CENTENNIAL VS. BRENTWOOD

CHS 2007

shoemaker is on the girls' team at brentwood, but the guys probably did have about 10-12 three pointers.

about the indy-brentwood game, i say it was a fluke.... brentwood shot nearly 85 percent in the first three quarters and over 75 for the game, and only won by 6. usually if a good team shoots that well, they'll blow out the team they're playing... not taking away from brentwood, just saying that unless that shoot that well all the time, i don't think they can hang with the big boys.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the indy-brentwood game, i say it was a fluke.... brentwood shot nearly 85 percent in the first three quarters and over 75 for the game, and only won by 6. usually if a good team shoots that well, they'll blow out the team they're playing... not taking away from brentwood, just saying that unless that shoot that well all the time, i don't think they can hang with the big boys.

I compeltly agree... The IHS v. BHS was crazy, IHS hung in there with a team who shot over 75% for a game.. Thats unbelieveable.. BHS v. CHS.. Honestly I see CHS by 2.. in OT.. Close game

Sounds like lots of sour grapes, Brentwood won, nobody thought they would but they did. Get over it. They did not shoot 75 % for the game, not even close. They must have missed 10-15 ft's in the game as well or the game would have been a real blowout. They controlled the game from start to finish most of the time double digit lead.

Why are Indy fans still talking about the Brentwood game? You better be thinking about Franklin and Hillsboro. It looks bad when a team loses one game and starts making all type of excuses why they lost. I know you want Brentwood to lose so do I. But if and I say if Brentwood somehow beats Franklin I will not get on here and wine about how it was such a fluke to have lost to them.

Sounds like lots of sour grapes, Brentwood won, nobody thought they would but they did. Get over it. They did not shoot 75 % for the game, not even close. They must have missed 10-15 ft's in the game as well or the game would have been a real blowout. They controlled the game from start to finish most of the time double digit lead.

Why are Indy fans still talking about the Brentwood game? You better be thinking about Franklin and Hillsboro. It looks bad when a team loses one game and starts making all type of excuses why they lost. I know you want Brentwood to lose so do I. But if and I say if Brentwood somehow beats Franklin I will not get on here and wine about how it was such a fluke to have lost to them.

But they didn't make those free throws, and it wasn't a blowout. The point is Independence was in striking distance all night, and at no point did anyone walk out thinking the game was over. And alot of people thought Brentwood would win. Everyone agreed that it would be a close game, and it was. Whatever the number was, Brentwood shot well all night, and did make about 80-85% of their shots in the first half. This is no fluke loss. Brentwood is a very good team and deserved their win.

You're correct, they didn't shoot 75%.

They shot 79%.

This was confirmed in the official score book...so unless you have a source that you consider to be more accurate, we'll stick with it.

I think Brentwood missed more FT than they did FG. They missed 9 shots all game.

You're correct, they didn't shoot 75%.

They shot 79%.

This was confirmed in the official score book...so unless you have a source that you consider to be more accurate, we'll stick with it.

I think Brentwood missed more FT than they did FG. They missed 9 shots all game.

Actually saw the game on Channel 9 and this was a totally different Brentwood team than what I saw in previous games. I just seemed like they were automatic from the field; they just couldn't miss. Centennial will need to pressure them, take them one on one and force them to go inside. I think if it's a paint battle, Centennial will win.

chs2007 first you going to play a zone then you going to play Brentwood man to man. lol which one is it. I hope you kill them cause then we will have the district all to ourselfs. But even if Brentwood beats Hillsboro (which i doubt) and centennial which is very possible. Franklin will blow Brentwood out. I see a 20 point win easy.

Edited by HSbballfan21

HS, first off. Do you really think Hillsboro can beat Brentwood? They're 4-6 right now, with one quality win over Centennial. Second of all, it really sounds like there is some bias here. Brentwood deserves all the credit in the world for their win against Indy. Yes, Franklin might be the region's best, but that doesn't mean Independence isn't a tough team to beat. They are a serious threat in the region. Plus Brentwood is first place in the region, so they probably would like some credit.

And I wouldn't get too cocky about the Franklin vs. Brentwood game. Two tough teams-it will NOT be a blowout.

CHS 2007

Hillsboro has lost to the best teams in the mid-state, Franklin in OT, Whites Creek and Antioch. I give Independence lots of credit they are a very good team. If Franklin loses a game it will probably be to Independence. I am not biased against Brentwood I just dont think they will have any chance against Franklin.

Edited by HSbballfan21

donathan5507 what the heck does that say about indy's defense. Brentwood was able to get very good shots against you guys.

I never said it reflected well on Indy's defense. All I did was post statistics. If you're looking for sour grapes, you've got the wrong person. Brentwood outplayed Indy for the first 29 minutes and still did enough to hang on for the win. Good teams find a way to win and Brentwood did that.

Did Independence turn the ball over several times down the stretch and blow their chance at OT? Certainly. But who's to say that once Indy tied it up, Brentwood wouldn't have won...they were playing a stall in the 4th quarter. Had they been forced to revert to the style of basketball that they played in the first three quarters, it's certainly hard to say Indy would have won.

Just some thoughts.