Congratulations Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a game and you have made believers of the whole State of Tennessee! :thumb:

Great job Smyrna!!!!!!! The Ravenwood team lost graciously but you could hear the fans booing with 10 seconds left in the game. SORRY for your luck. But everyone in the state of Tennessee knows who the best team in 5A was tonight!!!!!

Valient effort by Ravenwood! Really 2nd place isn't so bad. :o

Edited by tnko

CONGRATS SMYRNA!!! You played a heck of a game. Congrats to Wilks for recieving mvp and congrats to grey for playing one of the best games I've seen. It's great that you brought the gold ball home to rutherford county!!! Do not let anyone ruin this for you and celebrate it. You deserve it!!!! CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN!!! :thumb:

tdntn, apparently the mohawks worked better for them!!! ha jk.....but don't be mad, you should be happy that someone in rutherford county won instead of ravenwood. And if it makes you feel better, you can say you lost to the eventual state champs!!

Edited by siegelplayer

tdntn, apparently the mohawks worked better for them!!! ha jk.....but don't be mad, you should be happy that someone in rutherford county won instead of ravenwood. And if it makes you feel better, you can say you lost to the eventual state champs!!

Oakland needs to get some mohawks next year. Yeah well we only lost to the State Champions by 6 points and had a almost won. lol

Edited by OakIand

okay, so smyrna deserved to win tonights game

they played with all of their heart, and in the end, got the gold

so, now i say, congradulations to the NO class state champions

i thought you said josh crouch had changed

i believed you for the entire football game

until it ended

you smyrnaians should be proud of your classless team

i'm more happy with a classy runner-up team than with a classless champion team

i remember the feeling after ravenwood won state last year

it was amazing, and i'm glad they smyrna fans (and only the fans) are enjoying it

okay, so smyrna deserved to win tonights game

they played with all of their heart, and in the end, got the gold

so, now i say, congradulations to the NO class state champions

i thought you said josh crouch had changed

i believed you for the entire football game

until it ended

you smyrnaians should be proud of your classless team

i'm more happy with a classy runner-up team than with a classless champion team

i remember the feeling after ravenwood won state last year

it was amazing, and i'm glad they smyrna fans (and only the fans) are enjoying it

Classless??? Are you crazy?? You mena to tell me that when Ravenwood was yelling at Crouch "It's all your fault" that yall got class. Come on man give me a break.

Congrats to Smyrna!!!! Players, ya'll played awesome!!!

Congrats to Ravenwood for thier hardwork for getting as far as they did! Good Job!!

And don't ever forget...

Smyrna Believes!!!

Edited by BulldogHacker®

Classless??? Are you crazy?? You mena to tell me that when Ravenwood was yelling at Crouch "It's all your fault" that yall got class. Come on man give me a break.

Congrats to Ravenwood for thier hardwork for getting as far as they did! Good Job!!

And don't never forget...

Smyrna Believes!!!

I said your team was classless... I don't necessarily agree with what our student section does, but the players need to be able to deal with that... I didn't see our team running over to your stands when we made a big play... And we certainly didn't do that last year when we won a nail-biter against Oak Ridge!

Yes, congrats to Smyrna

In the end, ya'll played a better game

Just one quick question though, If we don't never forget, does that mean I should forget (yay elementary school grammar!!)

Edited by rwood2008

And don't never forget...

Smyrna Believes!!!

I hate to be the party pooper here on your celebration, but please face reality. The first thing the Smyrna players did after a brief celebration in the field, was run over to the Ravenwood side and yell, taunt, etc. I was very suprised. I would expect the winning team to celebrate their victory with their own fans. Last year, the first thing our football players did was run up to the stands and high five the fans. See what I posted below on the Ravenwood vs. Smyrna thread.

I just got back from the game, and congrats to Smyrna for their first state title! Smyrna played a great game and was definitely the better team tonight. Although there was a few bad calls, ya'll earned the win. I was very impressed with Sonny Grey. A handful of times we almost sacked him, but he scrambled and ended up even getting the first down. Smyrna has a very good defensive and offensive line, too. Besides a couple fumbles and the missed PAT, ya'll played an almost perfect game. Enjoy the win and we'll be ready for ya next year!

The only bad thing I have to say towards Smyrna is that their fans and players need to learn to be a lot more respectful and classy. Before the game when I was walking out of the parking lot towards the stadium, a Smyrna fan yelled through his car window, "Go home!". This was a middle-aged man, too, so I think their is no excuse for this behavior. After the game walking back, a bunch of Smyrna teenagers yelled, "Ravenwood f***ing stinks!" out the window when they drove past. This was completely uncalled for. I understand that the players were excited to avenge their loss, but after the game I think it was very unnecessary to come to Ravenwood's side and taunt (waving their helmets, throwing up their arms, giving the finger) the crowd, players, and cheerleaders. Smyrna, even though you are now crowned the state champions in football, you didn't come home being the state champions of class. However, I do know that not all the players and fans are like this. Props go out to the Smyrna fans and players who celebrated their win with gratitude.

Edited by RHSRaptor08