question for coach gat

drpelt

I'm new to the area and was in your gym awhile back and noticed several banners hanging in the gym. Looks like you've had some tradition there. Who was coaching then?

Kevin McMillian was there during the 90's. I believe during the 2000-2003 era was Gloria Walker. I'm not sure on how long either coach stayed but that's the tradition from the most recent years. They both had 20 plus win seasons. I think the best season was with Coach McMillian with a 30-4 record. We had a state championship back in 1928 but I wasn't even thought of then. Come to think about it, my mom wasn't even thought of then. My principal, although she doesn't talk about it, had some banners up there at one time too. I have a few more minutes before lunch break is over feel free to ask away.

Thanks, coach. I have heard they had some really good teams in the 90s. Where are Coach McMillan and Coach Walker now? Are they still coaching?

Coach Walker isn't coaching to my knowledge well... I think she is probably coaching her kids that play. She has two kids that are playing and they look like coaches kids. Coach McMillian is at MTSU. He was at Martin Westview and continued his winning tradition up there. I'm very impressed with what they were able to do here. I've got a lot to learn but that's the best part, knowing that and not afraid to admit it.

Coach Walker isn't coaching to my knowledge well... I think she is probably coaching her kids that play. She has two kids that are playing and they look like coaches kids. Coach McMillian is at MTSU. He was at Martin Westview and continued his winning tradition up there. I'm very impressed with what they were able to do here. I've got a lot to learn but that's the best part, knowing that and not afraid to admit it.

Sorry. This is off the subject, but yes, coachgat I had a post on the thread that is now locked. I tried to reply to you there but it is locked. Do you know why it was locked?

Sorry. This is off the subject, but yes, coachgat I had a post on the thread that is now locked. I tried to reply to you there but it is locked. Do you know why it was locked?

LOL. I'm so glad that you are real! I thought that I lost my mind. The post that you made really helped me during that storm of negative feedback. I don't know why it was locked but I'm glad that it was. I wish what you posted would have been on there because it made a lot of sense. The funny thing is, I really thought that I started to imagine someone would understand out of all of what was being said. I thought I was going to have my wife admit me. REALLY! I did a name search and everything for you but it would not come up. I thought I really lost it. That was probably the scariest moment of my life.