Congratulations Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

I was able to see Smyrna play against Brentwood, and I thought they were a state-caliber team. Then they got destroyed by Riverdale, so I backed off of that claim. Congrats on proving me wrong for doubting y'all.

As for the post game celebration stuff, I'm not going to bash Smyrna or anything, but I would've liked to have seen celebrate winning a state championship rather than beating Ravenwood. But they are kids. Let them have their fun. Ravenwood had theirs last year. Were they out-of-line? Maybe, that's not my call.

Again congratulations to Smyrna for the big win, and the same to Ravenwood for making it that far.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these posts from these Ravenwood fans just reak of sour grapes, whatever happened to congraulating your opponent and being proud of the season that you had? If you would look at things from Smyrna's perspective, I think some of you folks would get off your friggin high horse. Smyrna is a football town and has been one for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, I can only imagine how everybody close to the program feels at this moment (actually I can :thumb: ). Ravenwood, you guys talk about class, but how about showing some yourself and just give it up to smyrna for beating you and not trying to make yourselves feel better with this holier than thou attitude

ravenwood fans have given it to smyrna for beating them senseless... if you would read the other topic called ravenwood vs smyrna it is the same people giving them credit on their as calling them classless on this topic... lucky i wasnt at the game i probably wouldve charged the field and gotten killed

I wasn't going to post for awhile, but I couldn't resist this. What you said is like the pot calling the kettle black. In fourth grade I believe they also taught capitalization, and I think capitalizing every word wasn't part of the curriculum. :lol:

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm over the classy vs unclassy argument. Congrats Smyrna on your win, and thanks for representing Middle TN well! I'm already looking forward to next year's regular season game against ya'll!

I was about to say the same thing. Congrats on our Bulldogs for winning the championships. There was no since in all the trash being thrown after the game though shows how much class Ravenwoods Fans Had toward the whole game. Ravenwood you guys played a great game, We just came out better but what can you say? You never know what your going to get until its over. Better luck next year.

Edited by Shanebroadster

Congrats to Smyrna! Savor, enjoy the win. Ignore the detractors. You earned, you have it! Now comes the work to defend it!

As for Ravenwood, kick back and get over it. Your hard work got you to the final game, no small or simple task. You have all the makings of becoming one of the true powerhouses in the state, do not let a loss throw you.

NOW on to 2007! :thumb:

:lol: I LOVE THIS ONE :D AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR 2007... ITS GONNA BE A GREAT GAME!

answer dis then 4 me.

crouch gets on here & begs 4 forgivin & says sorry 4 embarrassin his team

b-4 the game on the t.

he say he a changed man, rite?

otha posters swear he changed man.

he gets on here & says good luck 2 the other school, blah blaH BLah.

the changed man, rite?

then he is first 1 2 taunt ravenwood on their sidelines, rite?

takes him a posse 2 get his back.

rite?

so, my question.

how is he changed?

he rite back like he started.

no change.

runnin his mouth & disgracin his school & team agin.

I REALLY DONT CARE WHATR U THINK OR WHAT U HAVE TO SAY!!

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT UR OPINION..GET OFF MY JOCK FOR 10 MINS..

me and sonny were the first to get the hats yes, and they were infront of their student section,

but did me and him ever do anything besides raise our hands...NOPE!!

show me the tape, video, anything where i did, bc i have proof, ask steve heath and tom kreger where i was at right after i got my hat..i was talking to them about our team play, and if u watch the tape all the way through u see me and sonny shaking hands with ravenwood,i could name the numbers i talked to..did the team go over there..yea..did they say anything besides point at the score board and point at the hats and s, idk i wasnt there and either was u, actually i think they were cussing at them and throwing things at us bc i saw that on tv and i saw it when i was talking to the newspaper after our win..talk about something else..lol..i mean seriously..go to the basketball thread..we won state..we dont care what happened after the game and ur not changing anyones feelings about it..and i am only worried about my brothers feelings on the teams..u cant please everyone..i learned that a long time ago..maybe u should too..i learned my lession, i dc what U HAVE TO SAY BC U R nobody IN MY MIND!!

SO GET OFF MY JOCK AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!

Edited by underDawgs17

I REALLY DONT CARE WHATR U THINK OR WHAT U HAVE TO SAY!!

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT UR OPINION..GET OFF MY JOCK FOR 10 MINS..

me and sonny were the first to get the hats yes, and they were infront of their student section,

but did me and him ever do anything besides raise our hands...NOPE!!

show me the tape, video, anything where i did, bc i have proof, ask steve heath and tom kreger where i was at right after i got my hat..i was talking to them about our team play, and if u watch the tape all the way through u see me and sonny shaking hands with ravenwood,i could name the numbers i talked to..did the team go over there..yea..did they say anything besides point at the score board and point at the hats and s, idk i wasnt there and either was u, actually i think they were cussing at them and throwing things at us bc i saw that on tv and i saw it when i was talking to the newspaper after our win..talk about something else..lol..i mean seriously..go to the basketball thread..we won state..we dont care what happened after the game and ur not changing anyones feelings about it..and i am only worried about my brothers feelings on the teams..u cant please everyone..i learned that a long time ago..maybe u should too..i learned my lession, i dc what U HAVE TO SAY BC U R nobody IN MY MIND!!

SO GET OFF MY JOCK AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!

so u mean u recorded it then u watched it on the tv