Bledsoe Football

bchswar

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone on here ever have anything positive to say? I know the program is not what it once was, and believe me I would like to see it turned around as much as everybody else, but let's give Hubert and the new superintendent a chance. Cletis has only been in his office for a few months and Hubert has not had the first day of practice yet, so why is everyone so certain that we need to run all of them off. Sometimes people will surprise you with what they can do if they are given a chance and a little support. I have not written in a little while because I would rather be positive than run everything down all the time... maybe some others could try it as well.

Does anyone on here ever have anything positive to say? I know the program is not what it once was, and believe me I would like to see it turned around as much as everybody else, but let's give Hubert and the new superintendent a chance. Cletis has only been in his office for a few months and Hubert has not had the first day of practice yet, so why is everyone so certain that we need to run all of them off. Sometimes people will surprise you with what they can do if they are given a chance and a little support. I have not written in a little while because I would rather be positive than run everything down all the time... maybe some others could try it as well.

Are you going to rejoin the coaching staff?

I've been nothing but positive.....The only thing I've said is that politics runs this school system, which is true.....

Well I don't see you, as a division 1-a college football player helping out anymore as you once did? If you had a son playing ball & he had a chance of making the step up to college, you wouldn't be saying that stuff...... As a leader of our High School Athletic Department, Johnny Boynton was supposed to hire the best coach that was avalible to help our kids susceed in Life first, School, & on the Football... I see your so confident in Hubert that you are not helping as you did with coach Boynton, & No way anyone can say that the best person for the childern of this county was hired, you can't say that as no one was interviewed...... We all know why Hubert got the job, who is big buddies with Clettis? Who is Big buddies with Coach Boynton? Someone's daddy is, wonder who???????? I have stated before my kids will never play ball for Hubert & I also heard several top 8th grade players' families say there kids would never play for Hubert..... I also know a starter from this years team that said he would not play for Hubert, he was over this weekend at my house visiting my family and told me that personally..... Why do our kids deserve this, so someone can get there back patted my kids have to have a 3rd rate coach if they play in Pikeville?

I am still waiting on my previous post. Who is the highest local official that is being referred to that is about to stand up and make a change. Maybe if we knew who was being talked about we could get involved and at least give them some encouragement. Also, I heard again Saturday the same rumor about a very interesting position for a very interesting person. Anyone else heard that one. I have no way of finding out for sure, but this spring might be more fun to watch than we thought.

As far as people being only negative, I know I am older than most on this board, but I was always taught that people were supposed to be honest. If there are people that do not want to hear the truth, then please do not read my posts.

I have no intentions of coaching. I think I know a little about football and about strength and conditioning, but who would want to work and try to help with this situation when everyone wants it to turn out bad. Everyone is so convinced that the new administration and staff can not do the job that they probably can't. I have said about all I care to on here, as I can see no one acually wants to help, they only want to run down those that are trying.

well after being away for a few days it seems that nothing has changed, i am not going to change my stance that politics are behind all the hires going on, at church sunday night i had the opportunity to speak with my board member face to face and explain what i felt was going on and that small town politics was and had already been the decline of this county. i told him that i didn't like the way cletis was put in office, the way that mr boynton got the job and i sure thought the latest coach was a bad joke. i also asked if there wasn't some law about not interviewing people. his comment as it has been from day one was that local politics had called the shots on all three of those hires. i asked him who he was referring to and he stated to look at the highest ranking officials and then who tells them what to do and you would find the answer. I also asked about the rumor of someone coming in to run the athletic program and he told me a name that was very interesting considering the political climate of these hires. It would definatley shake things up in Pikeville if he would get involved again.

Pikevol, I do understand where you are comming from on that aspect, but the people of this community are OUTRAGED at the way our kids ( mine & yours and everyone else's in the community) are being given a 3rd rate oppertunity..... The entire school system here is run by the I'll pat you back system. I had a cousin that graduated a couple of years ago in the top 10 in her class, and had to take 9 remidial courses because the classes was not up to the latest standards..... I have been following the football program since I graduated in the early 1990's, I watched Warrior ball since I was a kid, listen to it every Saturday Morning on WUAT while out with my grand pa, I know what it means to be a Warrior & to have Pride in the Warriors, but now as a adult, I look back & see that ( with the exception of a couple of years) we have been a 3rd rate program since the late 1980's...... Why is that? John Swafford left & who was the new coach? Quay & he never won more than 4 games a year, then Dickie Brown cam in for 8 years or so and had 2 good seasons ( in a weaker division, not the Sequatchie Valley I might ad) Then we all was glad Johnny Boynton was comming back and as I remember it the community rallied around him, YOU & MIKE were going to help with the weight program & conditioning & what has Johnny Boynton done??? Beat Dunlap 1 year and Dunlap didn't win a game that year? Won 6 Ball Games in 4 years or something......... Hubert was his right hand man all them years, if Hubert is so dang good why didn't he step up in any of them bad years and say this or that needs changed???? You know & all of the fans of the Blue & Gold know that they are making a JOKE of the kids of this community, we pay of taxes so our kids can go to school in a 3rd rate school system, or kids get a 3rd rate athletic program, but our administration gets 1st class pay :angry: ........... That's the Bledsoe County Way, I can not support a discission made wher no one was interviewed, or even asked if anyone more qualified would even be intrested in the job. That is just a farce to see that go on and expect people to be quiet about it & go with the "PIKEVILLE FLOW"...... Well that might have worked with generations in the past, but go to a Little Blue Game or a Dixie Youth Baseball Game and see where the parnents are today, they are involved in trying to make it better for our kids than we had it, we know these things went on & thats why we got a 3rd rate education & had 3rd rate coaches, & we are not going to stand by quit and let it happend to our kids as it was done to us........... I just want what is best for our kids and getting hammered 7 or 8 games a year can not build self esteam, or self worth & as long as the current administration keeps patting there buddies back that is exactly what we will have................. You may not like what I have said but it sure as heck was the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well after being away for a few days it seems that nothing has changed, i am not going to change my stance that politics are behind all the hires going on, at church sunday night i had the opportunity to speak with my board member face to face and explain what i felt was going on and that small town politics was and had already been the decline of this county. i told him that i didn't like the way cletis was put in office, the way that mr boynton got the job and i sure thought the latest coach was a bad joke. i also asked if there wasn't some law about not interviewing people. his comment as it has been from day one was that local politics had called the shots on all three of those hires. i asked him who he was referring to and he stated to look at the highest ranking officials and then who tells them what to do and you would find the answer. I also asked about the rumor of someone coming in to run the athletic program and he told me a name that was very interesting considering the political climate of these hires. It would definatley shake things up in Pikeville if he would get involved again.

I guess the rumor I have been hearing is correct. Is the gentleman you are referring to interested? Has he actually been contacted or is that just something that they are talking about? If someone could get him interested I don't think there is any doubt about him being able to turn things around. If he is interested and has been talked to, who do we need to start contacting? Do we need to contact our board members, commissioners, superintendent, county executive, or who? I have said before, I am not tied in with these folks but I don't care to give them a call and speak my piece.