Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

Well.....this started by my statement "last years defense would have handled MTP" You said it wouldn't have...so I offered up some facts. Had nothing to do with this years teams....read and review......you will see. Last years defense was one of the top in the state, fact. Have a good day!!!!!!!!

mtp wins

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you see MTP having the advantage over LCHS...and visa versa. Any prediction on The match ups?

I don't know enough about LC to have that type of opinion. I think both teams will have plenty of speed and plenty of big guys up front. I believe the team that prepares best may come out on top. Being the first game of the season there is a big opportunity to miss assignments offensively and deffensively for both teams. What I would like to see is a Tiger win followed by the Tigers and LC running through the rest of their schedules undefeated. I am glad MP is playing as tough of a non region schedule as they are. I believe it will help offset some of the weaker region games we have to play.

I don't know enough about LC to have that type of opinion. I think both teams will have plenty of speed and plenty of big guys up front. I believe the team that prepares best may come out on top. Being the first game of the season there is a big opportunity to miss assignments offensively and deffensively for both teams. What I would like to see is a Tiger win followed by the Tigers and LC running through the rest of their schedules undefeated. I am glad MP is playing as tough of a non region schedule as they are. I believe it will help offset some of the weaker region games we have to play.

Have to admit.......you did pick to tough games to get it started. Not sure how much Fairview lost through graduation..but they generally are a very tough bunch of young men. LCHS...not really sure about this version yet...they lost their big Full back and some excellent defensive players..so kind of an unknown this year how they will come together....but I think it will be great to have there first test against a quality team to see......and MTP certainly qualifies! I bet the game will be standing room only.......might want to find some more seating......sure you will be able to sell every ticket you have.

Have a good one!

WOW....they have them back to back....is the fairview game there or home? Good thing they didn't play them last year, they had a linebacker/fullback by the name of cassidy that was a stud and then some. He has a brother that is playing this year..that looks to be good....I seen him play in middle school and score 5 or 6 TDS. and continued that in a triple overtime game. I think you will be able to handle Waverly.......there aren't as mentally tough as WCHS players, and after being knocked around , they seem to lose the fight in them.....do you play them at home or away?

Fairview game is in Mt Pleasant also.

Home field advantage does help in close games. I would say if MTP gets through the first two games undefeated...they should have no excuse on going to the boro this year....It would be the "year of the tiger".

I will have to agree with yeah there. Two very tough opening games.

Then region 6 starts:

@ Zion

@ Cornersville

@ Perry Co

Wayne Co (Jungle)

@ C'Wood

Moore Co J(ungle)

@ Huntland

last but not least, (Jungle) with CA Bullfrogs.

I couldn't help but check out this thread. both schools in question are much anticipated matchups for my boys at Fairview. To answer queations, we lost some key components from last years playoff squad (Degalliford, Cassidy, Baldoni, Gulizia, Gasieki-kicker) But they have been replaced by very adequate young men. and yes Cassidy's little(bigger) brother has the makings of a huge high school career (he'll be a SO, started every game as a FR at MLB) With a new HC and a balanced offensive style that better suits our athletes, Fairview will definitely turn some heads, and will give opposing Ds a lot to plan for.

I watched the EH/mTp game last year, It was obvious that EH was able key in on Marco and thus win the game. Though he was effective for most of the game he took a good beating. I expect the non-region games to test the durability of said phenom. One thing will be for sure after LC and Fairview come rolling through, MtP will have a downhill slide to the playoffs.

I couldn't help but check out this thread. both schools in question are much anticipated matchups for my boys at Fairview. To answer queations, we lost some key components from last years playoff squad (Degalliford, Cassidy, Baldoni, Gulizia, Gasieki-kicker) But they have been replaced by very adequate young men. and yes Cassidy's little(bigger) brother has the makings of a huge high school career (he'll be a SO, started every game as a FR at MLB) With a new HC and a balanced offensive style that better suits our athletes, Fairview will definitely turn some heads, and will give opposing Ds a lot to plan for.

I watched the EH/mTp game last year, It was obvious that EH was able key in on Marco and thus win the game. Though he was effective for most of the game he took a good beating. I expect the non-region games to test the durability of said phenom. One thing will be for sure after LC and Fairview come rolling through, MtP will have a downhill slide to the playoffs.

Will the MP game be the first for Fairview?

Edited by wholder

No, They open Week 0 with Page at home. Should be an interesting matchup, a cross county rivalry in the making with Fairview probably moving into that region at the next class change if growth keeps up.

Fairview has two good opponents for the first two games.