Top Players In The Bg 9

Floor_General22

When is Wattad going to live up to his reputation as being the best in the Big 9? I haven't seen him play but his boxscores don't look that outstanding. He appears to be a solid player but I hope they give everyone a serious look before they hand him the player of the year award. Sounds like everyone is falling into the media hype around him and not watching the games.

Im not disagreeing with you. By the boxscores he doesnt look like he being the dominate player he should be but what it really is, he doesnt start playing until he has to. When i saw him play he always looked for the open man instead of him shooting. Then if the game gets close he goes down hits 3 or 4 shots in a row.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far this is what I think the top 5 would be (in order of position, not rank)

1. Snapp Sullivan East

2. Cradic Volunteer

3. Wattad Science Hill

4. Baker Central

5. Odem Science Hill

Player of the year going to either Wattad or Snapp at this point.

Josh Odem is a great player no doubt but i dont know about top 5 in the conference.Ive seen every team play and so far I would say

1.Issac Snapp-East

2.Wes Baker-Central

3.Keith Cradic-Volunteer

4.Omar Wattad-Science Hill

5.Matt Layton-Tennessee High

6.Aaron Wiley-South

7.Justin Hess-Central

8.Justin Sylvester-DB

9.David Murray-Crockett

10.Josh Odem-Science Hill

Terrible list. Snapp is overrated, as soon as you get somebody who can play defense on his he is shut down, like he was in the DB game. Wattad is the best talent wise, but he has not shown it this year. Wiley from South, as well as Throp and Sylvester from DB, and Hess from Central are all better than Snapp, Baker, Cradic, and Layton.

Terrible list. Snapp is overrated, as soon as you get somebody who can play defense on his he is shut down, like he was in the DB game. Wattad is the best talent wise, but he has not shown it this year. Wiley from South, as well as Throp and Sylvester from DB, and Hess from Central are all better than Snapp, Baker, Cradic, and Layton.

Other than Wattad and Snapp, there are no other players in the conference that coaches actually have to prepare their team for. So I don't see how you couldn't pick them as the top 2. And if only allowing a kid 15 points is considered shutting him down, then I would hate to see what a good night would be.

Apparently you didn't see the game so let me spell it out for you... Snapp finished with 15 points, but did not have a field goal in the 1st half. Ala, SHUT DOWN! 6 of his points were from the free throw line on bailout calls where he just threw himself into the defender like he does when he has nowhere to go, plus a 2-shot technical. The other 9 points came from 3 pretty wideopen threes after DB was up big late in the game. Oh yeah, he also fouled out trying to guard the DB guards.

So, all in all, he was pretty much shut down.

And P.S., DB did not gameplan for Snapp. They played their defense as they always do and let their guards take care of him, which they did.

You have to game plan for Hess, Baker, Snapp, and Throp. Omar doesn't even start, yes they are winning, but seriously am I the only person who thinks Cutlip is an idiot? He could be putting up Mr. Basketball stats but can't because of a coach holding him back. Snapp is in no way overrated, if anything he is underrated. He can flat out shoot, and he must be doing something because East is winning, can anyone remember the last time East had a good team?

Josh Odem is a great player no doubt but i dont know about top 5 in the conference.Ive seen every team play and so far I would say

1.Issac Snapp-East

2.Wes Baker-Central

3.Keith Cradic-Volunteer

4.Omar Wattad-Science Hill

5.Matt Layton-Tennessee High

6.Aaron Wiley-South

7.Justin Hess-Central

8.Justin Sylvester-DB

9.David Murray-Crockett

10.Josh Odem-Science Hill

No way anybody in there right mind would take Layton over Hess or Wiley!!!! Iam not saying that he dont deserve to be on that list(maybe maybe not) but no way is he top 5 over Hess or Wiley.... Not that he needs to see this but i will tell Hess just to get him fired up even more before they play tuesday... Thanks and i might even see if i can post this in the locker room.. One more thing, no way you can put Sylvester on that list yet, he is a good ball player but still i think he is a year away.. Odem from S.H. i will agree but i would take the Smith kid from S.H. right now over Sylvester, lot of basketball left to play this year things can change... But L ayton over Hess or Wiley wont be one of the changes

Justin Sylvester is not the best player right now but in a year or so when he will definitely be considered one of the top players if not the top player in the Big 9.... he is only a sophomore.

Once Coty Sensabaugh is back from his leg injury I believe he will be the top player in the big 9 conference.