East TN Top 10

sammy3462

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you people serious. Oak Ridge is better than Greeneville, Bradley, Maryville, and Farragut. You people that say that Bradley beat them, so that makes them better don't know anything about basketball. You have to be 20 points better than Bradley to beat them at Bradley. Oak Ridge had a 4 point lead with a minute to play and Oglesby hit back to back threes to give Bradley the win. I would be surprised if Oak Ridge even gets challenged in their league this year.

Well, as far as I know, what matters is that you get the win, not how. There isn't a spot for how you win in your team's record, it's all about wins and losses.

Are you people serious. Oak Ridge is better than Greeneville, Bradley, Maryville, and Farragut. You people that say that Bradley beat them, so that makes them better don't know anything about basketball. You have to be 20 points better than Bradley to beat them at Bradley. Oak Ridge had a 4 point lead with a minute to play and Oglesby hit back to back threes to give Bradley the win. I would be surprised if Oak Ridge even gets challenged in their league this year.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Powell seems to be playing well so far and you can never count Halls out. Maryville, in a possible Region tournament match-up, could give them a lot of trouble. If Oak Ridge doesn't start shooting the ball better, they will struggle in some games. But, even if they don't shoot the ball well, they can make up for it on defense. They might be the best defensive team in the area. They play with a lot of intensity and they don't have a lot of break-downs in games.

After seeing more teams play and hearing about others, here is a new Top 10.

1. Greeneville- until I hear that they loose a game, they are number 1.

2. Bradley Central- Only number 2 because they beat Oak Ridge.

3. Oak Ridge- Only number 3 because they lost to Bradley Central.

4. Farragut- Still undefeated, tough game with Fulton tomorrow.

5. Maryville- Two road wins over the weekend-at William Blount and at Alcoa.

6. Science Hill- Still haven't seen them play but still hearing they are playing well.

7. Fulton- Undefeated, but play Farragut tomorrow.

8. Powell- Huge win against Halls on Friday then a let-down in a loss to Knox Catholic.

9. Pigeon Forge- 9-0, but haven't played anybody that is a great team yet. No disrespect to them though, they are a great team.

10. Austin East- A lot of potential, just not putting it all together yet.

Bearden, Halls, Knox Catholic all very close to being in there.

6. Science Hill- Still haven't seen them play but still hearing they are playing well.

8. Powell- Huge win against Halls on Friday then a let-down in a loss to Knox Catholic.

9. Pigeon Forge- 9-0, but haven't played anybody that is a great team yet. No disrespect to them though, they are a great team.

Well does pf get higher if they beat an alcoa team tue?

I like this top 10 more then any other one that I've seen. I'll tell everyone tho look for Pigeon Forge to sneek into "maybe" everyone's top 5 later on. Right now they're in the top 3 in the state in every AA poll

How can you guys forget about Brainerd High...They beat Science Hill and Austin East

They do have the two good wins against Austin East and Sciece Hill, but they also dropped one to Science Hill. They also lost close back to back games against Howard. But apart from those teams, and Tyner and Tennessee, none of the other teams they have beaten have winning records. Maybe in the top ten with a couple more quality wins, but I don't think they are there quite yet.

P.S. I saw the Maryville Alcoa game Saturday and if PF played well then they could beat either one of them by maybe 10+. PF plays @ Alcoa Tuesday. I hope they back me up lol

You'll get your chance against Alcoa Tuesday night on your home court. This definitely is not one of Alcoa's best teams and it looks like it is one of Pigeon Forge's best teams. Even so, I think Alcoa will give Pigeon Forge everything they want and it wouldn't surprise me to see Alcoa win.

I have seen Pigeon Forge play. There is NO WAY you beat Maryvillle by 10 plus points, even if you played your best game. If you were in Maryville's district, I think you would have a minimum of 6 district losses for the season ( two each to Farragut, Maryville, and Bearden) and probably a few more. If you were in Alcoa's district, you would be a 3rd place team at best behind A-E and Fulton and maybe 4th. Let's face it, your district does not compare AT ALL strength wise to Alcoa's district.

I like Pigeon Forge's team but you don't need to come on here making statements like this.