is awesome, but everyone has an off night, and maybe Shannon hadn't gotten lit up yet and got fustrated with herself. With that I think you should stop and think before you jump to conclusions and do something in the heat of the moment. I would have like to seen Shannon wait till morning light to see if she still felt the way she did that night, or if when she really thought about it she calmed down. And every parent loves their child and believes they are the best, even though we love our children it is our place to praise them and tell them by morning light it will be different or wait until we calm down to talk to the coaches. I know I would fight a circle saw for my children, but there is always a time and place for everything. I know I have wanted to tear a head off over mine myself.

I really hate this for Shannon, because whether or not Ferris ever becomes a great ballplayer she is 6'8 and will bring alot of recruiters to Smith County, more than have been there in many years. Shannon could have gotten several good offers from Colleges other than small ones to play ball maybe even a DI school if she continued to progress. I just hope this didn't hurt her in the long run.

Good Luck in RBS

Good Luck Owlettes this season, play hard, play together.

good post but there is alot more than jus that one game and what happened. shannon can take gettin yelled at and havin an off night. we knew kasey was gonna draw scouts. i was excited for this whole team when we got her. this has nothin to do with her or the spotlight or scoring. like i said it was many events between her and the coach which i thought were out of line too. on and off the court. i'm not goin into details on here like i said but it wasnt very professional of him from my point of view. but RBS has a very good player in laken and goin to the state tournament draws scouts as well. i feel RBS has a much better chance than SC to do that. so i think it'll work out fine.

just maybe ferris should join shannon, she could take bench breaks and the team would never miss a beat as there is an outstanding supporting cast, and she deserves to be on a winning team with a bright future.

Stir the pot a little more why don't you! We all know you're related to Swaney but try to make it a little less conspicuous will ya? :)