Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Gleason holds off Union City late to win 41-37.......

Gleason had opened the third quarter on a 11-1 run that had opened a 19-17 lead to 30-18 with about 2 mins left to go in the third quarter....Union City then responded with a 13-0 run that ended the third and start of the fourth quarter to go ahead 31-30..Union City had a 2pt 35-33 lead with about 2 mins to go in the game and had Ward on the line for a one & one,but she missed the front end...The two were tied at 37 after a Allison McCullough shot,but Gleason came down and Taylor Stout hit a lay-up off a feed from Kayla Hudson with 3 secs to play to take a 39-37 lead...Hudson hit two free throws with 2 secs after a Union City turnover to make the final score 41-37...Hudson led Gleason in scoring with 21 points and hit on 12 of 12 free throws....Stout's shot with two secs was Gleason's only field goal of the fourth quarter....

Union City Scoring-

Robinson-10pts

Ward-16pts

McCullough-11pts

Gleason Scoring-

Hudson-21pts

Edited by backinthaoc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, if that happens they will definately know they can take any single A team in the state and they will deserve the number 1 spot

Same answer as before:

They may be #1 in some poll, but neither RBS nor ClarkRange could beat Collinwood, Summertown, and Possibly 1 or 2 other Southern Tennessee 1A teams. So stop thinking that basketball is only played in NorthCentral Tennessee. :rolleyes:

Ka CHow

Same answer as before:

They may be #1 in some poll, but neither RBS nor ClarkRange could beat Collinwood, Summertown, and Possibly 1 or 2 other Southern Tennessee 1A teams. So stop thinking that basketball is only played in NorthCentral Tennessee. :rolleyes:

Ka CHow

Did anyone from R.B.S. say they should be number 1 in the polls,I don't think so?

Pretty bold statement and we don't worry about polls.

My BOLD STATEMENT was just in response to your fans stating that the winner of the CR/RBS game was the best team in the state. Sounds like some up there are taking the roll the Devil and several JC fans took last year. We all remember the Crow they ate. And this year is different in that last year JC did have the best team in the state, especially with Summertown and Collinwood being injured. But JC did not win it, as so boldly predicted. This year, there are at least 3 southern Tenneessee teams better than anyone in D7, if everyone stays healthy. Just my opinion.

Good luck to your team. :rolleyes:

Did anyone from R.B.S. say they should be number 1 in the polls,I don't think so?

Ya, I think it was ClarkRange fans. But I did wake you up Muffin with my post. Do everyone a favor and beat ClarkRange by 30 so that we can just argue between ourselves.

Take care and good luck to both teams. And stay healthy and have a great Christmas Season. :rolleyes: