2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but they are better than that statement you made. We'll worry about this Region first, then we'll go from there. I believe this Region is getting tougher by the year.

I like the approach of one game at a time. I'm pulling for Mt. Pleasant out of region six and the only way to loose the region is to beat themselves, other than that, i say worry about the playoffs when they get here which i am happy to say you seem to believe as well.

Are you saying the young ladds from Mt. Pleasant are the best 1A team in the state this season?

I will say they have the potential to be. They must get more aggressive and physical. I think they will do both. Hopefully this week against Fairview we will see some of that. There B- team played very physical against LC's B'team on Monday night. Maybe some of that will carry over to the first string. If not the B team may see more action.

Edited by theyoungtiger

I like the approach of one game at a time. I'm pulling for Mt. Pleasant out of region six and the only way to loose the region is to beat themselves, other than that, i say worry about the playoffs when they get here which i am happy to say you seem to believe as well.

:D Any one of the top 4 in this region having a really good game clicking on all 8 cylinders can beat just about any team, any time. mTp better prepare well if we want that undefeated region title again.

Edited by Big Bigby

I will say they have the potential to be. They must get more aggressive and physical. I think they will do both. Hopefully this week against Fairview we will see some of that. There B- team played very physical against LC's B'team on Monday night. Maybe some of that will carry over to the first string. If not the B team may see more action.

I thought about it and this may seem silly enough of a reason but I noticed how well our O-line blocked for pass plays and gave Marco some time in the backfield. Then, on run plays, the o-line seemed to pull of their blocks a little quicker almost as if they just expected our back to already be gone with the ball out of the backfield or something and just let the defender go.( this analogy - only with real good defenses that penetrates the line well to slow up the backfield) If some saw what I think I saw, then a good dose of coaching to not letting off the block till you hear the whistle blow would cure a lot of our pre-region problems. O-line should already know this of course, but a little reminder at times wouldn't hurt. They still are young adults.

But a you have a very valid point indeed.

Edited by Big Bigby

Part of the good protection on pass plays was that Lewis County's linemen didnt come up field to flush Dailey out of the pocket. They only sent linebackers up field the linemen just held their ground.

Would you send lineman to try and catch dailey? It was a good job of coaching though, telling the lineman to hold their ground and keep the pocket surronding marco while telling the linebackers to go get him.

Part of the good protection on pass plays was that Lewis County's linemen didnt come up field to flush Dailey out of the pocket. They only sent linebackers up field the linemen just held their ground.

That's a good point tigerfan, I noticed that too. But LC ran a 3 man front most of the time and a 4 man front sometimes on the line. Our guys double teamed them and left 1-2 of the 3-4 LB's unchecked a whole lot of the time. I heard coach noticed too and adressed it for the second half which resulted in better blocking of course in the 2nd half, but still not good enough.

My concern was and is the line O-lineman standing there during the play with their hands on their hips from pulling off their blocks too early(from reasoning in previous post) and watching our back get pummeled when they should have been man to man pancaking somebody and the extra lineman and backs picking-up the LB's. That just simply wasn't happening. This also happens with us a lot against good defenses.(JCS)

I know it will be more than likely be adressed and fixed. I was just wondering if it was just me only who seen this and if I'm wrong or not? Are we man to man or zone? It looked like zone.

I know it will be more than likely be adressed and fixed. I was just wondering if it was just me only who seen this and if I'm wrong or not? Are we man to man or zone? It looked like zone.

If they are running a 3-4 or a 4-3 and bringing linebackers you have to be zone, if you try to go man to man you have 5, 6 guys tops to block everybody and they have 7 they can bring. you have to play zone and hope they don't send all 7.

If they are running a 3-4 or a 4-3 and bringing linebackers you have to be zone, if you try to go man to man you have 5, 6 guys tops to block everybody and they have 7 they can bring. you have to play zone and hope they don't send all 7.

Zone works well with college and pro's, but not well with HS. Some good school's, OK but not all. Zone will leave some kids guessing too much on who to pick up to block and relax's them a little too much when it seems to them there's no-one for them too block.IMO. Man too man forces them more to know who their blocking and to pick that block up no matter. As far as the extra LB or guy to block lets hope you run the right play and your back can handle him or out run him, or he just misreads the play and blows coverage.

Other words, I just don't like seeing 5 o-lineman tied up blocking 3 d-lineman and 4 LB's rushing in unchecked. When in zone and all 7 rushes in, most HS o-lineman will most likely stay on that double team messing up and not pulling off in time to catch that rushing LB letting your back to face at least 2 or 3 LB's ready to put some hurts on somebody. This is what I see most of the time, shutting a backfeild down, mostly in the backfeild; from not being blocked. Man to man simply reduces those chances (in HS ball).IMO.

I just didn't know wether or not that's what we were definitely doing or not(zone blocking). But what do I know, I'm no coach, I'm just a fan who loves to talk about football and learn where I'm right or wrong so I look stupid some of the time and not all of the time.lol. :D

Edited by Big Bigby

That's a good point tigerfan, I noticed that too. But LC ran a 3 man front most of the time and a 4 man front sometimes on the line. Our guys double teamed them and left 1-2 of the 3-4 LB's unchecked a whole lot of the time. I heard coach noticed too and adressed it for the second half which resulted in better blocking of course in the 2nd half, but still not good enough.

My concern was and is the line O-lineman standing there during the play with their hands on their hips from pulling off their blocks too early(from reasoning in previous post) and watching our back get pummeled when they should have been man to man pancaking somebody and the extra lineman and backs picking-up the LB's. That just simply wasn't happening. This also happens with us a lot against good defenses.(JCS)

BIG I think the Coach is doing a great job.