2007 Class 3A

Big Country

I would love argueing this one out til i am blue but there is no escaping the dominance of east TN and some middle so FORGET IT

Dyersburg will return their QB Rashad Taylor, and RB Tyler Caldwell, The offnesive line is only losing two players, but one of which was a Mr Football finalist , so it could get interesting. Coach Counce never really gets down about the lose of eniors. He just prepares and does what it takes to win so he will be ready, last year they lost 12 to 14 players and the won so...Tyler Caldwell is my early pick for a lot of offensive awards.

Although D'burg was killed in the worst defensive preformance I have ever seen this side of TN, Caldwell had an outstanding game against Liscomb D and was never really stopped from getting the yards he wanted. Evident by his stat line...I think they will win 7, whick should be a little bit easier this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT lets get over that now cuz if they get all the way through back to the semis to play liscomb again or whoever. That side of TN is at least many leagues ahead of us....I think dyersb urg will enjoy the next few years in 3A though, making many trips deep in the playoffs...

Good luck to all teams,

And Congrats to FULTON,,,havent got to say that yet.....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love argueing this one out til i am blue but there is no escaping the dominance of east TN and some middle so FORGET IT

Dyersburg will return their QB Rashad Taylor, and RB Tyler Caldwell, The offnesive line is only losing two players, but one of which was a Mr Football finalist , so it could get interesting. Coach Counce never really gets down about the lose of eniors. He just prepares and does what it takes to win so he will be ready, last year they lost 12 to 14 players and the won so...Tyler Caldwell is my early pick for a lot of offensive awards.

Although D'burg was killed in the worst defensive preformance I have ever seen this side of TN, Caldwell had an outstanding game against Liscomb D and was never really stopped from getting the yards he wanted. Evident by his stat line...I think they will win 7, whick should be a little bit easier this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT lets get over that now cuz if they get all the way through back to the semis to play liscomb again or whoever. That side of TN is at least many leagues ahead of us....I think dyersb urg will enjoy the next few years in 3A though, making many trips deep in the playoffs...

Good luck to all teams,

Good luck to all teams,

Big Country Dec 2 2006 - 08:24 PM Post #1

Champion

Group: Guests

Member No.: 95,877

Fulton: the Falcons return Jock Stinson at QB first of all. Secondly they'll be stacked with skill guys at receiver and defensive back with Ken Tyson, Victor Smith, & Derrick Humphrey all returning as well. Hard hitting linebacker/fullback Bubba Stokes is also returning to the field for the Falcons in 2007. The biggest returning player to the entire team though may be today's Defensive MVP Terrence Cobb.

David Lipscomb: the Mustangs will not skip a beat next year. Caleb Simpson, who started several games at QB throughout this year, will take over the reigns of the offense next year. He'll have a wealth of backs to hand the football off to in Russ Moneypenny, Kevin Davis, & Jeremy Holt. I haven't even mentioned the fact that the team's leading receiver, Zach Rogers, is only a sophomore and will also be back next year. Evan Webb & Mitchell Tenpenny will both be back to anchor the region's top defense next year and reliable place kicker Kyle Lehning also returns in 2007.

Pearl-Cohn: the Firebirds will be expected to at least return to another deep trip into the playoffs next year. Quarterback Deaunte Mason and Tailback Deaveon Gregory are both back to lead what may be the state's most explosive backfield next year. Markese Osborne will anchor the team up front while defensive stallworths Dominique Sweatt and Region Defensive MVP Howard Griffin will lead the way on that side of the football in '07.

White House: the Blue Devils should expect versitile athlete Matt Parker to take over at QB next year after starring at both receiver and defensive back for this year's second round bunch. The star defensive back duo of DeMarqus & DeMarrius Payne will both also return and both should play a greater role on the opposite side of the football next year as well. Defensive forces Michael Barrett and Rogers Gaines will both return to lead a Blue Devils bunch that could make a long awaited return trip to the Boro next year.

I KNOW THAT THREE OF THOSE TEAMS ARE ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE BRACKET, UNFORTUNATELY, BUT THOSE ARE STILL MY TOP FOUR TEAMS HEADING INTO THE 2007 CAMPAIGN

White House will be there, 10 returning starters on defense, and 9 on offense. Parker will probably stay at reciever though, Greenwade or Light will take over QB duties. Both sophomores. But Parker may be top 5 recievers in Tennessee. But he may play both.

Champion

Fulton: the Falcons return Jock Stinson at QB first of all. Secondly they'll be stacked with skill guys at receiver and defensive back with Ken Tyson, Victor Smith, & Derrick Humphrey all returning as well. Hard hitting linebacker/fullback Bubba Stokes is also returning to the field for the Falcons in 2007. The biggest returning player to the entire team though may be today's Defensive MVP Terrence Cobb.

David Lipscomb: the Mustangs will not skip a beat next year. Caleb Simpson, who started several games at QB throughout this year, will take over the reigns of the offense next year. He'll have a wealth of backs to hand the football off to in Russ Moneypenny, Kevin Davis, & Jeremy Holt. I haven't even mentioned the fact that the team's leading receiver, Zach Rogers, is only a sophomore and will also be back next year. Evan Webb & Mitchell Tenpenny will both be back to anchor the region's top defense next year and reliable place kicker Kyle Lehning also returns in 2007.

Pearl-Cohn: the Firebirds will be expected to at least return to another deep trip into the playoffs next year. Quarterback Deaunte Mason and Tailback Deaveon Gregory are both back to lead what may be the state's most explosive backfield next year. Markese Osborne will anchor the team up front while defensive stallworths Dominique Sweatt and Region Defensive MVP Howard Griffin will lead the way on that side of the football in '07.

White House: the Blue Devils should expect versitile athlete Matt Parker to take over at QB next year after starring at both receiver and defensive back for this year's second round bunch. The star defensive back duo of DeMarqus & DeMarrius Payne will both also return and both should play a greater role on the opposite side of the football next year as well. Defensive forces Michael Barrett and Rogers Gaines will both return to lead a Blue Devils bunch that could make a long awaited return trip to the Boro next year.

I KNOW THAT THREE OF THOSE TEAMS ARE ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE BRACKET, UNFORTUNATELY, BUT THOSE ARE STILL MY TOP FOUR TEAMS HEADING INTO THE 2007 CAMPAIGN

White House will be there, 10 returning starters on defense, and 9 on offense. Parker will probably stay at reciever though, Greenwade or Light will take over QB duties. Both sophomores. But Parker may be top 5 recievers in Tennessee. But he may play both.

I'll stick by my top four picks of Fulton, Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, & White House as being "the teams to beat" next year in Class 3A :lol:

Champion

I KNOW THAT THREE OF THOSE TEAMS ARE ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE B@@@@ET, UNFORTUNATELY, BUT THOSE ARE STILL MY TOP FOUR TEAMS HEADING INTO THE 2007 CAMPAIGN

i heard that parker will stay at wr

greenwade should be the QB

I have not heard much said about Giles Co. They were tough contenders this year, and came close to playing Fulton in the championship. No disrespect to Dyersburg, but I think Giles Co. could have won that semi (this year). Can anyone speak to Giles Co's returning players??? I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Middle school programs are key. This is what has kept Lipscomb in the playoffs so many times (along with excellent coaching). The Lipscomb boys have played together since 5th grade. The multiplier moved Lipscomb, a 530 enrollment school, to 3A. Personally, I feel, their district is easier in 3A, than it was in 2A (so far). Lipscomb is graduating a lot of their line, but it is a very hierarchical school... there were sophomores that were excellent, but no way were they going to get playing time over a senior...that's the way of the school in all sports. By the time they are seniors, Caleb Simpson and Zach Rogers (both sophomores) are going to be the Montana and Rice of 3A. Watch Lipscomb's game become more versatile (running and passing). Next year... Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, Austin East, and ????

I have not heard much said about Giles Co. They were tough contenders this year, and came close to playing Fulton in the championship. No disrespect to Dyersburg, but I think Giles Co. could have won that semi (this year). Can anyone speak to Giles Co's returning players??? I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Middle school programs are key. This is what has kept Lipscomb in the playoffs so many times (along with excellent coaching). The Lipscomb boys have played together since 5th grade. The multiplier moved Lipscomb, a 530 enrollment school, to 3A. Personally, I feel, their district is easier in 3A, than it was in 2A (so far). Lipscomb is graduating a lot of their line, but it is a very hierarchical school... there were sophomores that were excellent, but no way were they going to get playing time over a senior...that's the way of the school in all sports. By the time they are seniors, Caleb Simpson and Zach Rogers (both sophomores) are going to be the Montana and Rice of 3A. Watch Lipscomb's game become more versatile (running and passing). Next year... Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, Austin East, and ????

Giles was senior heavy this year. They have tons of spots to fill particularly on offense. They seem to be well coached but the whole region will be improving this year while they will take a step back.

I look for Marshall County to be a force this year. Anyone in the region will tell you how talented this team is...particularly the seniors. Now that they have a disciplined, hard-nosed coach...they will start living up to their potential. I am sure I will catch some ridicule for this pick but I'm telling you we will be good this year!

Giles was senior heavy this year. They have tons of spots to fill particularly on offense. They seem to be well coached but the whole region will be improving this year while they will take a step back.

I look for Marshall County to be a force this year. Anyone in the region will tell you how talented this team is...particularly the seniors. Now that they have a disciplined, hard-nosed coach...they will start living up to their potential. I am sure I will catch some ridicule for this pick but I'm telling you we will be good this year!

The potential is there and those guys need to play with a sense of urgency this next year because after that IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OVER!!!!

I hope Don Thomas does a great job down there in Lewisburg and I'm sure the team will be much more disciplined on the field and in the classroom as well HOWEVER in order for me to believe it I am first going to have to see it :thumb: