Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

Don't know, but I'd expect something pretty quick in the new year. The search was suspended while the headmaster was in the hospital for surgery. He is at home recovering and is expected to be back on his feet foanooga t's a priority . . .

My source in Chattanooga says Potter will be the next coach. Call this a solid rumor.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this, but I really believe McCallie has more money than BA...........why wouldn't McCallie not try to keep him????? My feelings are Coach Rector for the job......

McCallie can't compete with BA on $$$, maybe Ensworth but not McCallie. The other question is why would a coach want to go to BA to replace a legend. It will be a tough problem for any coach to follow in the shoes of Flatt. It didn't work for the last coach. A wise coach once told me that it's better to go out of state to get coaches because they don't know or care about the history.

McCallie can't compete with BA on $$$, maybe Ensworth but not McCallie. The other question is why would a coach want to go to BA to replace a legend. It will be a tough problem for any coach to follow in the shoes of Flatt. It didn't work for the last coach. A wise coach once told me that it's better to go out of state to get coaches because they don't know or care about the history.

I know of nothing from BA other than an interview. My info came from McCallie friends who think Coach Potter will go if BA makes an offer.

It is not all about money. McCallie has been around for a lot longer than BA. They have a lot bigger endowment and a lot more alum (bigger school that has been around a lot longer). There will be no bidding war, however. He gets paid well at McCallie and he would get paid well at BA. I understand that Coach Potter is a strong Christian and it may come down to where he wants his kids to go to school. It does not make one school better than another but everyone has different priorities and preferences.

So, for those in the know, is Jeff Rutledge out of the mix now for the BA position? A couple of weeks ago, it sounded as if he was gone, given his ties to BA and the headmaster. Now I'm hearing that one of the local radio stations had surmised earlier this week that, if a couple of NFL coaching dominos fall in the off-season, that his old buddy Ken Whisenhunt (Steelers O.C.) could be in the mix for a potential head coach opening with the Falcons and that he would bring Rutledge in to tutor Michael Vick.

I don't want to burst your bubble but McCallie has more money (look at their endowment) than Brentwood Academy and Montgomery Bell Academy combined.

So, for those in the know, is Jeff Rutledge out of the mix now for the BA position? A couple of weeks ago, it sounded as if he was gone, given his ties to BA and the headmaster. Now I'm hearing that one of the local radio stations had surmised earlier this week that, if a couple of NFL coaching dominos fall in the off-season, that his old buddy Ken Whisenhunt (Steelers O.C.) could be in the mix for a potential head coach opening with the Falcons and that he would bring Rutledge in to tutor Michael Vick.

It is my understanding that Jeff wants out of MBA ASAP but does not want to take a reduction in salary. He loves the kids and families but one individual @ MBA is making his life less than happy. This same individual is the reason that Ricky decided to leave for Ensworth.

Who would take the job if Jeff leaves? Would they give it to Dan?