Region 6-5A in 2007

lostfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that this year was a very interesting year for this region. Next year i belive Indy will be the hot team But they will have alot of competiton in brentwood here is how i think it will look.

Indy

Brentwood

Franklin

Ravenwood

dickson county

centennial

columbia

clarksville NE

Lost...please explain your Brentwood rank!

I agree with you for the most part. INDY and FHS will be near the top of the region. I believe Dickson Co. may have another decent year next season. After that...I see some teams that will stuggle to find an identity, although BHS and RHS are well-coached and that seems to make a difference for those programs.

Lost...please explain your Brentwood rank!

I agree with you for the most part. INDY and FHS will be near the top of the region. I believe Dickson Co. may have another decent year next season. After that...I see some teams that will stuggle to find an identity, although BHS and RHS are well-coached and that seems to make a difference for those programs.

DC is losing most if not all of that enormous o-line they had to make shayne rayburn look good and most of them played o-line as well as d-line thus i don't think they will have a year like they did this year. Brentwood is returning many players and yes i know they have lost alot of talent and leadership to graduation btut you have to look at what al of the younger players achieved this year. Franklin is always up there no matter what. I think Ravenwood has had all the air blown out of them this year after having to come back from a bad start early in the season i don't think they will have the players to take them back to the show for three years in a row i expect them to have a decent season but not anything like the past few years. Indy is returning most of their key players only losing 5 key seniors thus they will probably be the best team to come out of region 6 but you never really know untill after that first game. It should be another great year in our region.

DC is losing most if not all of that enormous o-line they had to make shayne rayburn look good and most of them played o-line as well as d-line thus i don't think they will have a year like they did this year. Brentwood is returning many players and yes i know they have lost alot of talent and leadership to graduation btut you have to look at what al of the younger players achieved this year. Franklin is always up there no matter what. I think Ravenwood has had all the air blown out of them this year after having to come back from a bad start early in the season i don't think they will have the players to take them back to the show for three years in a row i expect them to have a decent season but not anything like the past few years. Indy is returning most of their key players only losing 5 key seniors thus they will probably be the best team to come out of region 6 but you never really know untill after that first game. It should be another great year in our region.

lol, "make shane rayburn look good". Are you saying that he isn't good?an o-line is very important to a running back, however, Rayburn always made the first person miss. He was the best running back in the region this year and will be again next year followed by Pettigrew from Indy.

Rayburn will have a younger O-Line to lead him this year, and he will put up some numbers, but he won't have the year he had this year.

As far as predicted order of finish, I really don't want to do that yet as there is still alot in the air, i.e. Centennial's new coach, Franklin's QB situation, Ravenwood's coaching staff, whether or not Zac Cordell decides to pay for his stuff...There is still alot of stuff in the air that could have major implications for next year. Until that stuff is decided, I won't go too deep into this one.

Rayburn will have a younger O-Line to lead him this year, and he will put up some numbers, but he won't have the year he had this year.

As far as predicted order of finish, I really don't want to do that yet as there is still alot in the air, i.e. Centennial's new coach, Franklin's QB situation, Ravenwood's coaching staff, whether or not Zac Cordell decides to pay for his stuff...There is still alot of stuff in the air that could have major implications for next year. Until that stuff is decided, I won't go too deep into this one.

What's the word on the coaching search?

Bruins main priority in the off-season will be to find a new QB that can make the famous passing attack click. Matt Hayes was efficient at QB, but didn't have the arm his predecessors had at that position, and the bar is set higher than any school in the county. He was the first Bruin QB not to get a D-1 scholarship for football in ten years. What he did well was intelligently run the Bruin offense, and was a better running threat than passing.

He played out of position (he was their top returning receiver going into the season) for the year. Because of that limitation, the Bruins stayed more on the ground than at any time in the last decade. It will also bear watching offensively in which direction they go, as Jack Daniels has moved on to Page.

They lose some key people in the backfield and some on the line, but for the first time in a long time they will have more people returning than they lost. Traditionally, they've graduated some 20 plus seniors with about 80% being starters. They go into the off-season looking, like everyone else, to get bigger and stronger. Plus, there needs to be some real maturity growth with some talented players.

The Bruins have very good talent in the underclassmen, and a large number of them started or saw significant action the past season.

Crawford and company do as good a job as anyone in getting the most out of their talent. Look for the Bruins to be right there in the mix as usual.

I was just wondering i heard a rumor that Independence was gonna play the hoover alabama team? Does anyone know if this is true?

Untrue. Indy's three non-region games are BA, MBA, and Ensworth. Coach Smith doesn't want anyone to be able to criticize their schedule this year.

Indy returns everyone but Hazzard, Martin, Grigsby, Haney, Darnell, and Sheffield as far as starters go.

lol, "make shane rayburn look good". Are you saying that he isn't good?an o-line is very important to a running back, however, Rayburn always made the first person miss. He was the best running back in the region this year and will be again next year followed by Pettigrew from Indy.

Maybe but dont count out the upcoming sophmore from franklin Keylo Lee i hear great things about this kid.