CENTENNIAL VS. BRENTWOOD

CHS 2007

After a lopsided loss against Franklin, the 6-5 Centennial Cougars travel accross the border to face the 6-2 Brentwood Bruins.

After a hot start, Centennial has cooled down as of late, losing 3 of their last 4. They are 0-3 in the region and need a big win to help build momentum. Drew Kelly is carrying the load for the Cougars, averaging just over 20 points a game. The rest of the team seems to be playing inconsistently as of late, and need guys like Scales and McFarland to step it up a little.

After a cold start, Brentwood has won 6 straight and is coming off a highlight win over previously undefeated Independence. No one really considered them a region favorite, but the Bruins have answered the critics and are #1 in the region. B-Wood is led by seniors Patrick Price and Matt Harris as well as 6'5" sophomore Kyle Teichman.

Brentwood has alot of size and has caused alot of problems down low this season. Not really a perimeter team (good news for Centennial). However, Centennial has dominated the inside game this year, so like the other teams, they will have a tough time getting past Kelly and Harris.

Centennial just needs to play smarter ball. Turnovers killed the Cougars last night and the defense was allowing guys to get wide open. Coach Kelly said that a zone defense might come into the gameplan for the Cougars, which would definitely benefit them against the inside game of Brentwood.

The key to the game for Brentwood will be their point game. They haven't really had to rely on that much this year, but Kelly and Harris will give them trouble in the paint. Brentwood needs to keep it outside and find some guys that will make shots.

They key to the game for Centennial will be the the role players, guys like Byrd, McFarland, Scales, and McLemore. These guys need to have big games in order for Centennial to have a chance. Right now, each of guys have been inconsistent and have gone through a hot/cold cycle a few times over the course of the season.

Should be a good game as well as a close game. What do you guys think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood has a very good shooting team they score more outside than in. Harris and Price are both good outside shooters and Teichman can score inside or out. The 6'4" kid that comes off the bench is a very good outside shooter. Brentwood has 7 or 8 kids averaging from 6 to 13 points per game. Very well balanced. Did you watch the game against Indy. They probably hit 10 3 pointers.

Those are the positives for Brentwood saying that they must improve their inside defense before they can be considered a contender for the district. Kelly will be a good test for them.

This district will probably come down to Franklin taking first ,Hillsboro and Indy battling it out for 2nd.

Centennial gets credit for the most active fan base on coacht.

I think the Brentwood - Centennial game will be very close could go either way. I will be surprised if either team loses by more than 6.

Edited by HSbballfan21

Brentwood has a very good shooting team they score more outside than in. Harris and Price are both good outside shooters and Teichman can score inside or out. The 6'4" kid that comes off the bench is a very good outside shooter. Brentwood has 7 or 8 kids averaging from 6 to 13 points per game. Very well balanced. Did you watch the game against Indy. They probably hit 10 3 pointers.

Those are the positives for Brentwood saying that they must improve their inside defense before they can be considered a contender for the district. Kelly will be a good test for them.

This district will probably come down to Franklin taking first ,Hillsboro and Indy battling it out for 2nd.

Centennial gets credit for the most active fan base on coacht.

I think the Brentwood - Centennial game will be very close could go either way. I will be surprised if either team loses by more than 6.

I looked on the Tennessean and it only credited Brentwood with 2 3PT Field Goals made in that game. I've also watched Teichman in a couple of games and it didn't look like he had a great outside shot. They way they handled Luttrell, Bug and Drew should walk all over them in the paint. However, they can't do it all, and they need the outside shooters to step it up. P-Byrd needs that performance he had at Indy and Allante needs to find his shot again. If we get our outside game going again, we will have a great chance to win.

You are correct the Tennessean credits Brentwood with two threes against Indy. The Tennessean shows they made 7 last night in a loss against Madisonville Ky. Against Ravenwood they made 5. Against Indy they hit a lot of shots that must have been just inside the 3 point range. My point was they are a good shooting team.

The real test for Brentwood is Tuesday night against Hillsboro anyway.

I watched the Centenniel Franklin game on channel three Centennial got blown out, Franklin had Sophomores playing in the first quarter.

If you guys beat Brentwood your still a 500 team at best in 11aaa. Centenniel is no threat to Franklin or Hillsboro or Indy all who have beaten you by double figures. Good luck I hope you guys can turn your season around.

Edited by HSbballfan21

You are correct the Tennessean credits Brentwood with two threes against Indy. The Tennessean shows they made 7 last night in a loss against Madisonville Ky. Against Ravenwood they made 5. Against Indy they hit a lot of shots that must have been just inside the 3 point range. My point was they are a good shooting team.

The real test for Brentwood is Tuesday night against Hillsboro anyway.

I watched the Centenniel Franklin game on channel three Centennial got blown out, Franklin had Sophomores playing in the first quarter.

If you guys beat Brentwood your still a 500 team at best in 11aaa. Centenniel is no threat to Franklin or Hillsboro or Indy all who have beaten you by double figures. Good luck I hope you guys can turn your season around.

Either way, Brentwood will still need to rely on their outside shooting this Friday. Centennial actually has a strong defense down low, but the teams that have beaten us this year have done it from the outside. I heard we might be going to the zone, which might keep the players from straying away from their assignments.

The sophomores that were playing are actually regular players for the team (if you mean Young and Kegarise)

CHS 2007 sounds like you are writing these post for the Brentwood team to read. Your really going to play man and press the whole game right lol. Well good luck to both teams.

Brentwood better be ready for Hillsboro Tuesday they are very good this year.

Predicted 11aaa finish

1. Franklin 1 L in district

2. Indy 2 L

3. Hillsboro

4. ???

Edited by HSbballfan21

maybye i miss read the tenneasean the other day, but i thougt i guy from bwood hit 14 three's in the indy game, i think they said his name was shuamaocker or something. i could be totally wrong on this one

shoemaker is on the girls' team at brentwood, but the guys probably did have about 10-12 three pointers.