TFCA All State Announced

vandy1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you're still reading the boards! But I don't guess you'll be PCHS #1 fan next year, I'll have to take over that job! And for the record, I think it's great that Robert got all state, you can thank Coach Bradley for making sure he got the recognition he deserved. Hopefully, some colleges will be looking at him. Good luck!

Hey not so fast ,Chris might be coming to high school next yr. and he is going to be on the tm. So I can still be the self proclaimed chosen one. Oh yeah, the signs will con't. I have ones already in my mind if u have any suggestions let me know.

Absolutely an obivious "homer" all state team. I guess anyone can start an all state voting. I agree you can see if you look at each class the 2 picks show up for a lot of teams. Some of these players were barely all region. But like 926 said you have to join the fraternity to vote. AP use to do the best job with this the week of the championship games at a roundtable voting after players were nominated. This one is has little quality.

Hey not so fast ,Chris might be coming to high school next yr. and he is going to be on the tm. So I can still be the self proclaimed chosen one. Oh yeah, the signs will con't. I have ones already in my mind if u have any suggestions let me know.

I look forward to it! Can't wait till football season rolls around again, I miss it already. Have watched the hi-light tape about 20 times.

Has anybody seen the All-American HS team that has just come out today. What a crock of bull. Only 2 players selected from Tennessee. Who are these people that are charge of selecting this All-American squad, what do they know? All they should have done is get on CoachT and this thread to find out who should have made this unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong on all accounts. Read my first couple of posts and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. And that's only in 2A. I'm not going to name names of the boys I don't think are deserving. Chances are that if someone is coming here and vehemently defending this list, it's for one of the reasons I listed. But, the omissions are GLARING. To expound on just one of my examples...Kyrus Lanxter or Alcoa. Remember him? He's the guy who's going to West Virginia. He's also the guy who won the Blue Cross Bowl Offensive MVP for 2A. Yet, he's missing from this "All-State". Remember, if the Mr. Football finalists weren't automatically awarded the "All-State", then the following 2A athletes would have been omitted assuming their coaches didn't send in the ballot and/or vote (and this is a pretty safe assumption since most of the schools these players attend don't have a consistent history of participating)...Chris Donald-Huntindon (Notre Dame or Tennessee bound), Mark Fisher-Goodpasture (Alabama bound), Raye Sykes-Alcoa (JUCO due to grades, I'm sure), Chris Shiverdecker-Alcoa , Adrian Donald-Humbolt, and Josh Hawkins-Louden. And this is just 2A. I'm sure that people who are more intimately familiar with the other classes would know much more about the athletes chosen at those levels.

As for stats...you can take them for what they are worth. Not every school reports defensive stats to the papers. And I've "tackled" tackling stats in a thread over a year ago (do a search). Some schools are notorious for padding stats. If a school has a tackler in the top 10 every year, then they are likely blessed with an optimistic statistician.

I don't see my posts as being negative at all. Brutally honest, yes... negative, no. There are undoubtedly some very deserving athletes on these lists. Some didn't even win the Region MVP for their position, yet get selected All-State??? I'm just trying to be a voice for justice and against injustice. I'm curious to see what Murphy Fair, who is mostly impartial, would think of this version of the All-State if he didn't fear being shut out by some of the coaches. Tennessee HS football is his livelyhood, after all.

I ain't curious to see what Murphy Fair thinks or says about anything and have no respect for anyone who does. He and his book are a joke!!

For those of you who don't like the picks- go to college, get a degree, get your teaching certification, become a coach, submit a ballot, and go vote yourselves.

I wonder how YOUR kid would feel if he WERE on the list, and people went public saying how that the list was a joke. I guarantee you that all of those kids on that list deserved to be there. And yes, there are probably some left off that deserved it, but the fact of the matter is that there are only so many spots, and some kids are going to get left out. This is no different than a skill player winning hte Heisman, while it still stands to chance that none of his offensive lineman will get drafted. Life ain't fair, it's hard and nothing is free. Tough crap. Get over it.

Don't get too caught up in allstate lists. Most of these teams are a popularity contest. How can someone vote someone to a team when they probably never saw them play? Don't put too much stock into all of these teams. Congrats to people that made it, but if you didn't don't worry about it. I am sure there are many players out there that are better than some on the list, but they didn't get the hype.

For those of you who don't like the picks- go to college, get a degree, get your teaching certification, become a coach, submit a ballot, and go vote yourselves.

I wonder how YOUR kid would feel if he WERE on the list, and people went public saying how that the list was a joke. I guarantee you that all of those kids on that list deserved to be there. And yes, there are probably some left off that deserved it, but the fact of the matter is that there are only so many spots, and some kids are going to get left out. This is no different than a skill player winning hte Heisman, while it still stands to chance that none of his offensive lineman will get drafted. Life ain't fair, it's hard and nothing is free. Tough crap. Get over it.

I agree!!!

Everyone can't make the list!!!

I'm sure all of you that are disappointed in the list and are complaining, didn't get to watch everyone on the list play. No I didn't get to watch all of them either and thats why I'm not crying about it!!!

Edited by glover