2007 Class 3A

Big Country

sycamore will have to replace a bunch of good player but the key will be the offensive line they will return three starters and the first back up this year at guard and on the defensive the return a whole starting line and 3 starting line backers as for quaterback they will have jake simms who threw for almost a 1000 yards in the 6 or seven games he played in eagleville

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore might be good next year but they have got to replace that QB of theirs. That won't be easy!

Sycamore's biggest loss will be Matt Carrigan. I don't know if there's a player in the state who averaged more rushing attempts per game than that kid did. His younger brother Corey Carrigan is going to be expected to step up and fill his void next year but I'd have to see it to believe it because Matt is just "all day tough" if I were Notre Dame head football coach Charlie Weis describing the young man.

Sycamore also has to replace senior receivers and defensive backs in Blake Morris, Austin Lohin, John Clanton, Caleb Winters, & Zach Holden. Austin Patton is a name that comes to mind right away when it comes to guy having to step up next year.

Replacing Austin at QB will be an awfully difficult chore for Eagleville transfer QB Jake Simms HOWEVER I do think he is fit to do the job. I saw him in a scrimmage early in the fall against Cheatham Co. and he looked good running the spread.

next year sycamore will have two types of runnung backs in ryan pope a brusing running back and a speed guy i cory carrigan

The placekicking game will once again be excellent with Trevor Francis returning. That is just as long as he's not out in the open field trying to tackle a 6'6 225lbs. athlete running every bit of a 4.4 :lol: (just having fun with ya Trevor) ;)

I know what you're saying fultonfalcon2006, Coach Black is a great man and person and I learned more this year playing the OL than in my previous three at Fulton. I will really miss playing for the whole staff, but Coach Black most of all. He does seem to do wonders when he loses a lot of key linemen and next year will pose a challenge simply because there is nobody returning on the line. This year, you had Kennedy, Reilly(who started some last season), and Wiley. Not to mention Reilly and Wiley were 6'4'' 300 and 6'7'' 300+ respectively. I also heard the JV line was not the caliber of past up and comers. The skill weapons will be there, no doubt. I have faith some linemen will step up next year and I hope they do. I plan on going to Murfreesboro as a spectator for a change... :lol:

next year will pose a challenge simply because there is nobody returning on the line. This year, you had Kennedy, Reilly(who started some last season), and Wiley. Not to mention Reilly and Wiley were 6'4'' 300 and 6'7'' 300+ respectively. I also heard the JV line was not the caliber of past up and comers. The skill weapons will be there, no doubt. I have faith some linemen will step up next year and I hope they do. I plan on going to Murfreesboro as a spectator for a change... :lol:

You'll notice that I have shortened your post down when quoting it but I just want to talk about your offensive and defensive lines. I thought that they were without question the deciding factors in your wins against Pearl Cohn & David Lipscomb. The play up front defensively really took away both of those two teams running games while offensively Rogan had some gaping holes against both of those teams to run through (which is why he rushed for 200+ yards in both of those wins). I've always said that if you can stop the run defensively & run the football offensively then you are going to be a very tough team to beat. It's like the old saying goes: "pass is for show run is for dough". I do not care how efficient a team truly is offensively throwing the football the fact of the matter is that when you throw the football THREE THINGS CAN HAPPEN & TWO OF THEM ARE BAD!!!

Fulton may lose a lot of linemen up front but I'll let you in on a little secret. Both David Lipscomb & Pearl Cohn are losing pretty much all of their linemen as well. The Mustangs return #66 Brandon Cannon & #77 Cameron Hunt up front and that's pretty much it. The Firebirds return #56 Markese Osborne up front and that's it. Now both of those teams do have a lot coming back skill position wise next year. I posted that on the very first post of this topic. If they can get some guys to step up in the trenches next year and replace guys like Dorris, Forehand, Lucas, Hudson, Curry, Hudgens, Smith, Brown, & Horton then I'm sure that most will predict an all-midstate title game in 2007 between Pearl Cohn & David Lipscomb. HOWEVER if Fulton can get guys to replace their departing studs up front next year then they'll be among the favorites to return back to the Boro.

I know what you're saying fultonfalcon2006, Coach Black is a great man and person and I learned more this year playing the OL than in my previous three at Fulton. I will really miss playing for the whole staff, but Coach Black most of all. He does seem to do wonders when he loses a lot of key linemen and next year will pose a challenge simply because there is nobody returning on the line. This year, you had Kennedy, Reilly(who started some last season), and Wiley. Not to mention Reilly and Wiley were 6'4'' 300 and 6'7'' 300+ respectively. I also heard the JV line was not the caliber of past up and comers. The skill weapons will be there, no doubt. I have faith some linemen will step up next year and I hope they do. I plan on going to Murfreesboro as a spectator for a change... :lol:

I think its going to very difficult next year because of the lack of OL and DL ... looks like Cobb, Stokes will have to go both ways .. the WR's will have to go both ways like they did this year ... Coach Black will have to do a good job to get replacements for the OL they lost and DL they lost ... if Cobb has to play LB that means they have to replace the front four too .... I think this is a year that Fulton will have to have everything fall in place before they would be expected to go back to the Boro .. hope they prove me wrong !!! I dont see the athletisism or strength in the lineman coming back ... hope a couple of freshman grow up fast ... after 2007 they loose alot of skill players Tyson, Smith and Humphrey .. maybe there are some good young ones coming I heard the Super Midget team was really good .. they will be freshman next year and Soph's the year after in 2008.

You'll notice that I have shortened your post down when quoting it but I just want to talk about your offensive and defensive lines. I thought that they were without question the deciding factors in your wins against Pearl Cohn & David Lipscomb. The play up front defensively really took away both of those two teams running games while offensively Rogan had some gaping holes against both of those teams to run through (which is why he rushed for 200+ yards in both of those wins). I've always said that if you can stop the run defensively & run the football offensively then you are going to be a very tough team to beat. It's like the old saying goes: "pass is for show run is for dough". I do not care how efficient a team truly is offensively throwing the football the fact of the matter is that when you throw the football THREE THINGS CAN HAPPEN & TWO OF THEM ARE BAD!!!

Fulton may lose a lot of linemen up front but I'll let you in on a little secret. Both David Lipscomb & Pearl Cohn are losing pretty much all of their linemen as well. The Mustangs return #66 Brandon Cannon & #77 Cameron Hunt up front and that's pretty much it. The Firebirds return #56 Markese Osborne up front and that's it. Now both of those teams do have a lot coming back skill position wise next year. I posted that on the very first post of this topic. If they can get some guys to step up in the trenches next year and replace guys like Dorris, Forehand, Lucas, Hudson, Curry, Hudgens, Smith, Brown, & Horton then I'm sure that most will predict an all-midstate title game in 2007 between Pearl Cohn & David Lipscomb. HOWEVER if Fulton can get guys to replace their departing studs up front next year then they'll be among the favorites to return back to the Boro.

"pass is for show run is for dough". Big Country .. isnt that "Drive for show , putt for dough ???" .... Im already back into Golf mode ..... you make some good comments onn the OL and DL for those teams ... I would expect DL and Pearl to have the edge over My Falcons on the line department next year ........ all teams have some skill coming back .. DL has some good running backs and WR back and Im sure Pearl does too with the QB and TB ... It may be a year where someone not used to being there gets there .. some young team that was close this year ... Im gonna say it now .... at least from the East ... it will be a team that hasnt been before ......

I would love argueing this one out til i am blue but there is no escaping the dominance of east TN and some middle so FORGET IT

Dyersburg will return their QB Rashad Taylor, and RB Tyler Caldwell, The offnesive line is only losing two players, but one of which was a Mr Football finalist , so it could get interesting. Coach Counce never really gets down about the lose of eniors. He just prepares and does what it takes to win so he will be ready, last year they lost 12 to 14 players and the won so...Tyler Caldwell is my early pick for a lot of offensive awards.

Although D'burg was killed in the worst defensive preformance I have ever seen this side of TN, Caldwell had an outstanding game against Liscomb D and was never really stopped from getting the yards he wanted. Evident by his stat line...I think they will win 7, whick should be a little bit easier this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT lets get over that now cuz if they get all the way through back to the semis to play liscomb again or whoever. That side of TN is at least many leagues ahead of us....I think dyersb urg will enjoy the next few years in 3A though, making many trips deep in the playoffs...

Good luck to all teams,

And Congrats to FULTON,,,havent got to say that yet.....

I would love argueing this one out til i am blue but there is no escaping the dominance of east TN and some middle so FORGET IT

Dyersburg will return their QB Rashad Taylor, and RB Tyler Caldwell, The offnesive line is only losing two players, but one of which was a Mr Football finalist , so it could get interesting. Coach Counce never really gets down about the lose of eniors. He just prepares and does what it takes to win so he will be ready, last year they lost 12 to 14 players and the won so...Tyler Caldwell is my early pick for a lot of offensive awards.

Although D'burg was killed in the worst defensive preformance I have ever seen this side of TN, Caldwell had an outstanding game against Liscomb D and was never really stopped from getting the yards he wanted. Evident by his stat line...I think they will win 7, whick should be a little bit easier this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT lets get over that now cuz if they get all the way through back to the semis to play liscomb again or whoever. That side of TN is at least many leagues ahead of us....I think dyersb urg will enjoy the next few years in 3A though, making many trips deep in the playoffs...

Good luck to all teams,

And Congrats to FULTON,,,havent got to say that yet.....