Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

RBS jumped out to a double digit lead before G-ville ever scored tonight, but GHS kept fighting and had it down to 37-32 at the half. RBS ended up winning by five at Gordonsville 65-60.

It was an up and down game throughout the whole game...RBS would get up by double digits and make it look like they're going to win by 20, then Gville would hit a few shots and be right back in it...RBS could have played better, but they played good at times and at times they would slack off...Gordonsville threw off RBS's tempo and it allowed Gordonsville to get back into the game...The game went about like I thought it would...Figured it would be a close game throughout...Gordonsville has an unbelievable outside game...they can shoot with anybody, but they struggle inside on offense and struggled defending RBS's inside game...If Gordonsville had one big post threat down low they would be a team to reckon with because they are quick, they can shoot, and they don't allow many open shots...Great game...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle Tennessee Christian is a school that I have my eye on. I heard just before the regular season started that Brown was helping with these girls. I was not sure how quick he would be able to turn that program around, but I knew he would have a positive impact on them because of everything that he has been able to accomplish on the AAU Nationals level with Tennessee Team Pride.

The team itself is not very deep, but you are right they do have a pretty good post game led by a pair of juniors in 5'11" Amy Mullins and 5'9" Lindsey Lee. I anticipate this will be a year of growth and confidence building for the Lady Cougars in preparation for next year, which could be pretty special considering they will return everyone but one senior from this year's team.

MTCS is not deep, but I definitely would not say they are thin either. I saw eight or nine girls playing and getting plenty of time too.

A really good press may give them problems. If you can rush their game you may expose some weakness.

They were impressive tonight.

MTCS..........really? I'm sure my wife will be happy to hear this as she is an alumni. :lol: She said it would stun her if they ever fielded a team that proved to be competitive. I told her, and I believe I'm correct, they would eventually succeed because of the size of the population and the ease in which parents could enroll their kids there. In fact I would expect MTCS to reach the mountain top much sooner than anyone would think. Not this year, but quite possibly in the near future. :lol:

Kazzy

RBS jumped out to a double digit lead before G-ville ever scored tonight, but GHS kept fighting and had it down to 37-32 at the half. RBS ended up winning by five at Gordonsville 65-60.

I only have one thing to say to you, R. Willoughby, well, actually 2 things;

WAR EAGLE and 5 IN A ROLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :rolleyes:

Just kidding dude, well, actually I am not. ha ha ha ha ha :D

R u from Alabama????

Sorry if I came across too defensive. (foul on Dossman).

Woof!!!! Cute comeback Dossman....hey you get 5 fouls so you're fine :thumb: I see there is some stirring on here about MTCS. We don't play them until Jan. Sounds like they are making great strides with their program......and Kazzy's wife went there so thats gotta say something ;) Good luck to Eagleville and above all stay healthy!! GO LADY ROCKETS !!!!

MTCS is a solid team, but don't rule us out of the district discussions. I really believe we would have pulled out the W down there had our best player not gotten injured (torn ACL - out for the year) and we still almost did anyways. After everyone adjusts to their new roles we will still be solid. And don't forget about community either.

Vanburen Eagle, I don't want to judge anybody until I see them play either. I thought VB had a good team last year, they seems to fall apart at the district tourney, compared to their midseason play. I'm sure they will give plenty of fight this year too.

Kazzy, go get your wife some season tickets for Christmas to the MTCS games. It's going to be a good year for that team and a lot of 9A teams. So as a fan, lets all enjoy this season.

AuntKim, I know the Lady Rockets are a great team, I look forward to our games with them.

Go Eagleville Lady Eagles!!!

MTCS is a solid team, but don't rule us out of the district discussions. I really believe we would have pulled out the W down there had our best player not gotten injured (torn ACL - out for the year) and we still almost did anyways. After everyone adjusts to their new roles we will still be solid. And don't forget about community either.

I wasn't sure how bad your player was hurt...so sorry to hear it's the ACL. I just knew you had said she was your strongest player, so I figured it really hurt your competitive chances in the district. Looking forward to some really good games to finish out 2006 and then comes the second half, when everything heats up!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!