Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont believe that anyone thinks MP has played any teams above 1a. LCHS might be 2a but they cant have more than 11 men on the field at a time. MP's teamthis year, in my opinion, is going to be much better than last years. LCHS is going to be just another team to go through to get to state. Our line is coming back just as big,stronger,experienced, and possibly faster. Marco cant only run, now he can throw and the recievers have gotten much better also.We have some transfers that can fill in for those who left last year and are going to be good in those spots. All that is left is to learn how to play as a Team. Oh wait they know how to do that. well i guess they will be pretty awesome. But im not one to brag. Also, everyone is saying how "big" LCHS line is. Have they not seen our line. we have size too. but to add to that, size doesnt matter if you cant use it. so they can be as big as they want. it all comes down to who wants it more and who has worked harder. good luck and health LCHS and we will see you at the JUNGLE.

Back to Back to Back to Back for 2007-2008

So were you part of the line from W"boro that helped them rush for a -22 yards and 56 yards total offense?

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! But have to admit its funny. Someone at least made a point lol! I 'm guessing he is pulling for MTP because of them bein g in there district...and the got to score against them, were as didn't against LCHS. I have been asking numerous times of where the match ups are, who they see having the advantage say in .....Defense, Offense, Special teams, kicking game etc. and all I get is .....MTP, MARCO etc. some really in depth observations! I did read an earlier post about transfers etc. sound like MTP is becoming the Alcoa of 1A with all the new ones coming on board. The game should be an interesting one.....can't see this being a blow out...but stranger things have happened!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! But have to admit its funny. Someone at least made a point lol! I 'm guessing he is pulling for MTP because of them bein g in there district...and the got to score against them, were as didn't against LCHS. I have been asking numerous times of where the match ups are, who they see having the advantage say in .....Defense, Offense, Special teams, kicking game etc. and all I get is .....MTP, MARCO etc. some really in depth observations! I did read an earlier post about transfers etc. sound like MTP is becoming the Alcoa of 1A with all the new ones coming on board. The game should be an interesting one.....can't see this being a blow out...but stranger things have happened!

im actually pullin for them because there representing region 6 1a

im actually pullin for them because there representing region 6 1a

Now thats understandable......but beings you played both...how do you the match up.....the strengths or each, and weakness or each.....just an opinion is what I 'm looking for. Why do you give the edge to whoever would be good also...thanks!

Good luck to you , and hope you have a safe and injury free season......and Whip MTP.

Now thats understandable......but beings you played both...how do you the match up.....the strengths or each, and weakness or each.....just an opinion is what I 'm looking for. Why do you give the edge to whoever would be good also...thanks!

Good luck to you , and hope you have a safe and injury free season......and Whip MTP.

Now come on Stat pack1. You got a couple of ex MP players on your team you could at least root for us when we aren't playing you. Heck I want LC to win all the rest of their games and make the state after they play us.

One thing I have to offer though. Until LC starts playing the toughest competition available for their out of region games they won't improve enough to make it to the state championship game IMO. You can't beat the best until you play the best. I believe that is why MP trys to play up during their non-conference games. That's why we play you, Fairview, and the last 2 years Giles County and Ezell Harding. You guys should really consider playing some 3, 4, or 5A schools. Beating up on 1A schools may give the team much needed confidence but it could also give false confidence. That is where I believe your coach makes his biggest mistake. That being said good luck to you after week zero. I really do wish you the best.

Now come on Stat pack1. You got a couple of ex MP players on your team you could at least root for us when we aren't playing you. Heck I want LC to win all the rest of their games and make the state after they play us.

One thing I have to offer though. Until LC starts playing the toughest competition available for their out of region games they won't improve enough to make it to the state championship game IMO. You can't beat the best until you play the best. I believe that is why MP trys to play up during their non-conference games. That's why we play you, Fairview, and the last 2 years Giles County and Ezell Harding. You guys should really consider playing some 3, 4, or 5A schools. Beating up on 1A schools may give the team much needed confidence but it could also give false confidence. That is where I believe your coach makes his biggest mistake. That being said good luck to you after week zero. I really do wish you the best.

LCHS.....will play anyone.....but the problem is alot of schools elect not to play LCHS. Years ago players from your area moved here...not this year or even just last year. We do play in scrimmages.....Lexington, Lispcomb etc..I would say that would qualify. Last year was Hickman..4a, and Wayne (which is a rivarly game). We play the games scheduled in our district...and you can blame LCHS when it was down..and had a few teams not up to par. Loretta usually is a power and was down last year. Every district has a few teams down.....such as Perry, Zion etc. Another consideration is miles, especially now with the gas prices.....hard to afford a trip to the golden arch...lol. Last year.....LCHS, Camden and Waverly were good teams, but had to face ABC.....which you know...you couldn't compete with...has the edge.

I don't know a lot about Lewis Co. I havent seen them play in the last few years. But im sure they play the same ole smash mouth football they have for years. What i can tell you is this will be a pretty evenly matched game! I remember when Lewis Co. used to just physically dominate MP the last 7 or eight times the played them in the past, and i can tell you that won't happen this time!! MP has a lot of talent other than Marco! Yes, he is a level or two above the others, but Lewis Co. will be suprised if they think all they have to do is shut Marco down, which will be hard to do! As for MP, Lewis Co will be very physical, much like Giles Co. last year! I know you hear a lot of smack talk, but i think most everyone knows this will be a tight game!! GO MP!!

LCHS.....will play anyone.....but the problem is alot of schools elect not to play LCHS. Years ago players from your area moved here...not this year or even just last year. We do play in scrimmages.....Lexington, Lispcomb etc..I would say that would qualify. Last year was Hickman..4a, and Wayne (which is a rivarly game). We play the games scheduled in our district...and you can blame LCHS when it was down..and had a few teams not up to par. Loretta usually is a power and was down last year. Every district has a few teams down.....such as Perry, Zion etc. Another consideration is miles, especially now with the gas prices.....hard to afford a trip to the golden arch...lol. Last year.....LCHS, Camden and Waverly were good teams, but had to face ABC.....which you know...you couldn't compete with...has the edge.

I'm not blaming anyone except your coach. If you want to improve the team play up not down. And everyone knows that Hickman county isn't that tough. Yeah there are 3 and 4A schools out there that would play you. I'm sure GC would play if they were asked, or Lawrence County. If you want to play with the ABC's you need to play the best competition you can during the year. And yes everyone has a Zion in their district that they can't help but play.