Davidson Academy cupcake schedule

ashjan44

I understand that when you graduate the majority of your team and you're going to be down, you want to schedule selectively. But when you're competing in DII and you're used to competing in a good A district before going to DII I don't know how it's helping you get better by playing the following teams:

Zion christian(2), merrol hyde(2), webb school, tipton-rosemark, fayette academy, hermitage springs, david brainerd christian(2), columbia academy(2), st. andrews sewanee.

They have the option of playing all DII teams twice but don't except for ensworth. Seems you'll improve more maybe losing to harpeth hall by 10 than beating merrol hyde by 50. I guess they're sorry that college heights closed or that could be 2 more wins. I hear pioneer christian still has a few open dates.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that when you graduate the majority of your team and you're going to be down, you want to schedule selectively. But when you're competing in DII and you're used to competing in a good A district before going to DII I don't know how it's helping you get better by playing the following teams:

Zion christian(2), merrol hyde(2), webb school, tipton-rosemark, fayette academy, hermitage springs, david brainerd christian(2), columbia academy(2), st. andrews sewanee.

They have the option of playing all DII teams twice but don't except for ensworth. Seems you'll improve more maybe losing to harpeth hall by 10 than beating merrol hyde by 50. I guess they're sorry that college heights closed or that could be 2 more wins. I hear pioneer christian still has a few open dates.

Who made the schedule? The AD or the coaches

Does D-II schools schedule differently, like maybe for two years?

Edited by wizard1

I would be willing to bet that Zion will give Davidson a better game than the one they played at the first of the yr. They have the Cass girl 6'0 that is improving with every game, they hung 50 points on a very good Santa Fe team. I thought that Zion would be a cakewalk too. Till they beat us.(White-House Heritage). Looks like KCA lowered the boom on Davidson too. Oh well only time will tell. Good luck.

Edited by NeWbLuE

Who made the schedule? The AD or the coaches

Does D-II schools schedule differently, like maybe for two years?

At all schools i know of the boys and girls coaches agree on the schedule. The DII scheduling is done each year like other schools. At Davidson the current girls assistant is married to the coach and used to be the AD but I believe he isn't any more

I would be willing to bet that Zion will give Davidson a better game than the one they played at the first of the yr. They have the Cass girl 6'0 that is improving with every game, they hung 50 points on a very good Santa Fe team. I thought that Zion would be a cakewalk too. Till they beat us.(White-House Heritage). Looks like KCA lowered the boom on Davidson too. Oh well only time will tell. Good luck.

This post in no way is meant to slight the other schools. In years past when they played in class A they regularly played FRA, DCA, goodpasture, Ezell, etc. No one expects them to load up with the shelbyvilles of the world, I just thought they had more potentially "easy" teams than normal. Coach legate does a good job and i wish them all the luck this year.

My reply would be that at least the girls get a few wins this season. I am not sure getting the fire kicked out of you every game makes you better. And there may be some seniors on the team, who will have a few wins under their belt before leaving for college. About four or five years ago, they had a group of girls that were tough to beat. Its a small school and very difficult to keep the talent level up every year. I believe they play all the D-2 schools in their region at least once. So they are going to take some hits no doubt about it. Perhaps after moving to Sumner county, they will toughen up their schedule a little, bigger school etc, we'll see. :D

Edited by fieldman

Classless statement. JP2 has only played 1 team with a winning record so far....and they lost that game by 16....and it was a low scoring game.

Sounds like you are bittter or jealous. Coach LeGate has done a good job over the years and does the best with what she has. They may end up getting more of the athletes when they make the move to Hendersonville. That may be the root of your classless statement. B)

Classless statement. JP2 has only played 1 team with a winning record so far....and they lost that game by 16....and it was a low scoring game.

Sounds like you are bittter or jealous. Coach LeGate has done a good job over the years and does the best with what she has. They may end up getting more of the athletes when they make the move to Hendersonville. That may be the root of your classless statement. :unsure:

Classless, bitter, jealous? wow, i'll take the high road. In my followup post I said good things about Becky. I've coached her girls in aau over the years and get along with her great. It was just an observation and nothing I wouldn't bug her about. As far as JPII schedule, They don't have to play Knox Webb but do. They try to schedule Brentwood academy twice but BA won't. Went to Memphis last year and played Briarcrest who went to the state. This saturday GPS comes to town who is best DII in chattanooga and went to the state last year. Throw in Harpeth Hall and Ryan twice. Will play a solid AAA team in Gallatin next week. Besides, JPII has gone to the state the past 2 years and will challenge again this year. If Beech, H'ville, etc would schedule, JPII would play them also.

Classless, bitter, jealous? wow, i'll take the high road. In my followup post I said good things about Becky. I've coached her girls in aau over the years and get along with her great. It was just an observation and nothing I wouldn't bug her about. As far as JPII schedule, They don't have to play Knox Webb but do. They try to schedule Brentwood academy twice but BA won't. Went to Memphis last year and played Briarcrest who went to the state. This saturday GPS comes to town who is best DII in chattanooga and went to the state last year. Throw in Harpeth Hall and Ryan twice. Will play a solid AAA team in Gallatin next week. Besides, JPII has gone to the state the past 2 years and will challenge again this year. If Beech, H'ville, etc would schedule, JPII would play them also.

How well will JP2 do in their district ?