Bartlett vs Memphis Central

coachgat

No disrespect to either team, but Bartlett at full strength to begin the game gives Central an early knock out punch and it's over. Bartlett jumped out to an 8-0 lead before Central "forced" some turnovers and keep it close. I was wondering why Herring was out, and with her in the game, it probably could have been a different game. My observation is that the whole team plays ... 'tougher' when she is on the floor. Jasmine James did all she could, but with Thompson sitting out a good part of the second quarter in foul trouble that was an awful huge load for her to carry on her shoulders. Central pulled away slightly before the half ended with James and Thompson on the bench. The only one of their "fantastic four" that was on the floor when Central scored probably 10-12 in a row was Walker.

From Central's perspective, they could have folded when they got down early, even though 8 points down is nothing to get worried about. Their relentless pressure kept forcing key turn overs even to the end when Bartlett tried to make a final push. Great Game from two very good teams. They, along with Millington, and most likely Memphis Northside again, are going to make for some exciting playoffs in Memphis come February. :angry::lol:

When I saw her walking to the bench with her coat on, I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she was sick. My heart dropped. I was like man, that's not good. Especially since I had my mind set on seeing all of them play again. Ashley's ball handling, defense and just poise during pressure situations are some of her many values she brings to the team. Get well soon Ashley.

I hope Olivia's foot and LaTesa's knee is better heading into the Christmas Tournament. :)

thanks! I hope so too.

Edited by coachgat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie.... I see by your other posts you are a Millington football fan. Maybe you should stick to that? :D:thumb:

Am on some sort of restriction or something?.... Seriously, Bartlett fans have always had an unrealistic view of reality. They had some incredible boys teams under Hubie in the 90's and early 2000's. But that well has been dry for a few years. The Football TEAM has been mediocre at it's very best since the mid 90's and the Girls Basketball team has always been an afterthough untill recently. They are the class of 14aaa right now, but that is going to be short lived. Coach GAT is in the process of getting the Lady Trojans back on top. You remember the 7 year stretch when Bartlett didn't beat the Lady Trojans don't you?.......0-17? Was that the record??.. It may have been even worse than that. I may be predating you with some of that info though. You very well may have in Grade School during the early to mid 90's

Am on some sort of restriction or something?.... Seriously, Bartlett fans have always had an unrealistic view of reality. They had some incredible boys teams under Hubie in the 90's and early 2000's. But that well has been dry for a few years. The Football TEAM has been mediocre at it's very best since the mid 90's and the Girls Basketball team has always been an afterthough untill recently. They are the class of 14aaa right now, but that is going to be short lived. Coach GAT is in the process of getting the Lady Trojans back on top. You remember the 7 year stretch when Bartlett didn't beat the Lady Trojans don't you?.......0-17? Was that the record??.. It may have been even worse than that. I may be predating you with some of that info though. You very well may have in Grade School during the early to mid 90's

Why is this site full of people bashing people for the team that they like? It's amazing how you never hear anything from anybody about Millington until this year when they are winning games again. Didn't the girls team for Millington DRY up for a few years as well. Now they are winning basketball games and you get on here and start bashing Bartlett. No Pun attended Coachgat. Why is it ok that you can talk about your team but when in this case BHS is having a good year you have to get on here and find something negative to say about them. I don't understand this and never will. But you are in the same situation of what you have said above. Millington has been an afterthought in both boys and girls basketball lately and now that you are winning a few games ya'll are coming out and letting everybody know now. And if i'm not mistaken this isn't the early 90's anymore so whatever happen back then has nothing to do with any of the kids playing right now.

Congratulations to both teams. Sounds like it was a hard fought game. It's not the state championship, so a loss is just a loss. Sure, with Ashley Herring things will likely be different, and it is very likely Bartlett will get a chance to avenge their loss in a few weeks at the Collierville tournament. Bartlett should have no trouble getting to the finals--the top bracket is not exactly packed with tough teams. Central may have more of a struggle depending on what game Millington and White Station bring and also Houston and Clarksville Northeast. Playing a tough game like the one last night will only make Central and Bartlett stronger, so that if they do get to Murfreesboro, they will be able to face tho middle TN machine with more weapons.

bhscoach...... You are right.... sorta.... The boys basketball program at Millington has indeed been an afterthought for a very long time. I can only remember a handfull of winning seasons in the past 20 years. In 1988 under David Terrell, a couple under Matt Bakke in the 90's and maybe once under the Late Cecil Dowell in the late 90's early 2000. They are working hard to get there this year. The girls program on the other hand has only recently fell on hard times. There was a dramatic drop off with that programafter Kevin Mcmillan left for Martin WestView and Bartlett Alum (Russell Dykes) who succeded him at Millington left to go back to bartlett. Even during this "Drop Off" there were years that Millington was very competitive under Gloria Walker. (Who's Daughter is the Starting post at Bartlett). The program hit rock bottom the last couple of years and Coach Gatlin has done a GREAT job in picking up the pieces and begining the rebuilding of what was once a proud Program. His Lady Trojans are 10-1 right now and look to be the biggest road block for your Lady Panthers. As I stated previously, I think that this years version of the Lady Panthers is GOOD....Not Great...

BUT DON'T TAKE THIS AS AN INSULT!!!!... From all of the teams that I have seen here in West Tennessee this year, I have not seen a GREAT Team.. I think that the power in the state this year probably rests in Middle to East Tennessee this year in AAA. This is normally the case. In fact for the vast majority of the last 20 plus years this has been the case with few exceptions.

Why is this site full of people bashing people for the team that they like? It's amazing how you never hear anything from anybody about Millington until this year when they are winning games again. Didn't the girls team for Millington DRY up for a few years as well. Now they are winning basketball games and you get on here and start bashing Bartlett. No Pun attended Coachgat. Why is it ok that you can talk about your team but when in this case BHS is having a good year you have to get on here and find something negative to say about them. I don't understand this and never will. But you are in the same situation of what you have said above. Millington has been an afterthought in both boys and girls basketball lately and now that you are winning a few games ya'll are coming out and letting everybody know now. And if i'm not mistaken this isn't the early 90's anymore so whatever happen back then has nothing to do with any of the kids playing right now.

I'm assuming you were talking about someone else bashing Bartlett. I've never bashed any school on here. If I don't have anything positive to say about another school, I won't say anything. I'm cheering for my 14AAA schools. You are right about nothing being said about Millington until now. I started talking about it because no one else would and got a lot of negative feedback because of that. I understand that I may have rubbed some people the wrong way, but I know what I had last year and I wanted people to understand that we got a lot accomplished this summer. It's almost time to watch "Quantum Leap". Some may know what I'm talking about, if you have been following my post from August. We have a lot to work on and we aren't where I want us to be yet. Being that we are young, we have to work at being more consistent. One day we have 15 at the half and the very next day we have 49 at the half. I have a problem with that...We will get better, if we stay hungry and focused.

Congratulations to both teams. Sounds like it was a hard fought game. It's not the state championship, so a loss is just a loss. Sure, with Ashley Herring things will likely be different, and it is very likely Bartlett will get a chance to avenge their loss in a few weeks at the Collierville tournament. Bartlett should have no trouble getting to the finals--the top bracket is not exactly packed with tough teams. Central may have more of a struggle depending on what game Millington and White Station bring and also Houston and Clarksville Northeast. Playing a tough game like the one last night will only make Central and Bartlett stronger, so that if they do get to Murfreesboro, they will be able to face tho middle TN machine with more weapons.

Good post Sweetbrains99.... :D

Enough of this stroll down memory lane. This ain’t the 80’s or the 90’s. This season is not a month old and there is a lot of Basketball to be played and a lot of factors will determine who is playing in March. Good luck to all the Shelby Metro teams. :D

Good post Sweetbrains99.... :D

Enough of this stroll down memory lane. This ain’t the 80’s or the 90’s. This season is not a month old and there is a lot of Basketball to be played and a lot of factors will determine who is playing in March. Good luck to all the Shelby Metro teams. :D

Well Said; 'enuff' said! :D:D;)

Bartlett fans really kill me... Your team got beat. Stop whining about FULL SPEED this and FULL SPEED that.... Central was the better team tonight. You will probably meet again. But, reality is Ya'll are a Good team, nothing more, and nothing less. The teams in Middle and EAST Tn are not shaking in their boots when thinking of you, that's for sure.

I don't see how what DUKnowGame said could be taken as whining.

Enough else has been said on the topic so all I'll add is may Bartlett and Millington represent 14-AAA in the sub-state this year and move on to the tournament.