Sorry Coacht T, but somebody was going to post this anyways

McNine4MVP

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McNine MVP

As I am sure you played a little ball in your day, I have been around football almost all of my life including the pros. I was there on game night and certainly thought SOME not all of the Smyrna players went way to far. Being 17 or 18 does not excuse wrong behavior. As I am sure you know kids that age are tried as adults in a court of law. I don't care how excited you are you conduct yourself in a manner that reflects positively on your self, your upbringing and your school! And might I remind you you always meet in the middle of the field as a team to shake hands period.... That did not happen. Bottom line it was disrespectful and certainly did not make Smyrna look good in the eyes of Ravenwood. I think maybe the pro's are a little to blame what with the antics nowdays. You should be careful who you choose to emulate. Quit frankly I am sick and tired of this topic. Smryna won the game no denying that. TRhey played a great game Ravenwood did not. However; wouldn't it have been nice to be a State Champion and also have everyones respect.

In my opinion, if any players ran to the other sideline before, during or after the game, for any reason, it shows that a coach and his staff are not in control of his zoo.

There is no reason to be there period. The T$$AA should fine the program and coachs involved. Sad commentary IMO it should have not have happended.

AGREE WITH YOU 100%

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...36&game_id=

I know this one is destined for a closed topic discussion, but it has to be brought back up after the show in The Tennessean today.

The Dave Chappelle's player hater's ball has just broken out against Smyrna. This is absolutely amazing. I just can't believe that a team mom would say that its the "worst thing she's ever seen in sports". This is almost comical from my end. She may need to get out a little bit more, or at least hang out for about 10 minutes in her own Raptor student section. This almost reaks of the "we didn't win, but I always get my way" kind of thing. I'm on record as saying that I could have done without what Smyrna's kids did immediately after the game, because I have a lot of respect for Ravenwood's players and coaches and actions like that from afar make it seem like you don't. I know that's not the case because Smyrna's players and coaches actually admire what Ravenwood has accomplished in a short period of time. However, those little "ANGELS" in the Raptor student section have a big role in this, dating back to September 30th. You all can pile on JC all you want, but it takes two to tango, as they say, and they are not without blame.

People on the outside have no idea how close the first Ravenwood game and postgame incident came to ruining what ended up being a state championship run for the Bulldogs. There is no way that Smyrna wins the Ship without the kid who's football future was put on ice after that windy night in Smyrna. Now, he was DEAD WRONG in how he handled things that night, but he's a high-strung, competitive guy, and you live and learn. People know that I played a little ball back in the day and I will pay this kid the ultimate compliment, I would have absolutely LOVED to play alongside a guy like JC. You have to remember, we are dealing with 15-18 year old kids and they don't always make the best decisions at a beckon call. If they feel like they've been wronged, they will practice the eye-for-an-eye thing at the drop of a hat. Trust me, the little acknowledgement to the crowd was several months of frustration coming out. That kid is as well liked as anyone on that Smyrna team and his guys had his back, starting with a team vote just to have him reinstated. That was a vindication moment for all of those kids, as well as a championship one.

This sounds like sour grapes to me. Trust me, I am going to write Jeff Lockridge an e-mail (he's a very good guy) and stand up (somewhat....I reiterate that I could have done with the celebration) for the Smyrna guys. As a guy who is older than the players, but young enough to still put myself in their shoes, I realize this was a Newton's Third Law moment. I NEVER in a million years would have thought I'd say this, but Ravenwood fans have stooped lower than their neighbor Bruins on arrogance. And Raptor fans, take some advice for future reference "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

McNine read page 3

McNine MVP

As I am sure you played a little ball in your day, I have been around football almost all of my life including the pros. I was there on game night and certainly thought SOME not all of the Smyrna players went way to far. Being 17 or 18 does not excuse wrong behavior. As I am sure you know kids that age are tried as adults in a court of law. I don't care how excited you are you conduct yourself in a manner that reflects positively on your self, your upbringing and your school! And might I remind you you always meet in the middle of the field as a team to shake hands period.... That did not happen. Bottom line it was disrespectful and certainly did not make Smyrna look good in the eyes of Ravenwood. I think maybe the pro's are a little to blame what with the antics nowdays. You should be careful who you choose to emulate. Quit frankly I am sick and tired of this topic. Smryna won the game no denying that. TRhey played a great game Ravenwood did not. However; wouldn't it have been nice to be a State Champion and also have everyones respect.

I have also been around football my whole life and do not condone incorrect behavior. 17 year old kids pointing to a S- toward a Section of fans that used the words that the Ravenwoods student section used pre-game does not bother me. The players for Ravenwood are not at issue. The game was completely clean and both teams showed great respect for one another. There was a line for handshaking and it only ended when the hats began to be handed out. Then it was kids being excited. I am also through with this topic. Had Ravenwood won, this topic would never had existed as it did not when the Ravenwood fans stormed the Smyrna field in November. Good luck to both next year.

I didn't see everything either. I did see the Bulldogs the week before when Ooltewah played them. They were a good team. But I'll tell you this. It is not in the best interest to tick people off. Because of a game Ooltewah had during the year, we will have to go to war with WM BLount next year. That is another long story I won't get into. BUT, the Bulldogs should enjoy their championship. They kept saying they BELIEVE like it was their destiny to win. Actually they were five points in two games away from losses in the playoffs. 2 against RIVERDALE and 3 against Ooltewah. They won it all and you can't take that away. But I'll tell you this much. If you are going to repeat again. You won't get by on BELIEVING and the underdog stuff. Youre state champions and reality is you'll have to come through RAVENWOOD, RIVERDALE, and who knows, I BELIEVE the Owls again. BELIEVE ME they will be ready for you. Go ahead and say it...Youll be ready for them. Just remember, you were on a MISSION this year BELIEVING. Next season...they will all be on a MISSION too. COCKY doesn't sit right the second time around Teams remember how you acted.I promise you RAVENWOOD AND RIVERDALE WILL. They both have been champions as well:thumb: