Balor School for Boys and Girls loses one to The McCallie school for b

bear cat brown

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. Why no answers from you? How old are you?

I must have missed something. First of all what am I supposed to be answering and second, why would I have any obligation to answer anything to you? Got a little control problem?

Well I am logging on to get updated on Chattanooga and Tenn wrestling. I have to say you guys really are willing to be rude and down right out of line. So the young man went to McCallie to wrestling, who cares. And if you do care where does your opinion come from. I have read and listened to many of my friends about this boy and his family and think please stop the rumor mill because there is no way to know everything the parents know. Both schools have a rich history in many sports as does many other schools in other areas. There have been familys that have moved from McCallie to Baylor and familys that have moved from Baylor to McCallie but unless you are the father or mother really do you know the whole story. Who besides the father has set with each school, each coach and made decisions. Right wrong or indifferent this young man has a dream and at his age 8th grade it has to be apart of any family decision; considering he is a adolesent. Time will tell whos dream it is. Every family from time to time makes a poor decision but usually you make more good ones than bad ones. If Baylor choose not to let this boy wrestle for a spot and he wants that badly to start, McCallie is for sure is a good decision. It is a great school as is Baylor, it has a great Coach as does Baylor so from the outside it seems logical. I am sure no school likes to see transfers especially when they are as good as this boy but again it is a decision made by parents and families and we ie parents do the best we can. Good luck to you at McCallie and as I see it one door closes and another opens. its life, good luck to all the young men who bust their butts so hard. Frankly how lucky is Baylor to have such a deep pool of young men that there is no need to even consider bringing this young man up for a shot against a upper classmen. With any luck who is better than who will get settled the old fashion way on the matt. Boy am I LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THAT MATCH.

Well I am logging on to get updated on Chattanooga and Tenn wrestling. I have to say you guys really are willing to be rude and down right out of line. So the young man went to McCallie to wrestling, who cares. And if you do care where does your opinion come from. I have read and listened to many of my friends about this boy and his family and think please stop the rumor mill because there is no way to know everything the parents know. Both schools have a rich history in many sports as does many other schools in other areas. There have been familys that have moved from McCallie to Baylor and familys that have moved from Baylor to McCallie but unless you are the father or mother really do you know the whole story. Who besides the father has set with each school, each coach and made decisions. Right wrong or indifferent this young man has a dream and at his age 8th grade it has to be apart of any family decision; considering he is a adolesent. Time will tell whos dream it is. Every family from time to time makes a poor decision but usually you make more good ones than bad ones. If Baylor choose not to let this boy wrestle for a spot and he wants that badly to start, McCallie is for sure is a good decision. It is a great school as is Baylor, it has a great Coach as does Baylor so from the outside it seems logical. I am sure no school likes to see transfers especially when they are as good as this boy but again it is a decision made by parents and families and we ie parents do the best we can. Good luck to you at McCallie and as I see it one door closes and another opens. its life, good luck to all the young men who bust their butts so hard. Frankly how lucky is Baylor to have such a deep pool of young men that there is no need to even consider bringing this young man up for a shot against a upper classmen. With any luck who is better than who will get settled the old fashion way on the matt. Boy am I LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THAT MATCH.

ahh....the lecture ......I knew it was coming.

Good post!!

BCB,

Now, with all that has been said and with a little back up research,,, I have reached a fairly significant conclusion... TJD chose to leave Baylor because Baylor has a philosophy that 8th graders could only challenge for a varsity position if there is not a High Schooler participating at that weight. TJ transfered to McCallie where he expects to be able to wrestle varsity. TJ is a very good wrestler who would beat many High Schoolers as an 8th grader. Makes sense to me.

Hope this helps and I appreciate your patience while I gathered the facts.

soms

I still wonder about transferring so late in the semester. I agree that if the McCallie philsophy about letting him wrestle is different than Baylor's, his transfer at the semester makes perfect sense. I asked earlier and did not really get a response--how does he have his academic achievement evaluated when he transfers so late in the semester? Why not wait until the semester to ytransfer?

Edited by Chattcity

I still wonder about transferring so late in the semester. I agree that if the McCallie philsophy about letting him wrestle is different than Baylor's, his transfer at the semester makes perfect sense. I asked earlier and did not really get a response--how does he have his academic achievement evaluated when he transfers so late in the semester? Why not wait until the semester to ytransfer?

I think I would trust his parents to make sure that the grades part of his student life are handled correctly and that McCallie made sure as well. I bet they did.

Good post!!

BCB,

Now, with all that has been said and with a little back up research,,, I have reached a fairly significant conclusion... TJD chose to leave Baylor because Baylor has a philosophy that 8th graders could only challenge for a varsity position if there is not a High Schooler participating at that weight. TJ transfered to McCallie where he expects to be able to wrestle varsity. TJ is a very good wrestler who would beat many High Schoolers as an 8th grader. Makes sense to me.

Hope this helps and I appreciate your patience while I gathered the facts.

soms

Better late than never Soms, thanks for indeed getting back to me. There are a couple of things that I disagree with, so if I may. T J was born a great wrestler. Has been since the first time I saw him and his Posse at a Ridgeland Tournament. My boy was 4th grader and had to wrestle this lad that I had been hearing about. I scoped the room to see what the lad had and WHOOP THERE HE WAS. Three feet tall muscle coming out the wazoo and the skill level of a high schooler. His wrestling skill earned my respect the day. I wish him all the best and look foward ( well at least I think I look foward to ) seeing TJ and Tee go at it some more

NEW MAN LAW

Whoever starts a thread can end it. Let's put this puppy to sleep

bcb

Edited by bear cat brown

Better late than never Soms, thanks for indeed getting back to me. There are a couple of things that I disagree with, so if I may. T J was born a great wrestler. Has been since the first time I saw him and his Posse at a Ridgeland Tournament. My boy was 4th grader and had to wrestle this lad that I had been hearing about. I scoped the room to see what the lad had and WHOOP THERE HE WAS. Three feet tall muscle coming out the wazoo and the skill level of a high schooler. His wrestling skill earned my respect the day. I wish him all the best and look foward ( well at least I think I look foward to ) seeing TJ and Tee go at it some more

NEW MAN LAW

Whoever starts a thread can end it. Let's put this puppy to sleep

bcb

does McCallie take students anytime in the year? Would they take a student who is at Baylor, who doesn't play sports, but just unhappy and wants to go to McCallie midsemester?

Now you're just trying to stir things up. Let's respect BCB and as he said, "let's put this puppy to sleep." Good luck to TJ this year.