Mcgavock Tournament

knockout818

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Scott is a very good wrestler, just wish he had someone over at hillwood that could give him some competition during practice, he will have the chance to prove himself as the year goes on, he could definitely shock some people and medal at state.

Justin should have won the match, he wore out Morgan for the better part of the match. The same in the finals. Morgan won the first 1 1/2 pd, Booker kicked his butt the rest of the match. Justin may shock some people at state, as well as Booker. Both will probably be at 145. (I know Booker will be there next week)

Yahya only had one match go past the 1st peroid (his semifinal match went to the 2nd), pinned every opponent, and was not scored on during the tournament.

What else does he need to do to deserve the OW award?

Win the tournament!! omg A dude gets beat in the finals and he gets Outstanding wrestler.

Everyone is right about Abrigo. If he doesn't get it into gear he is going to get beat. There have been a lot in the threads about the early matches he lost last year and they were for the same reason.

I will be honest, Abirgo was not impressive, he is an overrated wrestler, that will not be a state champ at 145, or 152. There was plenty of other wrestlers that were better than YaYa at 215 for OW, i.e. 130 - Price, 125 - Corley, 145 - Dowell. That is the truth!

You must be a HL guy, those three were impressive, though Kerry looked sloppy. What about Antioch's HWT, or Fortune of MLK, Garrett of EL, Rucker of Ant. Yahya was deserving, he had a great tournament

You must be a HL guy, those three were impressive, though Kerry looked sloppy. What about Antioch's HWT, or Fortune of MLK, Garrett of EL, Rucker of Ant. Yahya was deserving, he had a great tournament

I DISAGREE WITH THAT....YAHYA'S A GOOD WRESTLER BUT TO GET OUTSTANDING WRESTLER.......AND Y U NAMING ALL OF THOSE WRESTLERS WHAT WAS UP WIT D.BOOKER FROM Ant. AND THAT RUCKER KID IS ALRIGHT BUT DOESN'T MEET THE STANDARDS TO BE CROWNED AS AN OUTSTANDING WRESTLER

I DISAGREE WITH THAT....YAHYA'S A GOOD WRESTLER BUT TO GET OUTSTANDING WRESTLER.......AND Y U NAMING ALL OF THOSE WRESTLERS WHAT WAS UP WIT D.BOOKER FROM Ant. AND THAT RUCKER KID IS ALRIGHT BUT DOESN'T MEET THE STANDARDS TO BE CROWNED AS AN OUTSTANDING WRESTLER

It was voted on by the officials. I named all these wrestlers b/c they had good tournaments. Why doesn't Rucker meet the standards, he won his weight class in convincing fashion. A 33 second pin in the semis and a 53 second pin in the finals. Booker had a good tournament, looked good in the finals for the last 3:00. Didn't get it done to be named OW. Yahya deserved it.

It was voted on by the officials. I named all these wrestlers b/c they had good tournaments. Why doesn't Rucker meet the standards, he won his weight class in convincing fashion. A 33 second pin in the semis and a 53 second pin in the finals. Booker had a good tournament, looked good in the finals for the last 3:00. Didn't get it done to be named OW. Yahya deserved it.

You want to debate the OW. Let me throw you something. look on fiscus consulting and see last year's 125 bracket. The winner there pinned everybody all the way through and did not get out of the 1st period in two days of wrestling. That was pretty good pin in finals also. 40 second pin of price. Guys I did not get on here and complain. let it go.