Region 6-5A in 2007

lostfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Indy win that game?

Against the Hoover Buccanneers of MTV fame?

Not a chance.

First, Alabama 6A football is an entirely different level at times. The best teams from TN would be able to compete, but Indy may not even be the best team in their region, much less class 5A.

When you watch Hoover on MTV, you may think to yourself, "these guys aren't that great." You're right--the guys they profile on Two-A-Days aren't the best players, merely the players most succeptible to drama and the players that can most easily be incoporated to the non-football storylines that dominate the show. Hoover's team is filled with D1 prospects...think Byrnes (S.C.), only deeper and better.

That Byrnes team OBLITERATED M.B.A. in that game. That was brutal. Cordell actually got some play in the garbage minutes of that game and threw for two TDs.

Just some thoughts.

Devlin Sheffield (#48) was a senior this past year that played middle linebacker and made the Honorable Mention Team for All-Region 6-5A.

Edited by donathan5507

Against the Hoover Buccanneers of MTV fame?

Not a chance.

First, Alabama 6A football is an entirely different level at times. The best teams from TN would be able to compete, but Indy may not even be the best team in their region, much less class 5A.

When you watch Hoover on MTV, you may think to yourself, "these guys aren't that great." You're right--the guys they profile on Two-A-Days aren't the best players, merely the players most succeptible to drama and the players that can most easily be incoporated to the non-football storylines that dominate the show. Hoover's team is filled with D1 prospects...think Byrnes (S.C.), only deeper and better.

That Byrnes team OBLITERATED M.B.A. in that game. That was brutal. Cordell actually got some play in the garbage minutes of that game and threw for two TDs.

Just some thoughts.

Devlin Sheffield (#48) was a senior this past year that played middle linebacker and made the Honorable Mention Team for All-Region 6-5A.

My point exactly. I just wanted to make sure no one stepped up declaring it a "close game, but I think Indy could have a chance"

Edited by CHS 2007

Thanks for the info i used to coach him in franklin for the cowboys and i didn't know what ever happend to him

Great football player...last year he ran the fastest 40 on the team and led the team in tackles (95) from the OLB spot. This year, he beefed up (Bench over 300) and settled in as a stud MLB. Had a minor knee injury in the preseason that really affected his speed.