District 2-AA

Shotdoc

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count GP out just yet. They have experience(McCroskey, Taylor, and Gray), athleticism(Dyer and Pittser), and a new coach who has the entire school energized. If they can find some depth (say a few players of the 03 east region middle school runner up), GP may very well give a team like Pigeon Forge all they can handle.

I agree, I think they could be a very improved ball club this year. Those guys you named are all good players and have a lot of experience. I think they will definately be capable of beating anyone in the league. The question will come down to do they have enough depth to be consistent in a very balanced and tough district.

Are they adding some new faces? What about Franklin, shouldn't he be one of teh top guards this year?

I agree, I think they could be a very improved ball club this year. Those guys you named are all good players and have a lot of experience. I think they will definately be capable of beating anyone in the league. The question will come down to do they have enough depth to be consistent in a very balanced and tough district.

Are they adding some new faces? What about Franklin, shouldn't he be one of teh top guards this year?

Franklin is not playing this year. He is focusing on football and baseball this year.

I agree with the statement of "not putting all of your eggs in one basket", but this is a high school kid we're talking about. A "kid" who needs to enjoy playing every sport he can. Focusing on a sport is good, but take it from me. Quiting one to focus on another is not always a good thing. I once knew an athlete who did the same thing. He missed out on a winning season and spending time with his friends during his senior season. He told me "if i had it all to do over, i would have played". Focusing on the future is vital. But we live in the NOW! Enjoy being a kid. Enjoy high school!!

Agitator JR

Considering that multiple colleges are looking at Franklin in those two sports and not basketball I think "FOCUS" is an appropriate word.

then focus it is ...i guess ...i just hate to see him not play basketball ....he could do both and still get to the batting cage plenty

My preseason predictions are:

1. Claiborne

2. Pigeon Forge

3. Rutledge

4. Cumberland Gap

5. Union County

6. Gatlinburg

The team I think that has the potential to make a big appearance this year is Cumberland Gap. Even thought they lost a very good pg and C, last year they at half the time would only have the C or pg one out there and the other 4 players. They had 2 or 3 men that could come off the bench and keep the tempo and out hustled alot of teams.

PF looked good against Maryville last night. Woodrick and Harper both played extremely well. Harper was a nice surprise with his increased athleticism and ability to knock down the mid range jumper and finish around the rim. Guards played well and there seemed to be little drop off when subs were made. Depth at post could still be a problem for PF as the year plays out.

Maryville looked strong. Played hard and shot it well, had some nice size inside. They will definately be a team to beat when they get their football guys back. I dont know who they are missing besides Maples, but I was very impressed with what they had without those guys

PF looked good against Maryville last night. Woodrick and Harper both played extremely well. Harper was a nice surprise with his increased athleticism and ability to knock down the mid range jumper and finish around the rim. Guards played well and there seemed to be little drop off when subs were made. Depth at post could still be a problem for PF as the year plays out.

Maryville looked strong. Played hard and shot it well, had some nice size inside. They will definately be a team to beat when they get their football guys back. I dont know who they are missing besides Maples, but I was very impressed with what they had without those guys

I thought both teams looked good considering they have only had about a week to practice....

Not having Aaron Douglas out there makes Maryville much weaker. He's a man among boys plus adding an SEC caliber athlete in Maples raises them to another level.