Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

I'm not blaming anyone except your coach. If you want to improve the team play up not down. And everyone knows that Hickman county isn't that tough. Yeah there are 3 and 4A schools out there that would play you. I'm sure GC would play if they were asked, or Lawrence County. If you want to play with the ABC's you need to play the best competition you can during the year. And yes everyone has a Zion in their district that they can't help but play.

Lets see with that logic.....It is a no win situation for LCHS. By the way they have played Lawrence in the past and done very well. With this logic....LCHS shouldn't be playing MTP. they are 1A, it appears to be a no win for LCHS.....win they are suppose to........Lose and they overated. Last year you played Ezell...and lost.......which Ezell didn't have a good year.....so who is to blame for that. Sometimes the schedule doesn't match the sucess of a team. The best way to figure this out is to ask Bobby Sharp about who has asked to play and has been turned down. If LCHS has a down year this year.....and MTP wins against them does that mean anything to either?

LCHS has seeked out alot of differant teams to play and has been turned down...so can't put it all on the coach. The game coming up SHOULD be a good one. I'm not sure of LCHS offense yet......if they find it...should make for a great one, if not on ly a good one. Sounds like you have a few excellent players that have joined the team to add to Marco. As I said before, if you go undefeated through the first two games , you would only have yourselfs to blame if you don't take it all the way. Good luck!!!!!!!

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see with that logic.....It is a no win situation for LCHS. By the way they have played Lawrence in the past and done very well. With this logic....LCHS shouldn't be playing MTP. they are 1A, it appears to be a no win for LCHS.....win they are suppose to........Lose and they overated. Last year you played Ezell...and lost.......which Ezell didn't have a good year.....so who is to blame for that. Sometimes the schedule doesn't match the sucess of a team. The best way to figure this out is to ask Bobby Sharp about who has asked to play and has been turned down. If LCHS has a down year this year.....and MTP wins against them does that mean anything to either?

LCHS has seeked out alot of differant teams to play and has been turned down...so can't put it all on the coach. The game coming up SHOULD be a good one. I'm not sure of LCHS offense yet......if they find it...should make for a great one, if not on ly a good one. Sounds like you have a few excellent players that have joined the team to add to Marco. As I said before, if you go undefeated through the first two games , you would only have yourselfs to blame if you don't take it all the way. Good luck!!!!!!!

Quit trying to turn this into something it isn't. I'm not dogging anyone out. All I'm saying is that if LC wan'ts to play with the upper echelon in 2A they need to play tougher competition. Granted they scrimmage Bruceton and play MP some of the toughest 1A teams but they should be playing tough 3A schools if they want to compete with the Goodpastures and DCAs.

:blink::thumb: Thanks Marco for your incredibly egotistical statement in the Tennessean, every player in Lewis County has it posted and will dwell on it until gameday! You are in for a night of suprises!!!!! Get yourself a good physical therapist lined up-you are going to need it.... Lewis Co plays with heart and grit Something you are about to see

game night!!!!!!!! People will be saying Marco WHO?????????????

Quit trying to turn this into something it isn't. I'm not dogging anyone out. All I'm saying is that if LC wan'ts to play with the upper echelon in 2A they need to play tougher competition. Granted they scrimmage Bruceton and play MP some of the toughest 1A teams but they should be playing tough 3A schools if they want to compete with the Goodpastures and DCAs.

Lexington.....they play who the can...enough said.....GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON

:blink::thumb: Thanks Marco for your incredibly egotistical statement in the Tennessean, every player in Lewis County has it posted and will dwell on it until gameday! You are in for a night of suprises!!!!! Get yourself a good physical therapist lined up-you are going to need it.... Lewis Co plays with heart and grit Something you are about to see

game night!!!!!!!! People will be saying Marco WHO?????????????

Looks like you just gave MP some bulletin board material yourself. Then for you guys to hurt him like you say you are, you have to catch him first.

Looks like you just gave MP some bulletin board material yourself. Then for you guys to hurt him like you say you are, you have to catch him first.

From what I have seen of Marco catching him isn't the problem now taking him down that's another issue all together.

Panthers are not worried- We are looking forward to it! :thumb:

Saw MP scrimmage Lawerence County. MP first team won pretty easy. They won 3 to 1. The first series MP got stopped. The second series Marco floored some poor DB. You could hear it two blocks away. It was crazy!. Then, MP fumbled it in the red zone. The last three possessions MP scored easily with Clifton and Marco both making several brillant runs and the short passing looked good. Clifton has serious speed. He has to be close to 200lbs He's picked some weight and strength. He had two big runs. Also, that former Columbia Lb made some good plays on D. The MP defense stuffed Lawerence County the last three series. Then, Lawerence County scored several TDs on MPs second and third string before I left. This should be a good game. Hope I can see it.

Edited by wuzMP63

Saw MP scrimmage Lawerence County. MP first team won pretty easy. They won 3 to 1. The first series MP got stopped. The second series Marco floored some poor DB. You could hear it two blocks away. It was crazy!. Then, MP fumbled it in the red zone. The last three possessions MP scored easily with Clifton and Marco both making several brillant runs and the short passing looked good. Clifton has serious speed. He has to be close to 200lbs He's picked some weight and strength. He had two big runs. Also, that former Columbia Lb made some good plays on D. The MP defense stuffed Lawerence County the last three series. Then, Lawerence County scored several TDs on MPs second and third string before I left. This should be a good game. Hope I can see it.

GO TIGERS!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! But have to admit its funny. Someone at least made a point lol! I 'm guessing he is pulling for MTP because of them bein g in there district...and the got to score against them, were as didn't against LCHS. I have been asking numerous times of where the match ups are, who they see having the advantage say in .....Defense, Offense, Special teams, kicking game etc. and all I get is .....MTP, MARCO etc. some really in depth observations! I did read an earlier post about transfers etc. sound like MTP is becoming the Alcoa of 1A with all the new ones coming on board. The game should be an interesting one.....can't see this being a blow out...but stranger things have happened!

Transfers can really help. There is ton of talent in Columbia...guys go D1 from that area every year. After a few very successful years it shouldn't surprise anyone that players want to come play for that team.

MTP was a solid team last year (state semifinalist) and not senior heavy. They work hard and their coaches do a good job preparing the team to play. I would only expect them to be better this year. I think they do beat a good Lewis Co. team and I hate to give them high expectations, but they should also make a state title game appearance this year!

apantherfan

"Thanks Marco for your incredibly egotistical statement in the Tennessean, every player in Lewis County has it posted and will dwell on it until gameday! You are in for a night of suprises!!!!! Get yourself a good physical therapist lined up-you are going to need it.... Lewis Co plays with heart and grit Something you are about to see

game night!!!!!!!! People will be saying Marco WHO???????????"

Now that I am graduated I can finally post whatever I want. So to start...

First of all I would like to remind Lewis Co that Marco was the best QB in the state last year. For some reason i dont think that was for nothing. Also he cant have done it all by himself no matter what anyone says. I dont care if they are from Mt.Pleasant and think so but i think they know better. Secondly, every pansy that gets on here and talks smack about how they are going "hurt"someone never backs it up and always looks like a complete idiot and you make your team look worse. Tigers dont get on here and talk smack, cuz we show our skill on the field and have more class obviously. And about the whole playing with heart, i dont know a team that plays better than we do. So by posting this you must feel threatened by marco and feel the need to try and scare us by doing so. Its not going to work cuz it never has. We are scared of no team

We have played bigger and better teams than you. you guys dont need to dwell on Marcos statement but on how you are going to stop him and the rest of the Tigers. Good luck, youll need it.