Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

Boo-Hoo....Did I hurt your feelings? You wanted to talk about LCHS and MPHS. I did. I dont think I was "Putting your team down." If I wanted to put them down, I could have said something like," If LCHS is so great, then why do they struggle with 1a teams like WC and Collinwood (when there was 3 classes and LCHS was our favorite HC victim)."

Face it.......year in and year out Lewis County can barely hold thier own with most 1A teams. Maybe they will have an awesome year in 07, but they better be playing at the 2A or 3A level or MP will hand them a loss quickly. I would put my Trojans up against the Panthers this year and any of the last 10 years, and feel confident.

Good Luck to the Lewis County Panthers.

:):):roflol::thumb::lol:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to change the title of this thread. Good Luck to both but I pull for Collinwood when they are not playing the Lions of CPA.

Luckly we dont have to worry about the Lions any more, but you were always great guests. Thanks for the comments.

Boo-Hoo....Did I hurt your feelings? You wanted to talk about LCHS and MPHS. I did. I dont think I was "Putting your team down." If I wanted to put them down, I could have said something like," If LCHS is so great, then why do they struggle with 1a teams like WC and Collinwood (when there was 3 classes and LCHS was our favorite HC victim)."

Face it.......year in and year out Lewis County can barely hold thier own with most 1A teams. Maybe they will have an awesome year in 07, but they better be playing at the 2A or 3A level or MP will hand them a loss quickly. I would put my Trojans up against the Panthers this year and any of the last 10 years, and feel confident.

Good Luck to the Lewis County Panthers.

So we don't play to our 2A level?

Excuse me, at the end of last season Lewis County was ranked 4th in 2A behind Goodpasture and Alcoa. Don't get me wrong I know that Collinwood has alot of tradition, but the only year I would hold against us would be the dream team you guys had in 2002. Ward, Risner, and Rich were all great athletes, I would put them up against almost anyone. But, to say that we are a joke in 2A is like saying we would lose to Zion.

We held Wayne County to - 22 yard Rushing and 56 yards total, yea the offense struggled a little bit, Only 18-0. As for comparing a close game with a weaker team to be a sign of weakness...... What was the score at Perry County last year? Do you think they would have competed with us too? Oh, and ask Rice if he is going to re- schedule Lewis County next year...... I bet you get a NO. Maybe we will have an opening for Collinwood.... Perhaps Homecoming?

Till then, I am done with this argument. I think I have won.

Excuse me, at the end of last season Lewis County was ranked 4th in 2A behind Goodpasture and Alcoa. Don't get me wrong I know that Collinwood has alot of tradition, but the only year I would hold against us would be the dream team you guys had in 2002. Ward, Risner, and Rich were all great athletes, I would put them up against almost anyone. But, to say that we are a joke in 2A is like saying we would lose to Zion.

We held Wayne County to - 22 yard Rushing and 56 yards total, yea the offense struggled a little bit, Only 18-0. As for comparing a close game with a weaker team to be a sign of weakness...... What was the score at Perry County last year? Do you think they would have competed with us too? Oh, and ask Rice if he is going to re- schedule Lewis County next year...... I bet you get a NO. Maybe we will have an opening for Collinwood.... Perhaps Homecoming?

I never said you were a joke in 2A........I said your teams barely hold thier own with 1A teams. As for beating WC 18-0 we beat them 38-15, you must be very proud. Perry County could have goose-egged you guys last year. That might have ended in a tie.

I would love to have LC for HC next year. That would be just like old times. :roflol:

You havent won anything, yet. Would you rather talk about MP?

I never said you were a joke in 2A........I said your teams barely hold thier own with 1A teams. As for beating WC 18-0 we beat them 38-15, you must be very proud. Perry County could have goose-egged you guys last year. That might have ended in a tie.

I would love to have LC for HC next year. That would be just like old times. :roflol:

38-15, so you beat them by 23 while they scored two touchdowns? Wow, we should really bow down to Collinwood for beating someone by 5 more points...... man Ya'll are so good. That actually shows that we were without a kicker and had a better Defense.

We are aguing ourselves into a hole, I will go ahead and say you guys are good, and never said that you wasn't. I hope that was some sarcasm about PC, and also why exactly do you think Mt. Plesant will win by 3 td's? I would actually like to hear some reasons, besides Marco and Ju JU. No one is worried about Ju Ju, and we worry about Marco's speed and toughness. Besides that, we think we match-up pretty evenly against them. We should have one of the best line's since 2001. That is saying alot if you know about LC. Also the backfield still has very good depth and better speed. Linebacker's will definately speak for themselves. Now I want to hear what you think about it all, enough about CW.....We 't be able to really say who would win unless we played.

Now that is funny.....good to see humor injected..breaks up the serious talk!!

Hey! Leave Coach Rice out of this.Yes Wayne Co. will play Lewis Co. next year because of the two year contracts.You have to fulfill them.Was talking to the old ball coach the other day on the football field and the subject of Lewis Co. came up and would we keep playing Lewis Co. for years to come and Coach Rice said as long he is coach at Wayne Co. he will play Lewis Co. and Bobby Sharp every year.He said we aren't suppose to beat them.They are a much bigger school(almost 3-a from what I hear) and he said he likes playing public school teams who are bigger in size and supposidly better on the field.He has beat them numerous times as a head coach and assistant.He opens up with Waverly at Waverly week 0 then he gets on the bus and heads to Hohenwld the next Friday.So I would dare to say he is afraid because he's not and his kids are not.He likes playing teams like this so he can get ready for the playoffs.Being an old alumni and former player the Lewis Co. games were always my favorite even though we didn't win a one.I look forward for this rivalry to continue for years to come because the ole ball sure does look forward to it for years to come.Remember he has got 3 boys coming up with least being 8 years old.Good luck to Wayne Co. the next 30 years against Lewis Co. because they WILL play.Good luck to Lewis Co. this year!

don't let that post fool you, I am a Rice fan. He has just dropped us in years past,and we all know about the boys coming up. Wayne County has never been known as a slouch to us, we enjoy playing ya'll as much as you enjoy playing us.

Edited by LCHSgrinch

don't let that post fool you, I am a Rice fan. He has just dropped us in years past,and we all know about the boys coming up. Wayne County has never been known as a slouch to us, we enjoy playing ya'll as much as you enjoy playing us.

Thanks! I just hope our boys can compete with yall.Good luck to yall and I hope yall can win a state championship this year because from what I hear your going to be really good and make a run at it.Good luck to the Panthers!

3 I would actually like to hear some reasons, besides Marco and Ju JU. No one is worried about Ju Ju, and we worry about Marco's speed and toughness. Besides that, we think we match-up pretty evenly against them.

Two TE's who can catch any ball thrown their way,Ryan English 5'11/185,and Preston Gilbreath 6'4/250.A proven,grind-it-out FB(also one heckuva MLB) in Kyle Bays 5'10/240,great DE's in Dusty Robertson 5'10/215 and David Brown 6'/180, a dominant force a DT Javaris Holt 6'1/225.

Is that enough for LC to worry about? Or should I name more?

Two TE's who can catch any ball thrown their way,Ryan English 5'11/185,and Preston Gilbreath 6'4/250.A proven,grind-it-out FB(also one heckuva MLB) in Kyle Bays 5'10/240,great DE's in Dusty Robertson 5'10/215 and David Brown 6'/180, a dominant force a DT Javaris Holt 6'1/225.

Is that enough for LC to worry about? Or should I name more?

Thank you........LC will have a tough go at it trying to hold Dailey to less than 4 or 5 scores, I dont care how great thier defense is supposed to be this year. Dailey will be a senior with almost the entire starting offense back, and from what Ive heard he's gotten better at passing the ball around. If LC spends the whole night trying to just key on MD he just might pick them apart.

Thank you........LC will have a tough go at it trying to hold Dailey to less than 4 or 5 scores, I dont care how great thier defense is supposed to be this year. Dailey will be a senior with almost the entire starting offense back, and from what Ive heard he's gotten better at passing the ball around. If LC spends the whole night trying to just key on MD he just might pick them apart.

If he does that against Lewis County's defense, even if you don't care how great their defense is suppose to be this year, Marco will score atleast 10 TD's against the "wood". I would bet Coach Sharp hopes he stands back and passes the ball around all night against the secondary of LC. :flower: