Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

One of your 3 or 4 "solid rumors" will undoubtedly be true! :thumb:

I think the better word would be "accurate". "True" would indicate that I was making a promise or a prediction. "Rumor" indicates that I am passing something on that may or may not be true as a message board service, thus not subjuct to scrutiny by anyone other than a poster who cruises threads looking for somthing to scrutinize. I hope that I have made your message board day.

You have provoked me into making my first "prediction": Ralph Potter will be the next coach and athletic director at Brentwood Academy. If I am wrong this will set you up for another fun filled day of scrutiny.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie can't compete with BA on $$$, maybe Ensworth but not McCallie. The other question is why would a coach want to go to BA to replace a legend. It will be a tough problem for any coach to follow in the shoes of Flatt. It didn't work for the last coach. A wise coach once told me that it's better to go out of state to get coaches because they don't know or care about the history.

You ever been to McCallie's campus? It is nicer than most small colleges with their own security guards roaming the campus. Believe it or not, BA's campus doesn't come halfway close to McCallie or Baylor.

I don't want to burst your bubble but McCallie has more money (look at their endowment) than Brentwood Academy and Montgomery Bell Academy combined.

Why did you have to go bust my bubble? You are correct but by twice? I couldn't find the evidence to support that. BA keeps it under wraps while I could review MBA and McCallie on the net.

I suppose Ted Turner gave his money ($1B+) to the UN and Jane. You would think the old Montana land baron would send more money McCallie way.

You ever been to McCallie's campus? It is nicer than most small colleges with their own security guards roaming the campus. Believe it or not, BA's campus doesn't come halfway close to McCallie or Baylor.

At the risk of making you puke I will tell you that not everyone is motivated by that. If that were the case, George Quarles would have left Maryville a long time ago. Maryville's facilities are great better than many. However, no where near Brentwood Academy's. BA offered him a lot more money that Maryville was paying him.

I may be mistaken (tell me if I am wrong) BA would be a promotion for Coach Potter. THOUSANDS of people are moving from all over the country to live in Williamson County. Coach Potter is a DEVOUT CHRISTIAN. Coach Potter has a son ready to enter middle school. Does he want him entering a Christian school? You may not agree with him, but that may mean a lot to him. Don't look at the superficial.

Here is some more rumor and opinion to chew on. Potter was offered the job when Quarles turned it down and has ask for time to consider.

McCallie has a strong Christian influence on their campus also.

Some alum were willing to match BAs financial offer but were shot down due to not wanting to pay more to a coach than an educator.

The statement has been made "it would be nice to coach that level of athlete."

So in my opinion there are a lot of things to factor in this decision, knowing the type man Potter is, I'm certain prayer will have everything to do with which way he decides to go. Don't think he can go wrong either way.

My point is that Ted Turner will have nothing to say about this. By the way to bad Ted never deliverd on the rest of his pledge.

McCallie, The Citadel (where one of Turner's son went) and Brown University (where Turner went and got expelled) are each beneficiaries of $25 million remainder trusts. The way they get the money is Turner dies. McCallie's endowment is $70+ million. USA1, you certainly don't allow your ignorance of the facts stand in the way of your posting.

McCallie, The Citadel (where one of Turner's son went) and Brown University (where Turner went and got expelled) are each beneficiaries of $25 million remainder trusts. The way they get the money is Turner dies. McCallie's endowment is $70+ million. USA1, you certainly don't allow your ignorance of the facts stand in the way of your posting.

Wow you must still be a little chapped from the Blue Cross Bowl. He is probably talking about the million bucks in Time Warner stock that was actually worth about $100,000 by the time the dust settled. Kind of a crack at Ted not Mccallie anyway.

By "educator" do you mean BA's Headmaster?

No...I was referring to McCallie's teaching staff. It is the opinion of some that to pay a coach more than teachers that have been there longer and have higher degrees would be sending the wrong message. Can't really disagree when you are in the business of educating tommorrows leaders.

uncfan13, always trying to pick fights. I was trying to say that the Coach Potter decision will not come down to who has the most money. I was not talking about whatever you say he has promised after he dies. I was talking about the Time Warner debacle.

Hey, the last time I saw you attack someone that you claimed was so ignorant was the "Ooltewah necks" I believe you called them. You know - when they were ignorant and wrong about Coach Potter's interest in Brentwood Academy. You remember that one?