Slamfest

ut18vols

This will be my first Slamfest.

Is the seating as bad a the Team Duals at State?

BTW-I saw Ravenwood's team for the first time last night and they are a very strong team.

Rigger:

I saw the scores from last night's Hendersonville matches:

HHC 66 Cheatham Co. 15

HHC 58 Dickson Co. 15

HHC 24 Ravenwood 52

Earlier HHC beat Independence 40-36 and Smyrna 60-18 on the same night. You were able to post the won/loss results by weight class for the HHC wrestlers in those two matches. Can you do the same for last night's matches? That might be interesting to see for comparison purposes. Was there a Jaeckel v. Wolfe matchup at 189 and if so how did that come out?

Most people over in Region 6 have been talking up the usual suspects---Franklin, Overton, and Brentwood------with some mention of Independence----------- as being the top 4. But with Ravenwood winning the Harpeth Invitational this past weekend and their score against the Commandos last night, I think they just might be one of those sleeper teams that everyone needs to start looking at. They might make some noise up at Slamfest this weekend.

BTW---if this is your first Slamfest, you are in for a treat. A chance to see a possible early season Soddy-Clarksville match-up like last year, if someone like Ooltewah ( who smacked McCallie 40-25) or maybe even a Ravenwood doesn't surprise somebody. Good wrestling, good atmosphere, great eats---- the folks in Clarksville always run a good show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rigger:

HHC 66 Cheatham Co. 15

HHC 58 Dickson Co. 15

HHC 24 Ravenwood 52

Earlier HHC beat Independence 40-36 and Smyrna 60-18 on the same night. You were able to post the won/loss results by weight class for the HHC wrestlers in those two matches. Can you do the same for last night's matches? That might be interesting to see for comparison purposes. Was there a Jaeckel v. Wolfe matchup at 189 and if so how did that come out?

Most people over in Region 6 have been talking up the usual suspects---Franklin, Overton, and Brentwood------with some mention of Independence----------- as being the top 4. But with Ravenwood winning the Harpeth Invitational this past weekend and their score against the Commandos last night, I think they just might be one of those sleeper teams that everyone needs to start looking at. They might make some noise up at Slamfest this weekend.

BTW---if this is your first Slamfest, you are in for a treat. A chance to see a possible early season Soddy-Clarksville match-up like last year, if someone like Ooltewah ( who smacked McCallie 40-25) or maybe even a Ravenwood doesn't surprise somebody. Good wrestling, good atmosphere, great eats---- the folks in Clarksville always run a good show.

Sorry, I was late and working concessions. I know my son's results and a few others. Our 125 lost to RHS by 1 and 130 lost by 2. Our freshman 189 was out manned by 8 or more.

We lost some close matches but Ravenwooe seamed to dominate us in the middle weights. The scary part is that the football team has not come out yet.

Edited by rigger101

I got a quick question.

You all know the pound rule if you wrestle back to back night the 2nd night the teams get 1 pound extra on all weight classes.

So say a team wrestled Thursday, Friday, and then come to Clarksville for Slamfest, that will be three days in a row for wrestling. So do the teams all get 2 lb extra or will it be regualr weight just wondering.

Well these are all the team going to the Tournament this weekend:

Brentwood High School

Clarksville High School

Cookeville High School

Dickson Co. High School

Franklin Road Academy

Hendersonville High School

John Overton High School

Karns High School

Kenwood High School

Northeast High School

Northwest High School

Ooltewah High School

Ravenwood High School

Rossview High School

Soddy Daisy High School

Springfield High School

How is this tournament going to go, who wins what. Lets talk it up :thumb:

Soddy Daisy wins easily

Rigger:

HHC 66 Cheatham Co. 15

HHC 58 Dickson Co. 15

HHC 24 Ravenwood 52

If the wrestler in the 189 pound class for Hendersonville is Jaeckel, Chris Wolfe beat him 16 to 2. The 2 points that were awarded came when Wolfe let him up voluntarily to practice his take downs.

Hey, what year is Wolf and how did he do last year? He's one of the better 189lbs I've seen this year.

Edited by rigger101

I got a quick question.

You all know the pound rule if you wrestle back to back night the 2nd night the teams get 1 pound extra on all weight classes.

So say a team wrestled Thursday, Friday, and then come to Clarksville for Slamfest, that will be three days in a row for wrestling. So do the teams all get 2 lb extra or will it be regualr weight just wondering.

Do you know why Springfield didnt stay and finish the tournament? They still had two more matches. They gave Overton a bye when they left. :lol: